X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by rlkrefft
    though i didn't get mine yet, a friend of mine got his series 2 today, and penguin has the white hands also catwoman's outfit appears to be tighter as well. Maybe we will get ours monday?
    Great news!!! Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Are the emblems cracking and peeling off like the Retro-Action figures? I certainly hope not.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Got series 1 for the kids for christmas (pic on FTC's facebook page) and all 4 were perfect.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

White Penguin hands & improved tailoring? Excellent news!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Relic
            Banned
            • Jun 24, 2012

I just got the 4 figures from wave 1 and am happy with the overall look of them. Only thing I would change would be the backer card. While the art work is very nice, it just doesn't feel like the 1970's to me. Maybe the art work was done this way to distinguish new from old? I look forward to wave 2. Hopefully these figures get enough intrest to expand the waves down the road. Would love to see figures that were not part of the original WGSH line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The card art is a bit off-putting IMO, esp. Joker & Catwoman. Had FTC been able to use DC style-guide art like Mattel did, these would be raised yet another notch.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I wish FTC could use the original Mego card art. At least the card color for each character is the same as Mego and the logos above the bubbles almost. Anxious to see future art!

Comment

• weshightower21
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 16, 2011

I got a batman and joker and so far joker IMO is by far the best of the bunch. I will purchase more but i dont care for batmans oven mitts, something just seems off and the black shorts on batmans suit is to long. Like i said i will support the line but i am alittle dissapointed in their batman but luckily i still have a boxed & loose mego bats so its all good. oh yeah the bodies are extremely tight especially the legs. These are my first ctvt figures and i must say they just seem very fragile and thin.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    I wish FTC could use the original Mego card art. At least the card color for each character is the same as Mego and the logos above the bubbles almost. Anxious to see future art!
                    I agree or at least stock DC 1970s art of some type. FTC isnt known for having the best graphics on their packaging, lol.

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Bought Wave 1 for my son to play with, he opened them on Christmas morning. Within 5 minutes he had Robin's tunic off and Batman's cape, mitts, and boots were strewn about the floor. Like father, like son!

Anyways....they've held up just fine and although it was cool for me to give them to him so he could have ones like daddy, this wave isn't really providing any nostalgia or 'wow' factor for me. I'll buy more waves - hopefully the future ones will be ones I want to display. These ones just didn't grab me.

-Chris

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I got the first four for Christmas. Here are my two cents.

For me, it's all about materials when it comes to tactile enjoyment of Megos. There are some real hits and misses all around.

Batman's dark blues - it's too bad they couldn't match the original color, but boy they do look sharp. The silk screened emblem is terrific. 5 year old Me loves the way his blue boots shine. Spiffy! The oven mitt material, while different, seems tighter, stretchier, and clingier. So while not faithful, they are an improvement because they stay put.

Robin's elongated head is a bit of a bummer. He looks less youthful with the stretched face. His tunic and cape are fantastic! But I hate his boots. I always loved the rubbery boots vintage Robin had. They somehow helped him stand firm. The hard plastic boots rattle and slip.

Joker is an a around home run. I don't see how they could've done any better.

Riddler is solid, but his face sculpt and paint make the lopsided smirk more exaggerated than I remember. Riddler's suit, like Batman's, is a shinier, more synthetic feeling material than vintage. I like the vintage fabric better, as it seemed to stretch and cling better.

The bodies... Well, I'm happy to say, mine all stand just fine. I like the stiffness at the elbows and knees. But they are a bit tight at the shoulders and hips. I tried to raise. Batman's arms and his shoulder popped out of the socket. Not a dealbreaker. I guess I'm sort of accustomed to handling Megos gingerly, so I really haven't bashed these around.

So while there is room for improvement, the total is greater than the sum of the parts. So great to reunite with old friends. I'll be buying more for sure.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I got a CASE of Retro Batman Series 1 for Christmas! I hung a set on my bedroom wall for display, opened a set, and saved the 3rd set for investment!

Bottom line: I LOVE THESE!

I am 43 and had most of the Mego 8" WGSH 40 years ago and these bring back FOND MEMORIES! I tried to start collecting WGSH again in 1989 when I was in college but it proved too expensive. I collected Mattel DC Retro Action but I wanted EXACT REPLICAS of Mego WGSH like EMCE Star Trek Megos! That is why FTC DC Megos are a DREAM COME TRUE!

I like Batman's darker blue! Silk screened emblems (why did Mego ever use STICKER?!) Robin, Riddler, and Joker are perfect, too!

Packaging- Capture style of Mego cards, same color for each character and almost same logos above bubble! Do not like plastic tray and twist ties, I will know to use wire cutters in future not to ruin cards!

FTC DC Megos is my new favorite line! Have already ordered a case each of series 2 and 3 and Teen Titans, will do for all future series and Batman TV! Thank you, FTC for bringing back Mego WGSH! Now just get Marvel, too!

Comment

• Astronut
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                            I got a CASE of Retro Batman Series 1 for Christmas! I hung a set on my bedroom wall for display, opened a set, and saved the 3rd set for investment ... Have already ordered a case each of series 2 and 3 and Teen Titans, will do for all future series and Batman TV!
                            You're not married, are you?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

Recently purchased, Batman, Joker, and Riddler.
                              The good news is that the quality of the parts are very nice.
                              The bad news is the new bodies inherited the flaws of their new design and more. New torso/waist plug fits deep in to pelvic/waist hole, reducing waist articulation to a loose swivel. While the new rubber bands are stretchier than the old ones, they are shorter, so they end up too tight again. Shoulder mounts are pulling out of shape and in some cases pulling through completely. Even those that have yet to pull through, are now in a V-shape inside the torso. Causing the shoulder articulation to freeze up. (Basic physics, explains why this is so.)

While the parts of the body are better made, the design flaws and damage caused by the stringing process have me disappointed. In the end, I used restrung India production bodies to replace these new ones.

My concerns for the quality of the new FTC 'female' and 'teen' body designs, has greatly increased.

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

My local comic shop had a Robin with a broken arm (the old strung too tight problem). He sold it to me at his cost and I fixed him up and recarded him (looks perfect). He said he also had a Batman with a busted arm that he'd sell the same way. Looks like I might get these on the cheap after all. Yay!
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎