Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not get a license people will actually buy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Hey, can you see a Junior custom (from Far Out Space Nuts) from a Gilligan figure? Too much! And I would LOVE Krofft figures! Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, The Bugaloos, Johnny, Scott and Sigmund, Kaptain Kool & The Kongs (first season) Fi, Fum, Alice and Jerry and of course the gang from HR PufNStuff! Wouldn't that be groovy?

And Happy Birthday, Bob Denver. I know Barney (from Space Nuts) misses you!

Originally posted by houseofdracula
    Funny thing,... Growing up in the 70's we had Gilligan reruns at least twice a day and there was the cartoon version (The New Adventures of Gilligan) on Saturday mornings.
    I remember wondering why there wasn't Gilligan Mego's or any Gilligan figures back then.
    At the time, my Uncle worked for Hasbro and I asked him about this and he started talking about licenses and things that went over my third grade head.
    I think these make perfect sense for any kid who grew up in the 70's.
    Now, if they'd only do the characters of Sid & Marty Krofft TV shows.

Oh, and Gilligan (Bob Denver) would have turned 79 today.
    Happy Birthday!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Provided he actually LOOKED like either Rex Harrison or Edward Mulhare.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Troy
        All Around Nice Guy
        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
        Beatles Better and Especially this Year their 50th anniversary debut in the states
        While The Beatles would be awesome (the line go out pretty deep with variations), The Monkees were a TV show as well. It fits with their model.

Another I'd like to see Mego-ized is The Green Hornet!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by HardyGirl
          Hey, can you see a Junior custom (from Far Out Space Nuts) from a Gilligan figure? Too much! And I would LOVE Krofft figures! Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, The Bugaloos, Johnny, Scott and Sigmund, Kaptain Kool & The Kongs (first season) Fi, Fum, Alice and Jerry and of course the gang from HR PufNStuff! Wouldn't that be groovy?
          outside of PuffnStuff there is nothing on that list that will appeal to more than a handful of people. Remember, it has to appeal to more than just your personal tastes. It needs to be a property that appeals to a wider audience.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by JediJaida
            The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Provided he actually LOOKED like either Rex Harrison or Edward Mulhare.
            You've got your finger on the pulse of the nation.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ubermanx
              Career Member
              • Jul 3, 2013

Serenity / Firefly ....

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Geez, can't a person dream out loud? And BTW...there are a good number of people who are into Krofft. If you don't believe me, just check around the internet, like Facebook and YouTube. So someday, maybe one of these re-Mego companies can put out a limited edtion of Krofft figures, so us Krofft fans can have our fill. But you can't have any, Thunderbolt.

Oh, and HouseOf Dracula, I left out the original Land Of The Lost.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                outside of PuffnStuff there is nothing on that list that will appeal to more than a handful of people. Remember, it has to appeal to more than just your personal tastes. It needs to be a property that appeals to a wider audience.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see a 'World's Greatest Detectives' and do a Steve McGarret, Columbo, Kolchak the nightstalker, Jim Rockford, and maybe a Mac McMillian as well. Afterall, how can you look at the 70's and not find Rock Hudson? Maybe Brick could explore that character?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Geez, can't a person dream out loud? And BTW...there are a good number of people who are into Krofft. If you don't believe me, just check around the internet, like Facebook and YouTube. So someday, maybe one of these re-Mego companies can put out a limited edtion of Krofft figures, so us Krofft fans can have our fill. But you can't have any, Thunderbolt.

Oh, and HouseOf Dracula, I left out the original Land Of The Lost.
                    Just stating a fact, HG, most of the line dreams you mentioned would not either be made or would not have legs to stand upon. I'd love a Screw On Head Mego figure but I know it won't happen.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

How about a line devoted to the many incarnations of Dracula?

From Lugosi to Langella, to Oldman and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

I'd love to see some Sid & Marty Krofft figures--Pufnstuf, Witchiepoo, HooDoo, Sigmund the Seamonster, Chaka, Sleestak, etc. I've been watching Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost on Me-TV the last several weeks on Saturday mornings.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          How about a line devoted to the many incarnations of Dracula?

From Lugosi to Langella, to Oldman and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
                          Until that happens officially, Martin/DD are doing a pretty awesome job with these...
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            ...Remember, it has to appeal to more than just your personal tastes. It needs to be a property that appeals to a wider audience.
                            This thread is de facto about one member's personal taste.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I'd be all over Electra Woman and I actually did try to get an 8" Sleestak going, sadly it fell apart.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I'd be all over Electra Woman and I actually did try to get an 8" Sleestak going, sadly it fell apart.
                                EW & DG and Land of the Lost really do seem like they could have been classic Mego lines.

I'm not convinced their appeal is any more limited that REH, Dallas, or Evel Knievel.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎