X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I just don't get choices like Breaking Bad, Boondock Saints and Fight Club. For a supposed retro line there looks to be no rhyme or reason to their license choices, to me. It's like they are throwing darts at a board with random names of licenses. I have zero interest in stuff like Back to the Future or Goonies. But they totally make sense. But Fight Club? Seriously? Gotta shake my head at stuff like that.
    "Retro" only means the style... so, it's not "random"---it's whatever licenses they can get that they believe they'll turn a profit from----whatever other reason would they have? Granted, precedence has shown companies like Palasaides obsessing over certain "labors of love" licenses and losing big money as a result. But those decisions are usually based on one or two lines that a manufacturer can't let go of emotion with before its too late. But Funko...as stated...apparently, has, like, a BILLION lines planned.

I'm convinced Funko's ever-growing wacky selection of liscences is actually MORE proof they KNOW what they're doing than not, just because they ARE so eccentric in range/genres. It's a money-making strategy.

I'm up for A-Team, Breaking Bad, E.T., Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Gremlins, JAWS, Munsters, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Some of these purchases might depend on figure design for me to buy.

Note that I said "figure design"---not "likenesses"---I'm telling you in advance, most of the likenesses on these figures will be mediocre at best.

I'm banking on the costume choice they have the figure wearing (from whatever certain film/TV scene the look is taken from)---hair sculpt---stuff like that. Looking forward to seeing what they decide to do in THAT respect.

A line like Fast Times is a great idea (even if they fudge the likenesses as they've been doing) as long as there's something about each figure that gives it a "vibe" of the character it's based on---i.e. more "Marty/Doc" than "Biff/George" I'd love to make a schoolroom diorama filled with DAMONE, RAT, SPICOLI, BRAD, STACY, LINDA, JEFFERSON, etc overseen by MR. HAND and/or MR. VARGAS---but they gotta catch that vibe despite bland generic faces!
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

There is another set at TRU that looks better and you can also include the movie Orca.

Toys”R”Us is the leading kids store for all toys, video games, dolls, action figures, learning games, building blocks and more. C'mon, Let's Play!
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep

There is another set at TRU that looks better and you can also include the movie Orca.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search
        By "better", do you mean "bigger" because, to me, that looks like the same shark figure from the first set I posted---and while others might prefer the accessory pieces included in this set, personally, for a more "JAWS movie-centric" set-up, I don't need that other stuff (rowboat, whale, etc)---except the diver head to swap out with a Funko Hooper, an item which is also in the other set I posted---PLUS, the other set I posted has the "very-desirable-JAWS-prop" shark cage which the set above doesn't---so, yeah, I'm good with the shark cage set---which I got two of, cause of that sale I mentioned (yet another reason why the first set might be more desirable to some).

Also, I just noticed that that set you posted a link to is $24----I got TWO of the other set for notably less than that amount.
        Last edited by huedell; Dec 25, '14, 1:04 PM. Reason: noticed the $24 price tag
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

While I am not a really big Aquaman or Sub-Mariner fan, I have always felt these would be good accessories for those figures. I also like the wedding cake columns for Paradise Island, Atlantis and Olympus settings.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I'll have to respectfully disagree on the Shark. Bruce had a unique look, as did say the Dewback or TaunTaun, and Kenner was very good at doing detailed beasts back in the day. Funko should have little restraint doing a terrific Bruce, while maintaining a vintage aesthetic.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I wish someone would get the Blake's 7 license.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Good call on the Blake's 7 license. That would be cool!

I'd also love to see some retro styled Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior figures. Max, Wez, The Humungus, The Gyro Captain... that would be awesome in the retro scale & style.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I'd love Blake's 7 figures! Starblazers would be great also.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Man, I'm gonna need to set up a display for these. I had put my name in for the stand at my local Barnes & Noble but I don't think they did it. Plus there's just too much stuff coming out so who knows how long they'll be displaying them anyway.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wtrailer
                      • Feb 11, 2012

I want to see some prequel Star Wars characters get the ReAction treatment!

Wt

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Wtrailer

Wt
                        That will never happen. We would see DC and Marvel first.

CCC.

Comment

• acrovader
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Wtrailer

Wt
                          I believe Hasbro released some of the prequel characters in the classic Kenner format.
                          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2011

I wouldn't mind seeing Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force get released in the ReAction line. I wouldn't mind having a 7-Zark-7 along with the other characters. Maybe Logan's Run, too. And Buckaroo Banzai. And Space Academy. And Jason of Star Command.
                            Last edited by acrovader; Dec 29, '14, 4:52 PM.
                            I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by acrovader
                              I wouldn't mind seeing Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force get released in the ReAction line. I wouldn't mind having a 7-Zark-7 along with the other characters. Maybe Logan's Run, too. And Buckaroo Banzai. And Space Academy. And Jason of Star Command.
                              Those last 2 could be in a Sat morning focused line with Shazam, Isis, Electrawoman and Dynagirl. Now tell me honestly that you don't want to see those last 2 in 4" scale with those big honkin' boxes permanently molded to their wrists....

CCC.

Comment

• megonaught
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 29, 2008

How about Blue Falcon and Dynomutt?
                                Those would be cool.
                                Action Jackson is his name.
                                Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

Working...
                                😀