Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Okay, maybe because I have not bought any of the truly horrible FTC releases my standards might be a bit higher then everyone else here.

I have openned three of my figures and I am beyond unimpressed given the price of these figures over BBP and EMCE releases.

Batman has one glove with a split seam. Joker has a partially ripped neck plug and all three are strung so tight that all have stretched and deformed arms where the clips attach. Both Batman and Riddler have one arm each pulled into the torso.

Sorry but again, at this price point I shouldn't have to restring or swap bodies.

I have ordered some parts here or there from FTC and those white bodies from the free killer clowns are amazing compared to the Batman bodies. Not as nice as Doc Megos but all the white ones I have are straight, intact, can hold a pose, etc.

I for one am disappointed.

- Marty

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I hear ya. I just bought a Joanie figure, and she was pretty much crap.

Squishy head; body with flashing and cracks; shoes too small for the feet, and a truly horrible sewing job done on the skirt.

I only got it for the outfit anyway, so I don't feel any guilt about chucking it.

Oh, and their cheerleader socks have no stretch to them, and are saggy baggy things that fit nice at the opening, but don't really mold to the leg.

If the 66 Batman figs turn out to be the same kind of crap, I will simply chuck the bodies, keep the accessories and heads, and put them on OTHER bodies!

But you are right about how he shouldn't have to.
      JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Toronto: Choosing the best one of each from a retail store!

re:Canada:

I found all four in Toronto at Silver Snail on Yonge Street (North of Dundas): O Wow, O Wow!

I LOVE them all: Every one!

I can not believe how great they all look: Seeing them in person is the best thing ever....
        it's Christmas morning all over again, like when I was a kid....

Thanks Figures Toy Company!!!

I am so thankful to make it into these adult years and still have these moments whenI feel like a youngster again...

I spent the whole day ~GIDDY~ at work today....

Comment

• Wise4671
          Banned
          • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by comicmike
          re:Canada:

I found all four in Toronto at Silver Snail on Yonge Street (North of Dundas): O Wow, O Wow!

I LOVE them all: Every one!

I can not believe how great they all look: Seeing them in person is the best thing ever....
          it's Christmas morning all over again, like when I was a kid....

Thanks Figures Toy Company!!!

I am so thankful to make it into these adult years and still have these moments whenI feel like a youngster again...

I spent the whole day ~GIDDY~ at work today....

Your post put a smile on my face :-) Thank You for sharing with us :-)

Comment

• Wasimhosen
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 23, 2011

Finally got mine from the lcbs. I haven't been on in a while and am kind of dismayed at some of the reviews here. Hopefully mine are in good shape. I'll be opening them soon.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

Just picked up two sets at my local comic book store and I am extremely happy. They are in perfect condition, no flaws. They move and stand perfectly. I feel GIDDY, like the post above me. This is great!!!!!!

Comment

• Astronut
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 21, 2010

Some people will never be happy. No matter what they get.

The griping is really sad. Some people are just thankless, joyless. You could give them a check for $10,000 and as soon as you leave the room they'd complain that the check looks ugly or has stupid cats on it or whatever. They can't just be happy with what is handed to them. They can't live in the moment.

Judging by the photos and early reviews I'm sure they're pretty awesome.
                Last edited by Astronut; Dec 11, '13, 7:10 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

And some people will always be satisfied to dangle a carrot in front of a horse. The horse will pursue it, hoping for more.

I suppose the question is, how hungry must a horse be to eat a rotten carrot?

And, do collectors have horse-sense?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 23, 2011

Just opened them and they were great except for Batmans left arm is not attached to his torso at all. I can't see the rubber band to hook it onto. Would I be better off taking the whole body apart and trying to put it back together?

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by Astronut
                      Some people will never be happy. No matter what they get.
                      I my particular case I am happy lots. The Bif Bang Pow figures have been great. The Universal Monsters are amazing. Love my Presidential Monsters. And don't even get me started on how awesome Brick Mantooth is ...

But the bodies on these Batman figures are not the best FTC has produced. And the Batman series are more expensive than the Universal Monsters with poorer quality. Why should I be happy about paying more for less? Just cause its Batman?

Pop the costumes of your Batman and look at the arm where the clip connects. There is no way that is gonna last. Mego Museum 2023 posters are gonna be talking about all the MOC Batmen with broken arms just like we talk about busted leg Hulks.

Sorry but except for early FTC remegos and the Mattel ones ALL other remegos I have seen are better built including FTC's own mad clown series.

- Marty

EDIT: And to be fair I love my Zica Buck Rogers and Cast-a-way Captain Action. Both also superior build quality over the Retro Batmen.
                      Last edited by ubermanx; Dec 11, '13, 8:13 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 23, 2011

I just looked at mine closely and the hole for the hook is torn right through. There won't be any fix for this arm. These are at a premium price and should have much better quality control.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 23, 2011

I just sent them an email but had to send 3 because of the limited space they allow.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 23, 2011

They've already contacted me and offered to ship a new body. Theie customer service is great in my opinion. It's early in the line, I'm sure they'll work everything out and we'll all be happy.

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
                              They've already contacted me and offered to ship a new body. Theie customer service is great in my opinion. It's early in the line, I'm sure they'll work everything out and we'll all be happy.
                              Same offer to me that I basically had to pull out of them....
                              I really don't think I should work to fix the figure...they could have just dropped another one in the mail.
                              That's part of doing business in my opinion.

Someone I respect did help direct some of my disappoint in FTC's recent bait and switch tactics and their continued poor quality....he said, let's take the good with the bad. I get that, I really do...we are getting near exact replicas of what we grew up with for a little more than an Andrew Jackson per figure. For some that's a couple hours of work, for some a. Few minutes...I value my Andrew Jackson's quite a bit because it's hard earning them and with the events of late, I will have to be selective how I spend em.

They could have blown me away with their customer service, and they didn't...so that needs fixed still.

After re-stringing my four batman figures, I can now enjoy them.

Comment

• ubermanx
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 3, 2013

Case in point ...

IMG_20131211_222043-1.jpg

Don't think this kinda thing is worth more than the Universal Monsters. Especially if you factor in the cost if a new body.

I have popped all my heads and coloured hands on the FTC white bodies I have lying around and all is good.

But I am still expecting a tonne of folks with busted arms shortly.

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎