Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Star Wars Figures Help Request: The Best Ones????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Hiya folks,

I'm surprised the darklord didn't mention the polka dots on the Jabba glob. I always thought that was a little odd for a paint op. However, with a fresh can of goo and a pile of those little froggy things, the glob is fantastic for exorcising your inner 9 year old. But then, I like to bring these things out on the table with my kids and nephew come playtime.

The classic Kenner Jabba still does a great job for creating a display or diorama. Plus, there are a ton of them around in baggies from some warehouse find (or something like that) a few years back, so they are not too pricey.

as always, have a good time and.... go ahead; open the box

rche

ps: to Darklord. You obviously have taken some good photos of your mashes and customs. I am supposing you have a set of pics somewhere in the ether. Perhaps you could list a link to a group shot or your display of these?

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by rche
      Hiya folks,

I'm surprised the darklord didn't mention the polka dots on the Jabba glob. I always thought that was a little odd for a paint op.
      Gosh, I forgot about that! I guess I blocked it out! Polka dots!! Uggghhh!!!

The classic Kenner Jabba still does a great job for creating a display or diorama. Plus, there are a ton of them around in baggies from some warehouse find (or something like that) a few years back, so they are not too pricey.

Agreed. The classic Kenner Jabba (and the playset) is great for diorama and display.

But I kinda went in a different direction on the whole thing: I combined the dais from the vintage Kenner Playset with the cardboard backdrop of the Hasbro Jabba's Throne Room Playset.

I topped the whole thing off with a custom-made (more accurate) Jabba and called it finished.

Here's a pic of the custom packaging I designed for it:

ps: to Darklord. You obviously have taken some good photos of your mashes and customs. I am supposing you have a set of pics somewhere in the ether. Perhaps you could list a link to a group shot or your display of these?
      I unfortunately do not have a group shot anywhere, and I only have some shots of my collection that were posted in this thread back in May.
      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

darklord----

1) That Jabba rocks! (and I had the "Glob" but never noticed the polka dots---oh well)

2) Re: that thread link---
        -
        It's nice that everyone in that thread including yourself acknowledged that you are
        out of your mind

Wow.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't know what was the crazier thing in those pics.

The scale Sandcrawler may be a frontrunner!

In all seriousness though, congrats on amassing a great collection
        that happens to be full of superb custom work.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Thanks good buddy!

As for me being "out of my mind" with STAR WARS (and MEGO Batman) toys, well, that's the probably the biggest understatement since my older brother (at the age of ten) looked out of the window of the airplane we were travelling in and said, "Wow look at that big orange CRACK in the ground down there" as we flew over THE GRAND CANYON.

It's been a fun 30-odd years of collecting. And it just seems to be getting more and more exciting as time passes!

May The Force Be With You!
          I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎