Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funko / Super7 ReAction Figure Retro 3 3/4" Line Expanding!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by David Lee
    Buffy and Bill and Ted are a waste of resources...
    I dunno, Buffy still has a fan base and Bill & Ted is mining 80s kid nostalgia. I think it might surprise.

Personally, I stopped listening after Universal Monsters, I'm mailing them my wallet.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
      Personally, I stopped listening after Universal Monsters, I'm mailing them my wallet.
      DITTO! Who do I throw my money at?

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

I dunno, Buffy still has a fan base and Bill & Ted is mining 80s kid nostalgia. I think it might surprise.

I'l put a beer on Bill and Ted right now... that they don't make it out. I agree 80's kids are the purchasers these days, but no one can make Keanu Reeves into a an action-figure and make it work....

Buffy, will make it out, based on Whedon's popilarity, but it won't do much.

These predictions are based on what's sold in the past not what I'd like to see... I aslo get the feeling that the "cool" is gonna wear off fast as Funko has a tendancey to over do it... variations anyone? What was cool for Aliens is completely lost now. Having said that, extending the REMCO UM line could be brilliant...

Dave
        Last edited by David Lee; Sep 3, '13, 2:17 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I'l put a beer on Bill and Ted right now... that they don't make it out. I agree 80's kids are the purchasers these days, but no one can make Keanu Reeves into a an action-figure and make it work....
          You're on. I find the whole thing greatly overrated personally but I think it's got more legs than that.

It sold in the past and quite well if I recall what someone at DST told me.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

You're on. I find the whole thing greatly overrated personally but I think it's got more legs than that
            Great when the time comes I'll have a Yuengling Black & Tan

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Funko has a crazy number of licenses so I'd expect they'll do a ton of different and possibly obscure figures. I can't really think of another toy company that's ever had as many different licenses at once. It's kind of nuts. They've been around less than 10 years and they probably have made over 500 different figures.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

While I haven't bought a ton of Funko's stuff, I really dig the company. I keep expecting them to get into the Mego or Marx field.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

I don't know: the 6" figure range by Clayburn Moore and DST had (mostly) good sculpts, but the figures themselves weren't consistent size-wise, which a lot of collectors complained about. The figures still sell well though on the secondary market.

The last Buffy figures I saw were Metz-Itz about 3 years ago and they seemed to sell quickly. The continuation of the Buffy show via Dark Horse comics using actual show writers has kept the Buffy fanbase pretty much active, despite the first season airing 16 or so years ago.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on as many of the Serenity crew as I can!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                    They've been around less than 10 years and they probably have made over 500 different figures.
                    Just an FYI, they started up in '98 or '99 if I remember correctly. A good friend who's store I would occasionally "babysit" around that same time was friends with the original owner and was an early wholesale account. I think the current owner took over nearly a decade ago. They sure have lived up to their name, lots of fun stuff!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

You're right. I was mostly thinking of the Pop Vinyl line, not the bobbleheads.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Oh yes... I've seen the bobbleheads... not a "Bobblehead Guy" but still impressed by all the licenses at once. If they do actually make a 4 inch BACK TO THE FUTURE figure, I may actually buy something from them already.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                          I don't know: the 6" figure range by Clayburn Moore and DST had (mostly) good sculpts, but the figures themselves weren't consistent size-wise, which a lot of collectors complained about. The figures still sell well though on the secondary market.

The last Buffy figures I saw were Metz-Itz about 3 years ago and they seemed to sell quickly. The continuation of the Buffy show via Dark Horse comics using actual show writers has kept the Buffy fanbase pretty much active, despite the first season airing 16 or so years ago.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on as many of the Serenity crew as I can!
                          I defer to your superior Buffy knowledge... just seems kind of dated to me, and going backwards from really detailed to simple figures, could lose something in the process. I've been wrong before, but the ole gut says this isn't strong.

The others make tangential sense as they were properties in the 80's... Serenity gets a pass because nothering has ever been made for that franchise...

at the end of the day, I am excited to see what comes out. Having a heavy hitter lke FUNKO is a double edged sword... you get a big company with tons of potential license and cash, but you lose (IMHO) the coolness and niche of figures in a simpler format that "would have never been made". Aliens is awesome, but now it smacks of "hey let's make any and everything so we can to wring this money sponge as hard as we can"

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎