Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

very cool! i'm surprised it's out already!!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

The new AT-AT is awesome.

Saw them on the shelves in TRU last week, and almost bought one.

Would look great next to my original Kenner AT-AT!
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I scene these on the Shelf this Morning....
        I was a little shocked to see them ..., because A well known Scalper came running outta the Isle pushing a cart full of them....

But when I walked around the Corner,... they were sitting there.
        I scene them all but Boba Fett.

I picked up Luke and Darth Vader.
        Vader doesn't have the Boba Fett Mail away offer sticker ruining the front of the card.

The cards are really thin ...., almost Retro-Hero card thickness ...

They also had the New Packaging for the Regular Line, as well as Clone Wars there. However I didn't see a new figure that I didn't already own ..., yet.

Hope to find Boba soon ...., not sure if I need the rest just yet.

BTW ... This Week Toysrus has Buy 1 ..., get 1 50% off...., so it's like 2 of these Star Wars figures for 15 bucks + tax.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MEGOMAN
          Defender of the Megoverse
          • Dec 30, 2008

NICE!!!

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Vader's Helmet also looks to be Removable.

The back of the cards, showcase the figures next to the Origional version of the characters in the package. Kinda neat stuff.

Also, there wasn't 1 single figure of Star Wars at my Target...., no place for them either. Not sure what was up with that, 1st time since 94 I ever scene that.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              • Dec 30, 2008

Yes, Vader's helmet is removable. Target has been shorted big time for quite some time now on shipments of Star Wars figures. Just wait for August. They'll fill up then.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                • Dec 30, 2008

I scored all of the Vintage Collection figures last night from Toys R Us. They are incredible!!!

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                  I scene these on the Shelf this Morning....
                  I was a little shocked to see them ..., because A well known Scalper came running outta the Isle pushing a cart full of them....

But when I walked around the Corner,... they were sitting there.
                  I scene them all but Boba Fett.

I picked up Luke and Darth Vader.
                  Vader doesn't have the Boba Fett Mail away offer sticker ruining the front of the card.

The cards are really thin ...., almost Retro-Hero card thickness ...

They also had the New Packaging for the Regular Line, as well as Clone Wars there. However I didn't see a new figure that I didn't already own ..., yet.

Hope to find Boba soon ...., not sure if I need the rest just yet.

BTW ... This Week Toysrus has Buy 1 ..., get 1 50% off...., so it's like 2 of these Star Wars figures for 15 bucks + tax.
                  the boba is a re release too from a previous wave. the helmet comes off.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Was at the London Film and Comic Con yesterday... the vintage ESB figures were pretty popular there. Some dealers were even selling them for less than TRU, which makes a refreshing change.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• darklord1967
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Jason73
                      Wow, that AT-AT does look impressive. What does the box look like? I heard TRU was going to have vintage packaging for theirs.
                      Yes. The plan Is for Toys R US to have their own Vintage-Style packaging. I understand this is not something we will see until September.

Until then, this is what we will see in stores:

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      Nice Scale showing there, with the 2 figures. That really gives you a Grasp on Just How Damn Big that thing is.

Oh yeah? How's THIS for scale? Here's a still of this behemoth CRUSHING the new Rebel Snowspeeder under its foot!! kudos to HASBRO for making the new Snowspeeder completely different from the vintage Kenner sculpt... more accurate, more articulate, and ACTUALLY SMALLER to match the on-screen scale!!

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                      The new AT-AT is awesome.

Saw them on the shelves in TRU last week, and almost bought one.

Would look great next to my original Kenner AT-AT!

Hmmm... I don't know, dude. I'm not sure you'll still feel that way once you lay eyes on this new MONSTER. The vintage KENNER design (while nice for its time) looks completely silly next to this.

Check out the "Snowspeeder crushing" shot above. With the vintage KENNER walker, the foot ends up looking like a silly Dixie cup!

The new AT-AT is far more articulate, far more screen accurate it its design, and as for SIZE... well... just let me put it this way:

Vintage KENNER AT-AT: 17- 3/4 inches tall

New HASBRO AT-AT: Just over 2 FEET tall!

I'll let these pictures speak for themselves...

Here's last year's excellent new HASBRO AT-ST standing (extended tippy-toe) next to the new AT-AT. The new AT-ST is of a good size in its own right... especially when compared to the vintage KENNER design!

AWESOME!!!!

I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Came back from 5 TRU and only 4 of them received them and apparently each got 3 cases and sold out FAST! All that were left were 4LOM, 3PO and Vader.
                        One thing is for sure, it felt so AMAZING seeing these on the pegs. Felt like I was 10 again. I'm only going to score Fett. Don't care for the rest.
                        Hopefully, if I don't find Fett in the next 3 months, I'm going to score it on ebay unless someone on here can find one.
                        Also, I plan on just buying the UPC and certificate from ebay to bypass buying figures I don't care for. Not to mention the one's on ebay are cheaper than spending money buying 5.

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

anybody see the new at at yet?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Nope, just the snowspeeder.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by starsky
                              anybody see the new at at yet?
                              Yep! I went to 2 Toys R' Us stores in San Diego California back on the 10th. They had all of the new stuff except for the Vintage Collection. I bought the AT-AT and the snow speeder. However I did score the entire Vintage Collection just a couple of days ago from a Toys R' Us close to where I live.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

Man ..., That New AT-AT packaging is Frick'in Awesome Alone.
                                Makes ME feel like I am 8 yrs Old.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎