Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funko / Super7 ReAction Figure Retro 3 3/4" Line Expanding!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Funko / Super7 ReAction Figure Retro 3 3/4" Line Expanding!

I thought this deserves its own thread.

Funko and Super7 are teaming up to produce more retro style 3 3/4" figures in their ReAction line, ala the Kenner ALIEN figures.

Licenses announced:

Universal Monsters!
    Back to the Future
    Escape from New York
    Predator
    The Terminator / Terminator 2
    The Goonies
    Firefly
    Aliens
    Buffy
    Bill & Ted

Looks like we're going to see lots more retro style 3.75" figures!

Sources:

http://popvinyls.com/2013/08/30/funk...-3-34-figures/

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/3...n-figures.html

With the sheer number of licenses potentially coming, it is truly an embarrassment of riches! I can't say that all of those licenses are appealing to the completist in me, but if I can cherry pick, there are definitely some I'd like to get.

I wonder if the Universal Monsters will be all new, or re-releases of the Remcos?

I hope they spread these out so they are affordable!
    Last edited by Hedji; Sep 2, '13, 10:08 AM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Universal Monsters is a good choice.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Aricosaur
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 26, 2013

The only one of those I can get excited about is Back to the Future. Maybe Terminator and Universal Monsters. I really don't care about most of those properties.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Monsters sounds very cool.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Monsters sounds very cool.

I would love Escape from Noo Yawk, and the terminator
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I don't know, Firefly sounds cool to me. I would pass on the rest, although a Snake Plisken might be cool

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
              I wonder if the Universal Monsters will be all new, or re-releases of the Remcos?
              On the Funko forums they said, "WE have been doing that for the last 45 days..we will be blowing you away with lost treasure NEVER produced in 3 3/4" fashion(except the Remco Universal Monster line which we will expand greatly@!)"

I would really love to have Bride of Frankenstein and Dr. Frankenstein figures to go with my vintage Remco Frankenstein's monster.

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Expanded Remco Style Monsters is ok... People will buy anything Monster related.

Escape from New York and Predator/Terminator (though done to absolute death) work in the absurdity of "these are kids toys?" vein.

Firefly fans (and I am one) will support this, but it probably won't go far.

Back to the Future works if you can make the Delorean...

Goonies could be cute, but will be a tough sell...

Buffy and Bill and Ted are a waste of resources...

Dave

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Didn't Bill and Ted already have a toy line anyway?

Some of those lines don't seem like they could go that deep. How many Escape From NY characters beyond Snake Plisskin are marketable?

As for Back to the Future, will they really make Biff, Lorraine and George, or just concentrate on Marty and Doc?

I have absolutely no use for Buffy and Firefly, but it's nice that there is something for just about everyone planned.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by David Lee
                    Works for me without it being made...

... and is the only figures listed that I remotely care about.

That said.... it'd be a tease if these aren't made. I want them that bad. Been waiting for Doc and Marty for years.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by David Lee
                      Expanded Remco Style Monsters is ok... People will buy anything Monster related.

Escape from New York and Predator/Terminator (though done to absolute death) work in the absurdity of "these are kids toys?" vein.

Firefly fans (and I am one) will support this, but it probably won't go far.

Goonies could be cute, but will be a tough sell...

Buffy and Bill and Ted are a waste of resources...

Dave
                      I think this is highly accurate.

Predator/Terminator/Aliens/Monsters have a lot of potential because they're still bankable commodities and are perfect GI Joe enemies. Just as Snake makes a great member, ala Rocky.

The limited articulation will hurt sales. 3 3/4 need Joe posability.

Forget the other ones.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Is it wrong for me to associate Firefly and Buffy with the generation of young whippersnappers who really don't "get" the appeal of retro, 5-point articulation figures? They seem to "new" to be on the list.

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Didn't Bill and Ted already have a toy line anyway?

Some of those lines don't seem like they could go that deep. How many Escape From NY characters beyond Snake Plisskin are marketable?

As for Back to the Future, will they really make Biff, Lorraine and George, or just concentrate on Marty and Doc?

I have absolutely no use for Buffy and Firefly, but it's nice that there is something for just about everyone planned.
                          For EFNY you have Isaac Hayes as the Duke who would sell in addition to Snake. Pretty much if you stick to the main cast it would do fine (which character-wise would be Snake, the duke (and his assistant whose name eludes me), Cabbie, Brain, Maggie and hauk)

to be honest I do not think they are really going to go that deep with many of these proposed lines (the Universal Monsters would be an exception). Most of the others might just be the initial cast and then onto the next toy line
                          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                            GL of Mego Sector
                            • Oct 8, 2007

You guys forget, the late 20s early 30s are the money makers right now, so all those lines are right on the money to my eyes. I have to say I would buy most of those lines, but Buffy and firefly are Awesome! Will buy the Buffy set twice, once for me and once for my daughter, and the idea I can have a Captain Mal hang out with Han Solo and Chewbacca is awesome to me. And if you look at the prices if the Bill and Ted figures on EBay right now clearly there is some demand. I guess we'll have to see what lines really come out but I have to say I love everything about this!
                            No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Would be interested in Firefly figures if we can also get a decent sized Serenity playset to go with them. With Buffy, there's 7 seasons of characters to work with. Buffy's been around awhile, folks. 1992 for the original movie and the series premiered during the 1996-97 season. Yes, it's been that long.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎