Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Guru is at it again, claiming MOTU is canceled.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne

Still holding out for Sy-Klone, Two-Bad, and Modulok, though.
    I'd be shocked if we don't get Sy-Klone and Two-Bad.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    It's an interesting list, and I'm especially excited about Spikor & Snake-Face.

Still holding out for Sy-Klone, Two-Bad, and Modulok, though.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Even more MOTU listings including Origins Spikor, Squeeze, Snake Face and Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

Even More Masters Of The Universe Origins And Masterverse Listings Pop Up Online - Webstor, Clawful, Whiplash And More

I doubt this will stop the conspiracy nutters and rage merchants that are still pushing the MOTU is cancelled nonsense but hope springs eternal.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    That book/record set it came with, that GORGEOUS Alfredo Alcala artwork, bigger than the mini-comics...WOW. I still have the book and the Talon Fighter. Part of my Point Dread is missing.
    Sadly, a record probably isn't going to happen, but I wonder if we will get a story book with it? That would be really cool.

I forgot to mention some of the un-named placeholder listings are for Sun Man Duplico and 2002 King Randor for Origins and Savage Eternia Moss Man for the CGI Netflix line.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^Let's put the messenger to rest too.

Man, I loved Point Dread and the Talong Fighter as a kid, even if it was flimsier/lighter than most other MOTU toys. That book/record set it came with, that GORGEOUS Alfredo Alcala artwork, bigger than the mini-comics...WOW. I still have the book and the Talon Fighter. Part of my Point Dread is missing.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    A whole slew of MOTU pre-orders and listings are up. Some named and some are just place holders. High points being Point Dread and Talon Fighter for Origins and Grizzlor for Masterverse.

More 2023 Masters Of The Universe Listings Pop Up Online -Origins Talon Fighter with Point Dread, Masterverse Grizzlor, Ram Man, Whiplash And More

I think we can put the MOTU is cancelled rumor to rest.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ... a longterm cancellation

Oh no, entropy.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Trust me, one thing YouTube attention seekers don't do is redact. I can't tell you how many "Mego is doomed" videos I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^Not surprised, but glad to hear it. I wonder if he'll do another video backpedalling this whole thing, or refuting that Mattel is actually planning a longterm cancellation, so when it DOES end, he can claim a victory.

Yeesh.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    I saw Mattel confirmed on their official MOTU Instagram channel the MOTU lines aren't going anywhere. More toys coming in 2023 and beyond. Eventually the Origins line will end, as all toy lines eventually do, but it will not because of something some youtuber said.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Please, I know more about Mego than he does, and I'm just a slightly-informed layman collector.

Leave a comment:

• jwyblejr
    replied
    I forgot which video of his it was but someone in his comments section asked his thoughts on Mego's DC stuff. His reply? "That line is dead." I'm thinking to myself "Really?" This was sometime last year.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    The Target near me doesn't have any MOTU on discount. But they did have the new Masterverse wave with Frosta. Which is an awesome figure, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Some figures are on clearance in some stores around me, and Ollie's got large shipments of the beasts and some vehicles, but Marvel Legends also get clearanced, and that line isn't canceled.

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    I mean, the line isn't on clearance at any stores, so he's not even doing good conjecture.

Select stores have clearanced out some figures in the post holiday resets, but every major retailer still carries MOTU Origins, at full price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎