Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^I wholeheartedly agree also. With regards to these fantastic reproductions people need to stop being so critical, and especially stop putting the original Megos on a pedestal. The vintage figures had TONS of flaws including goofy faces, baggy inaccurate costumes, bodies that broke...yet we all loved them because what was good about them FAR outweighed those flaws. That's why we're here.
    The same applies to these new figures. I love them, and I'm beyond thrilled they even exist. I'm still hoping FTC can somehow swing the Marvel license like DST has.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Astronut
      I guess I will never be able to relate to people who b*tch about the tiniest details of something when the fact is, they should be thankful these things even EXIST IN 2013 IN THE FIRST PLACE!
      In all fairness, proper white hands on a gloved character is not a "tiny detail"--particularly when FTC already has these hands available. I agree with Mego73--I'm sure the Penguin will feature proper hands.

(Fans complained about original Mego Capt. America's suit & hands; we're just as entitled to express concerns about a repro advertised as "exact.")

I stand squarely by all of my previous FTC posts. They've improved, and I generally like these figures for what they are and what they represent.

But there's still no denying they need to get their act together regarding PR & production.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 15, '13, 9:06 AM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

PNGwynne Approved...nuff said!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

lol--I doubt if my approval, other than in purchasing power, carries any weight. Maybe not even then--we'll all see.

I'd give these offerings about 80% on quality & design, compared to the 40% of earlier CTVT efforts, IMO.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rlkrefft
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 14, 2010

And I also will never understand how some of you just accept everything this company does laying down. If we don't complain about all the flaws they will never fix the flaws. If I owned a company I would want to know how people like my product so I can keep customers buying more. Would you rather people just stop buying them at all so the lines fail and they get canceled? I guess that's what some of you want. It is not a tiny detail when Penguin is shown in ALL artwork, posters and ads wearing white gloves and we are promised these will be exact replicas, then the final product he has regular hands that are ungloved. Not what we were promised when we paid for the figure, and not exact replicas. I never expected these to be exactly like Mego, fine differences like the way the outfit feels etc. is great, but to totally change a color of hands is a big deal. It's a whole body part we are talking here. It's like Batgirl coming out with blonde hair or Riddler having red gloved hands. Be fair and realistic here. We are paying for these figures, pretty good money too, and we don't deserve what we paid for because you think FTC are more important than the buying public? Would you not return something to Walmart or Target if it wasn't like the picture on the box when you got it home and opened it? Why are some of you protecting FTC and defending everything they do no matter what? I don't get it.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I've sent them emails aplenty when it comes to flaws in their product.

Female boots made of super brittle plastic that shatter when you put them on or take them off the doll.

Badly sewn clothing.

Super squishy heads with gloppy paint jobs.

Shoes that split.

Tights that are too baggy.

Bodysuits that just DON'T fit!

And they have yet to address any of those problems to my knowledge.

I understand that they have to get rid of old stock before they order new stock, but the least they could do is try to keep an eye on the quality of the merchandise. Like trying the bodysuits ON the figure before they decide to sell it, etc.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

So they are using the Wizard fat body. To be honest I always preferred it to the too fat, fat body.
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Zemo
                  Still Smokin'
                  • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                  And I also will never understand how some of you just accept everything this company does laying down. If we don't complain about all the flaws they will never fix the flaws. If I owned a company I would want to know how people like my product so I can keep customers buying more. Would you rather people just stop buying them at all so the lines fail and they get canceled? I guess that's what some of you want. It is not a tiny detail when Penguin is shown in ALL artwork, posters and ads wearing white gloves and we are promised these will be exact replicas, then the final product he has regular hands that are ungloved. Not what we were promised when we paid for the figure, and not exact replicas. I never expected these to be exactly like Mego, fine differences like the way the outfit feels etc. is great, but to totally change a color of hands is a big deal. It's a whole body part we are talking here. It's like Batgirl coming out with blonde hair or Riddler having red gloved hands. Be fair and realistic here. We are paying for these figures, pretty good money too, and we don't deserve what we paid for because you think FTC are more important than the buying public? Would you not return something to Walmart or Target if it wasn't like the picture on the box when you got it home and opened it? Why are some of you protecting FTC and defending everything they do no matter what? I don't get it.
                  "if I owned a company" Yes that is the question, isn't it.

Comment

• ubermanx
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by Zemo
                    "if I owned a company" Yes that is the question, isn't it.
                    Zemo, by that logic I can never be critical about a movie because I never made one? Can't comment on a meal in a restaurant until I open one? Can complain about my car unless I produce one myself?

My open message to FTC ...

Look FTC, I am beyond happy you took a chance on this license and released these figures. So much so that I bought two wholesale cases (that's 6 of each figure).

But could you fix the too tight elastics stretching and braking the arms in future releases?

Perhaps label photos of prototypes as such so we don't assume mistakes in the prototypes will make it into production.

And finally try not to use the term "exact replicas". Homage is a good term. Gives you a little leeway to use slightly darker colours or slimmer bodies.

Please have my two cases of Batman 66 Series 1 delivered to the same address as the case of Teen Titans Series 1 that I have on preorder. You have my credit card on file.

Thank you,

- Marty

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Astronut
                      My. God. A company starts reproducing the original line of World's Greatest Super-Heros from Mego - - - - - - - - - - - - - and people are B*TCHING about tiny details. Flesh-colored hands... white-colored hands... isn't it enough for you people that there is actually a company selling reproduction models of MEGO FIGURES IN 2013??? This is a glorious moment in time. We should be celebrating! What the F*CK????????????????

I guess I will never be able to relate to people who b*tch about the tiniest details of something when the fact is, they should be thankful these things even EXIST IN 2013 IN THE FIRST PLACE!
                      BwahaHAhahahaHAHAhahaHAHa! i LOVE re-reading this post! U & i are going for a drink Friday night! Happy hour starts mid-afternoon! Here here! no more Bah-Hum-Bugs already!! you are oh-so right: It's 2013 and here they are! heck, i opened up my Riddler today...couldn't wait to cut off that white peg hole tab! I snipped those wires & used my needle-nose plyers to gently pulled them (knots-&-all) through the plastic guide holes without tearing off the clear under-plastic from the card...and i found PERFECTLY printed green & black deets on a white suit...reminiscent of original Silk Screen suits...I don't care that the Riddler's original suit was all-green material: Now we have an official variation in the original 70s Mego style...so cool...so very very cool!!!! It's hard to contain all this happiness...I think I even smell that original 70s made-in-China rubber-&-plastic fresh chemical goodness inside that bubble...man oh man, soooo good. As ever, a huge thanks to FTC

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        With regards to these fantastic reproductions people need to stop being so critical, and especially stop putting the original Megos on a pedestal. The vintage figures had TONS of flaws including goofy faces, baggy inaccurate costumes, bodies that broke...yet we all loved them because what was good about them FAR outweighed those flaws. That's why we're here.
                        If we weren't buddies before this would have sealed the deal. Thank you.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Robin NY
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 13, 2008

I think despite the flaws this is a glorious moment in time for those of us who grew up with Megos, in the 90's I had dreams of walking into a store and buying carded Megos and I would smile when I awoke and thinki "If only...". The other day I walked into Forbidden Planet and there they were. For a brief moment I felt like I was back in the 70's looking up at the shelf with all the Megos. Since I am much taller now I was looking down at the shelf but had the same grin I had 30 something years ago when I saw them for the 1st time. Thanks guys for bringing my old pals back one more time

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I am expecting my CASE of Retro Batman Series 1 next week, but I saw all 4 figures in a comic shop this week and they blew me away! They are peerfect repros of the original Megos! It took me back 40 years when I was 2 in 1972 and got the 1st WGSH Megos! I am glad the style of the cards is like Mego and the same color card and logo for each figure! I cannot wait for my own! I have preordered a case each of Batman 1-3 and Teen Titans and will all future series and Batman TV! Looking foward to 2014 announcements! Thank you,FTC! Please get Marvel, too!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Amen and pass the biscuits. You know I'm always amazed that toy fans can be so hyper-critical and cynical. I thought toy collectors participated in this hobby b/c they wanted to let their inner child come out and play and remember what was good about being a kid. As kids, we didn't mind the flaws, we were just happy to play w/ the characters we knew from cartoons and comic books. Now I understand being upset about broken figures, 'cos let's face it, no one wants a defective toy. But nitpicking about the color of the clothes and hands, when after all these years we're FINALLY getting what we've been wishing for, for the past 40 years is ludicrous. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if they were exact replicas, you'd all be complaining about getting repros on Ebay. And to those who want to switch out the heads and things, you could always customize your own figure, and simply not buy these. I'm just really looking forward to having a Mego Christmas. If I could, I'd invite all you guys who like them to come over, and bring your Batcaves, Batmobiles, Bat Copters, Batcycles and Batsignals, spread our guys are over the lawn and choose up sides.

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              ^I wholeheartedly agree also. With regards to these fantastic reproductions people need to stop being so critical, and especially stop putting the original Megos on a pedestal. The vintage figures had TONS of flaws including goofy faces, baggy inaccurate costumes, bodies that broke...yet we all loved them because what was good about them FAR outweighed those flaws. That's why we're here.
                              The same applies to these new figures. I love them, and I'm beyond thrilled they even exist. I'm still hoping FTC can somehow swing the Marvel license like DST has.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Amen to all of the above! Thank you Figures Toys Company for the new Megos and forgive the haters...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎