Figures Toy Co. announces new licenses!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZebMayonaise
    • Nov 6, 2012

holy smokes! I have had a lot of bad things to say about Figures Toy Company here due their shotty quality control on their Kiss figures but these figures all look awesome! Anyone hear if they have adressed their quality control issues on their products (specifically: ill fitting constumes and horrible bodies that require immediate replacement)?

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

^ I hope so.

In their prototype section they have "new and improved retro bodies". We shall see in the near future...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I just listened to the latest "Geek Shall Inherit" podcast over at AFI, and it was somewhat sobering. Jason Lenzi of Biff-Bang-Pow was just as floored as we were by these announcements, and hinted that his company had investigated the possibility of acquiring some of these licenses, particularly Batman 66. It seems this announcement has sent a shockwave through EVERYONE connected to the 8" Mego-like hobby, from all manufacturers to us fans/collectors.

I'm really excited by the possibilities of these lines, and what we've seen so far, but the spectre of the old CTVT still hangs over all of this. I really hope they step up and put out some truly amazing figures, and not just great headsculpts and accessories, but bodies and clothing as well. Right now, it's looking very promising. I hope that promise is fulfilled.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I listened to the podcast too, and i gotta say, I for one am rooting for the underdog (Figures Toy Co).

I could care less what happened behind the scenes for Figures Toy Co to get the license. All I care about is the quality of the end product. Every thing they've shown indicates they've stepped up their game, and have an awareness of quality concerns. It matters not that they've been "quiet" for the last few years. Sure, it would be great if they had a Rep here on this forum, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that they're set to produce the blockbuster Re-mego of all time, and everything previewed has proven attention to detail.

I'm voting with my dollars, and we all should if we want more.
          Last edited by Hedji; Apr 27, '13, 9:05 PM.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

I agree.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Mod Style
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 1, 2009

I don't blame Figures Toy Co for not posting on these forums. It would really hurt to have people call your product " trash,junk...etc". I remember when people called buying Retro Action "drinking the KoolAid", or "following the other sheep over the cliff".These are toys we are talking about.This is supposed to be fun.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Well, I agree with you to a point, but let's face it, they did put out some junk. They had some good licenses, and the headsculpts were nice (especially the Munsters) but the bodies were really crappy, for the most part. Some members take such things too far and personal, but Figures would be wise to listen to their customer base, and a good chunk of them hangs out here.

Being a "faceless" company doesn't help their rep either. Biff-Bang-Pow, EMCE, Cast-A-Way, and Zica are well represented here, and Figures is not. It makes them the faceless "outsider" company, and honestly it makes it easier for inclined folks to beat up on them.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mod Style
                  I don't blame Figures Toy Co for not posting on these forums. It would really hurt to have people call your product " trash,junk...etc". I remember when people called buying Retro Action "drinking the KoolAid", or "following the other sheep over the cliff".These are toys we are talking about.This is supposed to be fun.

For the record, we've got no umbrage with Figures Toy Co for not showing up on these boards. Some folks don't use common courtesy and view EMCE, Mattel, BBP as some sort of "enemy". I'm not particularly proud of some of the terrible passive aggressive things I've heard from a small few (the large majority of people here exhibit common sense and can discuss toys without losing civility)

If they think "this is not for me" and simply choose to send us information (which they do) then, fair enough.

I'm thankful enough for those that do come here to share with us but it's not a requisite.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Hobbies tend to bare fruit from an emotional place in our lives. As a result, I don't expect people to see eye to eye on everything that gets discussed here. Unfortunately disliking a product or something more specific such as availability and/or cost for an item can mar people in a host of disputes that don't originate from a place intended to spark a feud. But those aspects ARE part of the collecting landscape. And since probably no two people here share the exact same set of opinions, values, or economic standing, these topics can become touchy where not intended. For me, it becomes destructive when it breaks down into name calling or wishing bad things unto others. That's taking it to an unhealthy level, which should not have any place here or really anywhere else in the hobby. But discussing the finer points of the hobby is what makes it engaging. Some can take it as intended, while others feel it reflects a negative energy. But when you pull the makers of these items into the forum, it becomes a much trickier arrangement to tip toe around since they bring both their love of the hobby and their professional pride. I think most mean no harm. But if there are real issues involving the product, then this forum can provide some raw insight into how those issues are affecting them as future consumers. If style points are what the makers are more concerned with, then they've missed an opportunity to improve their product. So having a presence on this board does not impact the business side one way or the other. It's simply listening to what is said that ultimately plays a role in that exchange of opinions. It's safe to say the Figure Toy Company has done alot of listening.
                    Last edited by MIB41; Apr 28, '13, 4:16 PM.

Comment

• fun guy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 24, 2011

yeah,i see what you mean.,i would like to see figures toy company acquire the mad magazine and marvel comics licenses.that would be cool.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Blake's 7!!!

We could pit them up against the Daleks and Cybermen from BifBangPow!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

Come on Figures Inc. ,give us some more teasers

Comment

• rjm118
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 25, 2012

Any news on Batman the series pre sale or release date?

Im curious how the pre-sale for the re-Mego's are going...

Comment

• pmjlghrs
                              • Oct 28, 2010

Coming in late to this chat, been really busy for a while. But I am very surprised that in all of this chat, no one has mentioned the possibility of Figures releasing reproduction Teen Titans. They have the suits for the males for sale in 7" scale.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by pmjlghrs
                                Coming in late to this chat, been really busy for a while. But I am very surprised that in all of this chat, no one has mentioned the possibility of Figures releasing reproduction Teen Titans. They have the suits for the males for sale in 7" scale.
                                That is because CTVT hasn't made any official announcement yet, although we can reasonably speculate that the TT is indeed a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎