The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mezco teases One:12 First Appearance 1939 Batman!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterRR
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 2, 2008

I like the Iron Man but i wish they can cover legs with fabric to hide joints. They look like marvel legends. I just got the green arrow my favorite so far
    Last edited by PeterRR; Feb 10, '17, 6:40 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

One thing I can't figure with these, and I have the same problem with Sideshow's DC offerings, is why some are comic-accurate (DKR, and this Bronze Age Iron Man), but others are Mezco-created, like Captain America? It's not that the designs aren't cool, but when they pull elements from different versions (like Cap) it's neither fish or fowl in a way, and when you get in that price range, I myself want straight iconic.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        One thing I can't figure with these, and I have the same problem with Sideshow's DC offerings, is why some are comic-accurate (DKR, and this Bronze Age Iron Man), but others are Mezco-created, like Captain America? It's not that the designs aren't cool, but when they pull elements from different versions (like Cap) it's neither fish or fowl in a way, and when you get in that price range, I myself want straight iconic.

Chris
        Agree 100%!
        I was disappointed with Captain America, as well as their Captain Marvel with the gold rather than yellow elements, and tunic flap. If these were all straight Silver or Bronze Age representations, I'd buy every one. I had the same approach with Sideshow's 1:6 Marvel and DC figures, so I've saved a bunch of money.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

It's not a first appearance Batman.

Aside from the mask, it's some really wonky looking Batman with crazy patterns on his jumpsuit. Total pass.

Hopefully they do a FA style Batman as one of the variants.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

YouTube interview with Mezco:

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Capt. Marvel is the only one I've considered, but I admit I love the tunic flap look and usually the gold trim.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

This Batman looks great; from the neck up. The rest...

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

^I love it...in fact it might be my favorite Batman figure ever.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

That's cool. I'd be excited if it were a true first appearance figure from the comics. I just can't get over the weird pattern on the batsuit and the raised bat emblem.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
                      That's cool. I'd be excited if it were a true first appearance figure from the comics. I just can't get over the weird pattern on the batsuit and the raised bat emblem.
                      Honestly, they look great in person. Keep in mind these are only 6". The suit patterns look much more extreme in enlarged photos. The effect is much more subtle in hand. On my BvS Batman, it's there, but not as noticeable like it is on a larger figure.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^See that's my problem. Just give us the comic accurate version. It looks great, but to me it's like paying $80 for Lightning Luge Batman from the old Kenner series. But that's me.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

^I get what you're saying, but there are already several 100% comic accurate versions out there.

I think of this as a representation of what the 1939 costume would look like translated to film.
                          I think we can both agree if we got this suit in a Batman movie we'd probably faint! LOL

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            ^I get what you're saying, but there are already several 100% comic accurate versions out there.

I think of this as a representation of what the 1939 costume would look like translated to film.
                            I think we can both agree if we got this suit in a Batman movie we'd probably faint! LOL
                            Not in this format, tho. I like some of the noodling with the design, but the lack of trunks bugs me.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

This is half assed cosplay Batman.

If you saw some dude at a con with an outfit like that you'd think to yourself, "Why did he go through all the effort to get such a nice mask and cape and then make such a terrible costume with combat boots."

This figure sucks lol.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

^No, I'd think damn, that guy took a 1939 design and made it freaking awesome...but that's cool if you think it sucks.

I think Bruce Timm's Batman design sucks. (I realize I'm very much in the minority there) It's all subjective.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎