Looks taller to me.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
      Is the FTC Penguin taller or is it just the pic?
      I stood my original next to the FTC one and the original is definitely shorter. Not by much but there is a definite difference.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for those comparison shots. That really makes the case for how close these figures are to the originals. But at the same time, there are enough subtle differences to distinguish one from the other. The Riddler and Joker are just about dead on. But the material used on the outfits are different from the originals. Otherwise I would have a hard time telling the difference at all. Very good work.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

thanks for the pics - they do look really nice and for those who've never been able to afford minty-megos, these will do quite nicely for a collection display.

I've not jumped - the bodies I got with my Wave 1 spooked me too much to drop $24.99 + Shipping on them.....make em $19.99 for a mass-produced item and then I can swap the body without so much buyers remorse.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

are those working buttons on the Dick Grayson figure?
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

How come no takes pictures of the back of the card so we can see it?
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ I think so, lilbrosj66 noted they were.

I'm curious to see the FTC Penguin sans costume.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by boss
                  are those working buttons on the Dick Grayson figure?
                  Yes they are. They came both buttoned I opend the bottom button on Grayson to make it look more like the original

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

The common trait with all the figures, are FTC seem to be "longer" at certain parts. For example, Batman's head has more of a length look compared to the original's width. Same with Robin and Riddler.

That would also account for Penguin's torso. It's the difference in manufacturing today and 40 years ago. Maybe the rubber.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i also received my two sets the other day .fantastic!!.I like bruce & dicks outfits ,Bruces head is smaller then dicks ,but the bruce head is slightly larger
                      then doc megos ,which makes it look better ,Penguin is great ,hes got the kiss shoulder idea,so you can move his arms like he has wings ,Catwomen looks
                      very good ,although they should have put tape around her hair (like mego did) to control it .the female body is not as good as mego but its the
                      best i have seen to date,poses very well .i think Figures toy company did a very nice job on these ,cant wait for series 3.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Astronut
                        Does the repro Catwoman have a tail like the original? Haven't seen it in any of the pics and haven't seen anyone address this yet...
                        Yes she does! It is routed behind one of her legs so you cant really see it when packaged inside the clamshell, but is there. These figures are all great reproduction of the originals!

Comment

• actjac01
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 17, 2009

I'm sold! Thanks for posting the picts!
                          "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Still can't get past Dick's/Robin's elongated head. Just doesn't look right.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 4, 2010

I dig Dick Grayson's threads.

But never cared for the original head sculpt of the Bruce Wayne Mego. FTC were very faithful to Mego's head -- which is clearly what they were trying to do and what their customers want. Getting a good Bruce Wayne sculpt is just difficult.

Comment

• Mar-Vell
                                • Jan 7, 2014

Does anyone know if these will show up at mass retail? Or will they only be available online and at comic shops? I'd love to visit a TRU to find these guys on the pegs!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎