Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pics 1966 tv batman, robin, joker, riddler!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It seems to me that the tooling for the '66 line could be a real boon for both customizers & FTC: Imagine these sculpted Bat-gloves molded in blue or black, or Robin's gaunlet's in a variety of colors. As Mego did, these items could be used on future figures or sold individually as CTVT usually does.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

T-Bolt, thanks for the link.
      If I could trust this link to be unedited, I would accept that I misread it originally.
      Gilligan's Island states both 8 and 12 scales, I remember it originally said 12 inch only.
      I also remember FTC announcing that they were adding the 8 inch scale to Gilligan's Island.
      Rereading the Batman 66, it states way too clearly 8 inch scale only. Is it possible this has been edited too?
      I just have this (flawed?) memory of it saying 8 and 12 inch scales would be available for Batman 66.

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

I hope the gloves on Batman are prototype because the color is wrong.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
          T-Bolt, thanks for the link.
          If I could trust this link to be unedited, I would accept that I misread it originally.
          Gilligan's Island states both 8 and 12 scales, I remember it originally said 12 inch only.
          I also remember FTC announcing that they were adding the 8 inch scale to Gilligan's Island.
          Rereading the Batman 66, it states way too clearly 8 inch scale only. Is it possible this has been edited too?
          I just have this (flawed?) memory of it saying 8 and 12 inch scales would be available for Batman 66.
          even if they edited it, at least it confirms that what we are seeing are 8 inch. Pretty sure they edited in the sculpting by the farrow guy, too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bleit1701
            Career Member
            • Jan 1, 2009

I like the Joker except he should have an old timey tuxedo jacket like the Phantom of the Opera. It looks more like a suit coat with tails.
            Better late than never.....

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              even if they edited it, at least it confirms that what we are seeing are 8 inch. Pretty sure they edited in the sculpting by the farrow guy, too.
              Should my confusion contributed here, I apologize. I have been under the misconception that there would be a larger 12 inch scale in this line.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                Should my confusion contributed here, I apologize. I have been under the misconception that there would be a larger 12 inch scale in this line.
                just sayin' you might be right, but they appear to have edited the press release. I bet they thought they could do 12 inch too. That scale is tied up by Hot Toys.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

^^^ Yes they did! They announced they were going to make 8" and 12" figures from the TV series. As a matter of fact, I thought that the gloves, belt & boots teaser were for the 12" figures (and so were the Egghead and Joker proto heads). Then people immediately brought the fact that Hot Toys had the 12" figures (no contest here of course). So I guess they later edited the original announcement and we didn't realize until now...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

Glad to hear they are only doing 8 inch. Wish it were true for all their licenses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

btw, any other locals in Tampa can pick them up in person, I asked.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Just pre-ordered series 1 along with Alfred, Speedy, Aqualad & Kid Flash. Woo Hoo!!
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Is series two going to mirror the WGSH series two? Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Dick?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Is series two going to mirror the WGSH series two? Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Dick?
                            That assortment would be awesome! Imagine Bruce & Richard sliding down the batpoles and coming out as the Batman & Robin from series 1 ??? We are going to need a Batcave!!! After all they made a Monster Castle!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                              That assortment would be awesome! Imagine Bruce & Richard sliding down the batpoles and coming out as the Batman & Robin from series 1 ??? We are going to need a Batcave!!! After all they made a Monster Castle!
                              Personally, I'd skip the secret ID figures and just get Penguin and Catwoman if that was wave 2. I'd much rather see Egghead and Tut.

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

oops... wrong thread.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎