Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Guru is at it again, claiming MOTU is canceled.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I still like Tony's (Analog Toys) output, but I wish he wouldn't get in the mud with these guys. But that's his business and choice. I just skip those videos. I used to like Retro Blasting's output, but almost every video is a tirade about something. Just can't get that worked up over something that's supposed to bring me joy.

I avoid Toy Guru like the plague. Kind of surprised he has "fans".

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    That doesn't surprise me. He is pretty infamous for swiping people's pictures without permission or credit. That said, I avoid all those guys. Way too much drama.

Leave a comment:

• jwyblejr
    replied
    Giving this a bump because of the latest weirdness. His YouTube Channel was shut down for a couple days because of copywrite strikes. I think they said it was something like 30. His fans are blaming RetroBlasting and Analog Toys.

Leave a comment:

• enyawd72
    replied
    ^What Werewolf said.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Walmart.com has place holder listings for all the new waves and they also have Mossman and Duplico exclusives. I wouldn't worry about spring resets.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    ^So, the reset is an exclusion? That worries me--I thought the empty spots were making way for new product and wave 7 & stragglers were being clearanced.

WM stores near me haven't had new figures since mid-September but did have exclusive Roton.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 4, '23, 9:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KingKickass1983
    replied
    So...my local Wal-mart seemed to have stopped carrying MOTU.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Werewolf
    I think that's why Mattel ignores him. Even though being a former employee gives him a false sense of credibility over other toy conspiracy nutters. Because if you debunk one you will end up always be playing disinformation whack a mole with these idiots.
    Trust me, after five years of trying to debunk the weirdest Mego rumours, all you get is tired and a target on your back. Just ignore.

Some people are just trying to manifest a reality where the company fails BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME! Yawn.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    and it's tough because you really want to smash misinformation but from experience, all it does is spread it further.
    I think that's why Mattel ignores him. Even though being a former employee gives him a false sense of credibility over other toy conspiracy nutters. Because if you debunk one you will end up always be playing disinformation whack a mole with these idiots.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    It has a specific "Brainy Smurf" energy around it. Certain folks I know on YT seem to think it's pointless to discuss and won't engage. That's always been my MO, and it's tough because you really want to smash misinformation but from experience, all it does is spread it further.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^Yeah, when he insists on dying on THAT hill, that should bring everything he says into question. He's definitely trying to justify his previous videos, and sliding that MOTU Doomsday date forward every time.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I hate to revive this thread, but I was just browsing YouTube and saw ToyGuru/Spector Creative posted a new video: "Why You're Seeing New MOTU Figures When the Line is Cancled". WOW. Man, this guy really does live in his own little world. He is so stuck on himself he refuses to go quietly into the night and just drop this, OR admit he was dead wrong.
    Gotta keep moving that goal post. Gotta get them clicks. He has no idea. I mean according to him Mattel doesn't even own MOTU and should have already lost the license by now. Shockingly that didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I hate to revive this thread, but I was just browsing YouTube and saw ToyGuru/Spector Creative posted a new video: "Why You're Seeing New MOTU Figures When the Line is Cancled". WOW. Man, this guy really does live in his own little world. He is so stuck on himself he refuses to go quietly into the night and just drop this, OR admit he was dead wrong. I didn't watch the video, because I'm not giving him that click, but...again, WOW.

Leave a comment:

• TRDouble
    replied
    I always scrolled past this thread as I could not figure out what it was about... then the name finally clicked... Whew! I haven't heard that name in a long time! As a long time collector of Mattel's DCUC, JLU, MOTU dabbler, MattyCollector Ghostbusters and Voltron, I should have recognized it immediately. I was basically kicked off a toy board because I agreed with negative comments that were considered bashing (I wasn't banned, but I could not reset my password, asked for help from management, which was ignored multiple times, so once I was logged off from the only system I was still logged on with, I was essential locked out of the board). The thread has moved past this person, so I apologize for any rehashing, but I just read the whole thread and had to make a little comment. BoyWonder was great!

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    I agree, Sy-klone likely deluxe and Modulock could be done more simply like Mantenna.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎