Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any guesses on who will be in waves four and five?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Figuremod73
    Come on guys, I know you want them to do Marvin and Wendy
    If they DO make Marvin and Wendy, I will buy them both just so I can rip them limb from limb...so help me I will.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Yeah there is Batman series 1-3, Teen titans series 1, so the teens were not part of the batman series. Its entirely possible that we might see Superman series 1 or Justice League series 1 and then later Batman series 4.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Actually, I wouldn't mind Wendy and Marvin, since that's my fave incarnation of the SuperFriends, (in fact, I'm watching that version this morning), but I think Zan and Jayna would have more play value. Don't forget to include a bucket for Zan and and eagle for Jayna to change into!

Originally posted by Figuremod73
        Come on guys, I know you want them to do Marvin and Wendy
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd opt for the Wonder Twins.

Poor Zan--shouldn't he have been more like Metamorpho?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
            If they DO make Marvin and Wendy, I will buy them both just so I can rip them limb from limb...so help me I will.
            If they come made on the old bodies, your work will have already been done.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by HardyGirl
              Personally, I'm hoping for some SuperFriends figures. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, (we already have Batman and Robin), and the Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna. And hey, since they did a Mad Monster castle, why not the HOJ to go w/ them?
              Amen to that brother!
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                Amen to that brother!

Brother? You mean sister don't you?
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Would really like an Apache Chief of all the characters made for the show.

I'm sure Cyborg would be a welcome addition to. Dont know how they would work out the suit for him.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Head would be kind of hard. Outfit shouldn't be that hard. Just modify one of their wrestler unitards. Arms and legs just redo Iron Man boots and gloves.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^ Perfect Cyborg recipe IMO:

*Custom head

* Bodysuit w. screened arms & legs, silver fabric V-neck torso/trunks portion

*Silver plastic "iron man" boots & gloves

Not complex, accurate & very "Mego."
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

I'd actually be surprised to to see Mxy. He only got made by Mego due to being colorful as Lex didn't have his green & purple suit yet. Batman & his affiliated characters have a popularity to them and there's an added lure reproducing high demand pieces like The Riddler & Batgirl. No doubt this is why the the Titans are getting made as well. As far as future waves I've made no secret I'd love to see more LOD characters no covered by Retro Action that would make sense, Scarecrow, Brainiac and Bizarro seem to be the three easiest to come to mind. Wouldn't even mind characters RA had done as I'd imagine they'd be more Mego Like Outside of Batman I think bundling character sin Justice League waves is a great idea. So you could have say Superman/villain and Wonder Woman/villain in a wave. Rest of the DCU doesn't have the roster depth Batman has. But utilizing JL waves opens things up quite a bit.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I like the idea of themed JLA-based waves. Superman can support a few, too. I'd like:

* Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Mr. freeze, Arctic Batman

*Black-&-Gray Batman, Huntress, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul

*Nightwing, Scarecrow, Classic Catwoman, Mad Hatter or Clayface

*Superman, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lois Lane, Gen. Zod

*Supergirl, Bizarro, Jimmy Olson, Toyman

*Clark Kent, Brainiac, Jor-El, Metallo

*Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, Giganta, Hippolyta

*Diana Prince, Dr. Psycho, Ares, Nubia

*Flash, Gorilla Grodd, Capt. Boomerang, Mirror Master

*Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, Tomar-Re, Star Sapphire

*Aquaman, Mera, Ocean Master, Fisherman

*Capt. Marvel, Mary Marvel, Shazam, Dr. Sivana

*Billy Batson, Capt. Marvel Jr., King Kull, Mr. Atom

*Hawkman, Atom, Red Tornado, Solomon Grundy

*Green Arrow, Black Canary, Clock King or Count Vertigo, Dr. Light

*Firestorm, Plastic Man, Black Lightning, Swamp Thing

*Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Felix Faust or Etrigan

*SuperFriends: Apache Chief, Samurai, Zan & Jayna

*Doom Patrol: Chief, Robotman, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man

*New Gods: Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Lightray or Orion, Kalibak

Wishful thinking no doubt, but I think that'd make quite a collection! Of course, I'm trying not to rehash Mattel, stick to Mego-era characters, and throw in some Kirby & C C Beck love.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 26, '14, 12:41 AM. Reason: Forgot Doom Patrol!!!!

Comment

• ubermanx
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 3, 2013

I'd love to see Nightwing, Cyborg and Flash but I suspect we might see this in an expanded "New Teen Titans" line after a wave or two of Teen Titans.

Just as they repro'd the original Batman set with an addition I see them doing Superman, Supergirl, Clark Kent, Mr Myxysomething and then something new like Luthor or some such. Superman theme for wave 4 and possibly 5.

Wave 6 (or 5 if Supes is only one wave) will be the rest like Wonder Woman, Shazam, etc.

What I would personally love to see but is too niche are the Kirby New Gods. Or Legion of Superheroes.

- Marty

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Could we support as many waves of DC reMegos as DC Classics? Could FTC? It's a lot to consider.

Regarding the huge list I posted above, I want to point out that, besides head sculpts, only Hawkman & Mr. Freeze would require new CTVT tooling for accessories.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 26, '14, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I want Ra's al Ghul from when he was first introduced.

As well as Black Canary.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎