Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

So, when is wave 1 going to start shipping to peoples door? Ive been waiting and waiting and no ones gotten one yet for a review....

Comment

• Uni
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 7, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
      People seem to confuse a genuinely bad product with a product that doesn't meet their personal expectations.
      While this fact may be true, it's dismissive to those of us who are complaining about the figures and it's not relevant to the argument. This is not about a personal expectation, it's about what was promised by FTC.

Something I don't understand is why, when someone complains about something that might even be a big deal for many of us, IMMEDIATELY there are SO many posts effectively saying, "That's not a big deal, they're pretty close," or that we're haters, or that the line's going to disappear because some of us are disappointed. "YOU HATE PUPPIES!" No, no one hates puppies.

If you're happy with them, you're happy with them, fine. But that doesn't make those of us who are disappointed feel any better or any more understood. All the "disappointed" were lumped together in several responses reasoning that we're not going to buy them - I think a couple of people said they wouldn't, but as MegoScott pointed out, a few hardcore Mego fans not buying won't make or break FTC.

Please, if you don't agree, don't agree, but don't belittle the complainers. We're not wrong, we're bummed and our concerns are just as legitimate as yours.

I suppose I'm arguing for an internet forum to stick to cogent, valid points and be respectful. Yes, I know better.
      Last edited by Uni; Sep 30, '13, 1:34 PM.

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

To quote Emily Nussbaum's famous review of the Lost finale, "A disappointed fan is still a fan."

I'm appalled by so-called nerd rage as much as anyone, and we've certainly had some outrageous over-the-top negative reactions in the last few ReMego years here. But whenever I hear people say "lighten up, they're just toys" I think "Right...and we are a toy discussion forum...this is what we are here for!"

We've been obsessing over little details for decades, that's what we do. You could argue that it's that level of myopic nerd obsession and never-ending discussion that made these figures possible in the first place.

If you are bothered by the texture of vinyl oven-mitt gloves or disturbed by vinyl head distortion you'd better whine about it here, because it's pretty much the only place on Earth where people will know or care what you are talking about.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by MegoScott
          If you are bothered by the texture of vinyl oven-mitt gloves or disturbed by vinyl head distortion you'd better whine about it here, because it's pretty much the only place on Earth where people will know or care what you are talking about.
          T-Shirt #2!
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

I'm getting the Riddler from this set because I already have Mego's of the others. I'm interested in the Alter Egos and Removable mask variants. It's an exciting time to be in this hobby.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Uni
              While this fact may be true, it's dismissive to those of us who are complaining about the figures and it's not relevant to the argument. This is not about a personal expectation, it's about what was promised by FTC.

Something I don't understand is why, when someone complains about something that might even be a big deal for many of us, IMMEDIATELY there are SO many posts effectively saying, "That's not a big deal, they're pretty close," or that we're haters, or that the line's going to disappear because some of us are disappointed. "YOU HATE PUPPIES!" No, no one hates puppies.

If you're happy with them, you're happy with them, fine. But that doesn't make those of us who are disappointed feel any better or any more understood. All the "disappointed" were lumped together in several responses reasoning that we're not going to buy them - I think a couple of people said they wouldn't, but as MegoScott pointed out, a few hardcore Mego fans not buying won't make or break FTC.

Please, if you don't agree, don't agree, but don't belittle the complainers. We're not wrong, we're bummed and our concerns are just as legitimate as yours.

I sympathize and and agree. I got the same treatment when the MATTEL Heroes line came out. I was also called a "Hater" because I didn't like a lot of the sculpts and thought they were poorly done(don't get me started on the bodies). But I do own...and think some of them came out pretty decent(Sinestro, Twoface, Manhunter, etc...).
              Last edited by The Bat; Sep 30, '13, 5:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
              sigpic

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

If people can't show disatisfaction in products they support and pay for,then businesses will have no reason to change or improve their product in the future

Comment

• Wtrailer
                  • Feb 11, 2012

What exactly is wrong with them? From the most recent pic I'm having a hard time discerning the inaccuracies. They look pretty cool to me. I love the idea of having replicas of these old toys. I wish Hasbro would make replicas of the original Star Wars figures. I would be all over those like a bum on a bologna sandwich.

WT

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

Replicas of the original Star Wars figures are way overdue.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Wtrailer
                      What exactly is wrong with them? From the most recent pic I'm having a hard time discerning the inaccuracies.
                      If you grew up with them, and were anticipating a more close look, they are easily spotted.
                      I love the idea of having replicas of these old toys.
                      I love the "idea" too. It's what I'm seeing in the pics that I'm not too thrilled about.
                      I wish Hasbro would make replicas of the original Star Wars figures. I would be all over those like a bum on a bologna sandwich.
                      I actually *was*... when it happened with the 4 pack of Han, Luke, Vader and Chewie back in 1997... I never picked up the more recent Fett replica (which had a firing rocket instead of the stationary one).

THOSE SW figures are solid examples of nice replicas that even a really picky collector couldn't discern from a picture. As were the vintage He-Man/MOTU reissues a few years back.

If ONLY these newer WGSH based figs looked as "alike" as what Hasbro and Mattel did, then I wouldn't've been saying these things, and I'm thinking that neither would others.

Funny that you reminded me of yet ANOTHER reason my expectations were higher with these new figures from Figures Inc.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Uni

I suppose I'm arguing for an internet forum to stick to cogent, valid points and be respectful. Yes, I know better.
                        Noun 1. complainer - a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Perhaps what will be required in the future is two threads: one for people that like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that don't and one for people that don't like the figures and don't want to read posts from people that do. HAHA!
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Wtrailer
                            • Feb 11, 2012

Actually, the replicas of the four original Star Wars figures had some distinct differences, especially the Luke. I still thought they were cool though. The Fett with the rocket-firing mechanism is taller than its vintage counterpart. I did grow up with the Megos albeit I was quite young and I have an original Batman and Robin in my collection now. The only difference I can see is maybe the colors. The blue looks darker on the new Batman.

You all rock! I love your attitude towards replica vintage toys. Some of the Star Wars forums I visit can get real testy when you mention vintage Star Wars replicas.

WT

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Actually, the replicas of the four original Star Wars figures had some distinct differences, especially the Luke.
                              Not that irked me from pictures... NOR from even being in my own hand. Obviously I couldn't tell the Fett was taller from a picture. As far as you being happy with all these toys... that's cool...in fact, I envy you. I was cool, however, with the Star Wars replicas & He-Man replicas though, just to be clear.

And replicas in general? Bring 'em on. Let the market crash... and all of us have our toys for CHEAP.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megodarryl
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 31, 2006

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                Well said! I'm already looking forward to series seven...Hawkman, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, and the Atom.
                                Oh yeah, and the Marvel license...
                                I agree with Hardy Girl and enyawd 72-I like what I've seen so far, and will support this line. I'm planning to use their darker blue boots, the 1966 utility belt, and the Mattel Retro Action suit and hands to get my Batman just the way I want him.

And Paul, thanks again for Mattel's Retro Action!! Just having access to those factory made suits, heads, and weapons was more than worth the retail price; I could never have gotten a custom Capt. Cold, with his gun, for only $25.00 .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎