Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Ive never bought any FTC figures, just because of all the horror storys people have written. Its just left a bad taste in my mouth concerning this company, that I almost cant bring myself to buy from them. These figures still look strange to me, and just seem a bit off. Ill see how Alfred turns out.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Jayraytee,

Is spreading the Alter Ego releases out even an issue at this point? Bruce and Dick are out. It's happened.
      Unless they decide to do Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, etc. the only one left is Clark Kent, who will most likely come in the same wave as Superman, so again, your point is moot. I'm also willing to bet that by the time wave three is ready to hit, we'll know who's in wave four and possibly more.

Comment

• Wise4671
        Banned
        • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by jayraytee
        I fully support it as well, and don't believe a critique is the same as b**ching and moaning. My comment is really about hoping for the lines success and hoping they don't make bad choices about figure assortments... IF wave 2 is not being carried by retailers in general. If they need the retailers to carry the lines for their success, they might want to pepper the alter egos out a little bit and give the retailers a few more heavy hitters. Retailers might also not reorder Batman and Robin again this soon, even with the removable masks.

They might be in a position where they need to make retailers happy and collectors happy, both, when they might want two different things. Collectors have always focused on the original Mego Alter Ego figures and the removable mask figures... but retailers might not care about those and want Superman, Green Lanturn and Flash. We are just saying don't put all the eggs in one basket.

My post is not in any way directed at any one person. There are a lot of neg. posts that I have read from different people. The thing is this company is doing what we have been wanting for years. They bought the license and could have done it any way they wished but they kept it true to Mego I don't want to see updated versions of megos that were done it was already attempted and failed a few times actually. They are reissuing them the way they were done and going beyond that by adding new figures that have never been done before. I'm sorry if you felt I was talking about you but like Mama use to say if you feel guilty then you probably are :-)

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Actually not guilty of anything other than speculating about the reasons behind why as someone else pointed out retailers are skipping wave 2. A lot of people seem to have a real defensive knee jerk reaction to some of these discussions as if they are complaints. I don't see them as complaints, but a realistic objective discussion of both the good points and the bad points. The good decisions and the bad ones. The problems and where they have done things right. None of these companies or figures are without their issues and as long as people are just discussing them in a civil manner and not in a hugely pessimistic way, I don't see any issue with it.

If someone points out an issue with the bodies, or how the belt on batman rides up... those are real issues, not complaints, if we discuss them there might be solutions that come out of the discussions. Even someone from Figures Toy company might get some useful information from some of this on how to improve if they happen to read any of this. If they don't that's fine too, someone else might come up with a way to alter or fix something along the lines of some of the fixes people came up with for the floppy Mattel retro Action figures.

Its all good. You shouldn't be afraid of these discussions.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

I think its because no one wants what happened to the retro actions to happen again.

Those new rubberband-less bodies are an example of a solution that will benefit everyone. I really hope those catch on.

Comment

• Wise4671
              Banned
              • Aug 11, 2007

Not afraid of any discussion about these I know there are good parts and bad parts its growing pains Those points do not bother me. But the whole lets alter the oven mitts. I think they need to improve head sculpts. I don't like the color of this or that. and the I would do.... comments kill me If you would have done something different that's great go buy the license and do it up. I for one think they are doing alright as far as the alter egos go sure they were done by Mego but the one thing that Mego did not do is put them on card so to me its something new. Oh and if you don't feel guilty then I was more then likely not even talking about you :-)

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

I insist, those whining about these figures its really because they can't have them and are justifying themselves...

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

I'm not seeing anywhere near the amount of whining/complaining as I did back in '09.
                  Sure there is always someone telling us again and over again how we as 'the privileged customer' deserve better than this.
                  As a barber of three decades, I want to know why I can't buy a decent new barber chair? Why should I have to spend so much money and time finding an Old chair and having it restored? Answer: manufacturers see no profit in products that last hundreds of years. Today's barber chairs are so bad, they won't last but a couple/few years at best.
                  I have far more respect for companies that are trying to make a better product, than those who are trying to make them worse.

Comment

• Wise4671
                    Banned
                    • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                    I'm not seeing anywhere near the amount of whining/complaining as I did back in '09.
                    Sure there is always someone telling us again and over again how we as 'the privileged customer' deserve better than this.
                    As a barber of three decades, I want to know why I can't buy a decent new barber chair? Why should I have to spend so much money and time finding an Old chair and having it restored? Answer: manufacturers see no profit in products that last hundreds of years. Today's barber chairs are so bad, they won't last but a couple/few years at best.
                    I have far more respect for companies that are trying to make a better product, than those who are trying to make them worse.
                    I see what you just did there the old Chewbacca defense but you used a barber chair very well played :-)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                      I insist, those whining about these figures its really because they can't have them and are justifying themselves...
                      That's probably not the case.

Customers have every right to express their opinions & ideas about a product they care about--particularly since this is a forum & FTC is not overtly interactive.

And those customers really have a right to complain--yes complain--about shoddy manufacturing, with FTC or anyone else.

Regarding dissatisfaction with details of the figures, I think they're pretty good, and good enough for me--& I'm picky!

But, if you don't like them--don't buy them, that's your "voting" power as a consumer.

And please, allow people to make that choice--why browbeat them here?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                        I really don't want them, I'm holding out for the 66 line. Glad they are getting made and doing well. They might get me on RC Bats, tho.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I really don't want them, I'm holding out for the 66 line. Glad they are getting made and doing well. They might get me on RC Bats, tho.
                          Look into my eye...you want to try 1/9th scale...come over to the dark side of the force, we have cookies.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Cookies?! I ain't about to go to the dark side for a bunch of cookies!

Brownies,maybe. But not cookies!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                              Look into my eye...you want to try 1/9th scale...come over to the dark side of the force, we have cookies.
                              I collect Mego size and have most of the DC ones anyway, that is why I don't want them. I also have all the EMCE Monsters and the new Trek figures, Mattel's DC figures, and am now saving my Mego money for West and Ward.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                                One eyed, wonder
                                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                I collect Mego size and have most of the DC ones anyway, that is why I don't want them. I also have all the EMCE Monsters and the new Trek figures, Mattel's DC figures, and am now saving my Mego money for West and Ward.
                                My bad. By '1/9th scale', I meant customizing. By 'dark side of the force', I meant evil. By 'cookies', I meant Heisenberg Blue.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎