Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

Same ole criticisms, and when the line go poof, people are like, what happened. lol

Comment

• Zemo
      Still Smokin'
      • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by bobws
      I hope at some point they make a Catwoman that looks like the TV show or Green dresslike the comic, because that one still looks stupid.
      Why don't you produce one?

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

That Penguin has a certain charm to him. Do wish it had white hands though. It may have been a mix up at the factory.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Here's a close up of the Wayne head. A little different from the repros that have been out there. Eye brows painted better.

The suit looks a little tight, but these suits will NEVER be perfect on 8 inch scale.

I think Bruce turned out fairly descent.

Robin has different paint apps on the eye brows as well. These are also better than the repros that have been out there.

I have zero issues with Catwoman. That is a really descent copy on the head.

The outfit appears a bit loose, but honestly this is a really good reproduction. Really good effort.

The only rough one in the bunch is Penguin and that's only because his body doesn't translate as well as the original. His head is perfect. Plus they overlooked the gloves. I thought series two might be a pass for me. Now I'm thinking I'll probably get these too. They're close enough, I think their worth getting. Good job FTC! Now what I'm REALLY waiting for is the COWL in Series 3. If they can nail the cowl perfectly, they have made a big fan out of me. Personally I've never cared for the repro ones out there. The opening for the face has always been too wide and the brow sculpt looked off. I have five of the originals, so I know what a good original cowl looks like. That is what I'm really jazzed to see. They're on a good roll. This is making me even more excited for the '66 series.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MIB41; Dec 14, '13, 7:01 PM.

Comment

• rlkrefft
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 14, 2010

I think its because the suits on these figures are more baggy which makes Penguin seem thinner. I'm more upset about the hands not having the white gloves. I mean come on why aren't FTC watching what these overseas companies are making for them? They should have them do them right. That's what they are being paid for. BTW, is it easy on these bodies to switch out hands? I would buy an extra Joker if I knew I could just swap the hands and put them on Penguin. As for Catwoman, her suit is pretty baggy too. It amazes me Mego got these things right 40 years ago, but Mattel and FTC just couldn't.

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
              Here's a close up of the Wayne head. A little different from the repros that have been out there. Eye brows painted better.

The suit looks a little tight, but these suits will NEVER be perfect on 8 inch scale.

I think Bruce turned out fairly descent.

Robin has different paint apps on the eye brows as well. These are also better than the repros that have been out there.

I have zero issues with Catwoman. That is a really descent copy on the head.

The outfit appears a bit loose, but honestly this is a really good reproduction. Really good effort.

The only rough one in the bunch is Penguin and that's only because his body doesn't translate as well as the original. His head is perfect. Plus they overlooked the gloves. I thought series two might be a pass for me. Now I'm thinking I'll probably get these too. They're close enough, I think their worth getting. Good job FTC! Now what I'm REALLY waiting for is the COWL in Series 3. If they can nail the cowl perfectly, they have made a big fan out of me. Personally I've never cared for the repro ones out there. The opening for the face has always been too wide and the brow sculpt looked off. I have five of the originals, so I know what a good original cowl looks like. That is what I'm really jazzed to see. They're on a good roll. This is making me even more excited for the '66 series.
              Beau-ti-ful!

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                I think its because the suits on these figures are more baggy which makes Penguin seem thinner. I'm more upset about the hands not having the white gloves. I mean come on why aren't FTC watching what these overseas companies are making for them? They should have them do them right. That's what they are being paid for. BTW, is it easy on these bodies to switch out hands? I would buy an extra Joker if I knew I could just swap the hands and put them on Penguin. As for Catwoman, her suit is pretty baggy too. It amazes me Mego got these things right 40 years ago, but Mattel and FTC just couldn't.
                You'd buy an extra joker for the Hands? CTVT/FTC makes white hands for 3.00 dollars plus 20.00 shipping...wait

Comment

• RickD
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 31, 2011

With every new pictures that FTC releases, the criticisms continues.

Focusing on the positives instead of the negatives goes along way people

If not, go make your own or invest in a nice vintage piece.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

I love the original Mego figures, but let's be honest, if released today for the first time they would be just as criticized. We'd complain about Batman's friendly face and Captain America's goofy sculpt, lack of gloves and no white sleeves. These look good, it may be impossible to match exactly what Mego did and still comply with modern safety standards, materials and company style guides. I would say that the most valid complaints have to do with the body defects, which are disappointing if as common as it seems.

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I'm relaxing about the Penguin: He's an "Updated Photo", not an actual finished product with the white FTC tag in the peg hole. I too know how picky I can be in my day to day life, but all in all, I'm *SO* happy to see the pics...I'm ~still~ on extended Christmas morning mode, & here it's only the 14th...I'm ~still~ giddy over these figures...

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

You guys, I am pretty sure the production ones will have white hands.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I don't get the complaints. If these were exactly like the originals,wow imagine how much anger there would be. There'd be such an uproar over how people would be trying to pass these off as Megos and trying to make a buck off of them and so on. I guess it's true. You can't please everyone.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Bruce and Dick look fantastic.

Catwoman looks odd, but she always did.

Penguin looks a bit off, but I like the body. I think he just needs shorter legs.

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

My. God. A company starts reproducing the original line of World's Greatest Super-Heros from Mego - - - - - - - - - - - - - and people are B*TCHING about tiny details. Flesh-colored hands... white-colored hands... isn't it enough for you people that there is actually a company selling reproduction models of MEGO FIGURES IN 2013??? This is a glorious moment in time. We should be celebrating! What the F*CK????????????????

I guess I will never be able to relate to people who b*tch about the tiniest details of something when the fact is, they should be thankful these things even EXIST IN 2013 IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Comment

• silentj76
                                • Aug 25, 2009

Well said, I think it is really awesome that FTC is taking the time to do these in this day and time. I bought batman and robin for myself for Christmas, and I have yet to take them out of the shipping box. I will open them Christmas day and I can't wait. I received my first two megos on Christmas day of 1979 which were batman and robin. I would have never thought that 34 years later I would get to enjoy them again. That being said if they have problems with the bodies, no big deal because they can easily be fixed. Great post Astronut, very well said.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎