X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I miss Two Guys :(
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
      Banned
      • Oct 17, 2007

i miss circus World...and I hate KB's. When i managed a TRU , I would love seeing their prices and them trying to keep up. They are over priced and terrible selection. The only good KB's i have been to is is the outlet in hilton head, SC where they have all kinds of toys for cheap.
      like the suncoasts when they closed...CLOSE them all and let go sort them out.

Comment

• Titan4ever
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 29, 2006

Originally posted by Wee67
        I miss Two Guys :(
        SO TRUE!!! 95% of my original Megos came from Two Guys stores. In fact, I remember with great fondness the last 3 Megos I bought new--Wonder Girl, Aqualad and Kid Flash--at a Two Guys Labor Day sale in the Baltimore area.

Seems now like they were one of the first dominoes to fall in a long line of discount department and toy store closures for me.

I haven't shopped in a KB for years, but it does seem like the options are becoming more and more limited.

Comment

• mego boy CA
          megos are FUN!!
          • Mar 30, 2006

we had a couple close around where i live in nor-cal, but there's still one open a few miles from where i live for now anyways.
          sigpic
          "To The Batmobile!"
          "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• Titan4ever
            Museum Patron
            • Oct 29, 2006

Originally posted by mego boy CA
            we had a couple close around where i live in nor-cal, but there's still one open a few miles from where i live for now anyways.
            KB closed its stores in Iowa around '02 or '03, so I was already used to thinking they weren't viable from living back in Des Moines. Occasionally, I'd hit one of my brothers up for KB stuff in the Baltimore area where they still had some, but not often. I was surprised to find KBs still doing business when I moved to So Cal late last year, but the stores were pretty empty. I haven't really looked to know what's around in the South Bay area since I moved up here.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Now you cant even trust the Employee's any More

Store clerk steals customers' credit cards for holiday shopping
              BRAINTREE, Mass. -- A toy store clerk was arrested after an investigation into fraudulent credit card activity, said police.

Officials said Angela Dapkas, 22, stole customers' credit cards and went on her own personal holiday shopping spree in the same mall that she worked.

Dapkas, an employee at KB Toys at the South Shore Plaza, was arrested at Lord and Taylor for using two stolen credit cards, said police.

She was already barred from the store for a prior shoplifting incident.

Dapkas was stopped by loss prevention as she exited the store and held for authorities.

Authorities urge customers to make sure they get their credit cards back when shopping.
              WHDH-TV - New England News - Store clerk steals customers' credit cards for holiday shopping

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎