Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pics 1966 tv batman, robin, joker, riddler!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I think those gloves are going to be popular customs items down the road.
    AMEN! I wonder if there are hands in there or if the gloves will be solid in the hand area and a stem to insert into the forearm?

The Batman and Riddler suits look ripe for pilling. Pilling was the word I was looking for earlier (thank JediJaida). I guess we could use fabric shavers on them

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Looking great and i cant wait to get these!

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

they're happening...they're really happening...i mean, can you really really believe this? Years later, and proving that wishes really do come true...and it's the Holidays...what more can i say? ~gasp~
        I didn't get to see the TV series when I was young. ...but I sure loved my 8" Megos...I could only relate to the series from my Batman-Catwoman Viewmaster stills....then the '66 movie was re-released during a summer 10-ish years later (was it summer of '77 I think?)....I was wide-eyed in that small home-town theater...I"ll never forget it...I saw it again a few years later at a public showing at our local university...then I started watching the '66 series in my early 20s when I got a satelite dish and the '89 movie resurged the TV re-runs....& right around then I found a '66 movie on VHS..man, I'll tell you, I got probably the deepest into my Megos in that era...a deep passion in my young adult brain...I even started sending away for after-market Megos through toy collecting catalogues...now here we all are, and 8" Batman TV Megos are really happening...I mean, they are really, truly~ happening~...it's just ~WOW~!
        Honest, I celebrate Christmas in my personal traditions...I'm up too late, & I'm looking at these pics again & again, and I think I really believe in Santa Clause right now...just WOW! ...I hope I can sleep tonight...
        Last edited by comicmike; Dec 18, '13, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

its the waiting thats sucks about all this ,i am in for two sets easy.Holy MEGO ! ,those look so cool .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Having looked at these repeatedly, I like them more and more. They are kind of like Mego's Flash Gordon 10" line...a step up from the usual offerings. A "deluxe" series if you will, with better costume detail, etc. But they still look Mego, which is VERY important to me. I'm getting the Hot Toys, but I don't want my chocolate in my peanut butter, ya know?

VERY psyched for these!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

My take:

Not happy with the Riddler at all, I don't think he looks like Frank Gorshin.

Batman: pretty nice but his head is to BIG.
              Robin: not bad...but the likeness is off.

The Joker: "dead on" perfect!

I see myself using them as Customs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the costumes!!! I plan to replace Batman's head with a 70's Neal Adams style sculpt.
              Robin, need to find a an Adams style head sculpt.
              The Joker, gonna put my Heath Ledger Resin head to use finally!

The Riddler...not going to buy at all(and he was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most)I don't think he looks like Frank Gorshin.
              sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                AMEN! I wonder if there are hands in there or if the gloves will be solid in the hand area and a stem to insert into the forearm?

The Batman and Riddler suits look ripe for pilling. Pilling was the word I was looking for earlier (thank JediJaida). I guess we could use fabric shavers on them
                They are solid with stems according to FTC. A neat option for sure.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  They are solid with stems according to FTC. A neat option for sure.
                  And necessary! Ever tried to get those glove over regular Mego hand? Great move on their part!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                    Defender of the Megoverse
                    • Dec 30, 2008

It is so great that finally these a being made after all of these year. However knowing FTC, we will see how the final product will look like. Being that these are the prototypes we still have to wait before we can really make a final judgment. To me the bodies look a bit skimpy. All of the head sculpts look really nice but not as good as the Joker.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

They need interchangeable hands.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                        It is so great that finally these a being made after all of these year. However knowing FTC, we will see how the final product will look like. Being that these are the prototypes we still have to wait before we can really make a final judgment. To me the bodies look a bit skimpy. All of the head sculpts look really nice but not as good as the Joker.
                        I think the bodies don't fill out the suits as well as they should. I did think that especially on Batman. I was even surprised when I saw the pic where a member had switched the bodies of the retro line over to Doc' bodies and the suits still looked loose.
                        I do find it amazing they increased the detail but still maintained the Mego look (to me).

Comment

• Wise4671
                          Banned
                          • Aug 11, 2007

I think these pictures are prototypes and the finished product is going to come out looking pretty tight.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

WOW! These look great! I would have gone for a full tooth grin on Riddler, (ala Frank Gorshin), but otherwise, cool! Y'know, I wasn't digging the lip paint at first, but then I thought, Action Jackson! They've got the same lip color as ole AJ! Very Mego-ey! I wonder if we'll get a show accurate Batcave too? Wouldn't that be great?
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

OMG! I love your reaction! The 60s series has always been the definitive Batman for me. And reruns of this show during the 70s, is why I think the original Mego line was so popular. But you sound like a little kid on Christmas Eve! I love it! This is what it's all about as an adult action figure collector. Yes, Virginia, (and Comic Mike) there is a Santa Claus!

Originally posted by comicmike
                              they're happening...they're really happening...i mean, can you really really believe this? Years later, and proving that wishes really do come true...and it's the Holidays...what more can i say? ~gasp~
                              I didn't get to see the TV series when I was young. ...but I sure loved my 8" Megos...I could only relate to the series from my Batman-Catwoman Viewmaster stills....then the '66 movie was re-released during a summer 10-ish years later (was it summer of '77 I think?)....I was wide-eyed in that small home-town theater...I"ll never forget it...I saw it again a few years later at a public showing at our local university...then I started watching the '66 series in my early 20s when I got a satelite dish and the '89 movie resurged the TV re-runs....& right around then I found a '66 movie on VHS..man, I'll tell you, I got probably the deepest into my Megos in that era...a deep passion in my young adult brain...I even started sending away for after-market Megos through toy collecting catalogues...now here we all are, and 8" Batman TV Megos are really happening...I mean, they are really, truly~ happening~...it's just ~WOW~!
                              Honest, I celebrate Christmas in my personal traditions...I'm up too late, & I'm looking at these pics again & again, and I think I really believe in Santa Clause right now...just WOW! ...I hope I can sleep tonight...
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Love these, but...I am disappointed in the Batman head sculpt a bit, moreso in Robin's and Riddler's, as well as Riddler's suit. Super excited to see these pics for Xmas but after those awesome Joker and Egghead head shots...these are a bit of a let down. I'm still in and excited to see more but there seems to be a disproportionate ratio here as to how modern these should look compared to how Megoey, a combo frankly I think EMCE and BBP have pulled off slightly more successfully.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎