X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by madmarva
    jaws is going to have a limited rerelease on June 21 and 24. Check fathomevents.com to see if it's playing near you.
    I jumped on this early this morning. Got my tix. Best part is, it's on Father's Day!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by mego73
      Really? I thought the blu ray and the 2 disc set had the documentary in full.
      Nope its big time short. Almost an hour. The shark is still working Doc is Almost 2 hours short.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
        Career Member
        • Apr 30, 2015

Does anyone own any of the TV versions of Jaws?

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 11, 2014

What's the Question for ?

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
            Career Member
            • Apr 30, 2015

Just thought I'd ask the question.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

I thought you were looking for something different or special. They did run JAWS for a short while on a few of the cable channels with some of the original cut scenes put back in. Quint in the Music store was in there. There are actually different versions of the other 3 movies as well. There's about four edits of JAWS-the Revenge out there. ALL of them horrible though except a great cut scene (sometimes seen on some cable TV versions) where the Reggae Guy is getting chomped Seen from inside the Shark. By JAWS 3-D, I was rooting for the Shark. Walked out of 3 and 4 when they were new in theater. Can't believe heads of studios let this crap be made and released.
              Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Jun 3, '15, 6:09 PM.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

To be honest, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on TV versions of the first film. There was a version I saw when I was very young that I have a very vivid memory of, when Hooper first inspects the remains of Chrissie. In the theatrical and current releases, he just lifts the arm from the tray and says "so this is what happens". As I say, I have a very vivid memory of seeing more to that seen. I remember Hooper saying "so this is what happens when a young girl goes swimming" and actually seeing more of the remains.
                I've searched and searched the net for more info on this, but can find nothing. It was shown in the very early 80's in the UK, but I can't rememeber if it was shown on the BBC or if it would have been on the ITV network.
                I have to admit that I'm not a great fan of 3 or 4 myself, but I do have the 3D version of the 3rd just for novelty sakes.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I am a 3-D JUNKIE! A Proper 3D Blu Ray of Jaws 3-D is a bit of a grail to me. I don't care that the movie's a turkey.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

I'm surprised it hasn't been released by now. Seems a bit silly that they're holding it back really.

I'd like to get my hands on the Japanese laserdisc. Seriously hard to find.

Comment

• nazgul
                      Lord of Light
                      • May 2, 2011

I know I might be in the minority, but man, I love Jaws 3! Reaction Jaws 3 figures would be amazing...to me at least...
                      You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Oh I love it too. Heck, I'd buy Jaws 3-D toys.

But it's still a turkey.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 30, 2015

Just going back to the figures and the shark. Absolutely love them! Packaging is excellent. Never expected those cards for the figures themselves. Was thinking more of a black background with a shot of each character from the film, but that poster art is just full of win.
                          The Orca now would just be the cherry on the cake for me...... Did someone say 'SDCC Exclusive'.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Funko spokesman Reis O'Brien says an Orca playset is on the table, but it depends on how well the figures sell. He also said on FB that they always try first to go with character specific cards, but if licensing image rights of actors gets in the way, then they do generic poster art for the cardbacks.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 30, 2015

Really hope these figures sell well now. An Orca would really finish the set for me.
                              That makes a lot of sense with images on the backing cards. Still glad they used the poster art. Can't speak for everyone, but for myself they look great with the box for the shark.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

They do. I'm planning on buying a second set (and third likely) to support the line, and to make my own cardbacks with the characters too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎