Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

This doesn't look good and is inexcusable on the PO's part.

Lynn

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Got my Boba Fett yesterday. The box was smashed too. Looked like somebody stepped on it several times. The card inside was crumpled in places and the bottom of the bubble was crushed but luckily the figure wasn't broken. It's kinda weird they are all coming smashed.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Yes it does.
        Very uncalled for from the USPS. I personally can't stand the USPS any more. Service has gone done hill to a -10. Our mail gets lost, they've lost many of my packages, crushed packages, rude employees and just overall bad service. These are just the two USPS in my area but the ones outside our designated area are much better.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

the vintage collection fett looks a tad bigger than my childhood one. anybody else notice that?

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

I emailed Hasbro with a complaint regarding their packing.

On the stupid form you fill out with your address, etc, it asks if the item is for a child, a parent sending away for a kid or an adult collector. You'd think if they gave that choice they would KNOW adult collectors expect a certain condition.

It doesn't have to be minty mint, but it's sure as heck ain't supposed to be crushed into a pancake.

While they may not be responsible for treatment by the USPS, Hasbro IS responsible for the lack of care in packing. Would it kill them to pack it in sturdy cardboard instead of toilet paper thin cardboard?

The item is not free. You have to spend a minimum of $50 on figures to get the UPCs and then pay an additional $6.99 for shipping. I'm not fond of a $57 toy being shipped to me packed WITHOUT so much as a handful of peanuts or tissue paper in the box.

If enough people email Hasbro with a complaint, at the very least you can hope it will cause them to reevaluate their current practices.

I included pics with my complaint, but it was not necessary.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
              Career Member
              • Jun 10, 2007

I have ordered many Hasbro "free" figures over the years and they all had the same packaging as he RFBF, so far none have arrived damaged. I hope mine don't as well, we'll see.

When did you order your's Ladyzod???
              Lynn

Comment

• livnxxxl
                Megoholic RocketScientist
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                Managed to score a Jabba's Throne set at Walmart tonight.The catch is I have to put it away for Christmas before I can play with it.....
                I would love to do this with it....
                JACKOFTRADZE Custom Star Wars Action Figures: Jabba's Palace Diorama Shelf Display

Lynn
                Good deal! Now you have to be really good or else Santa will not let you have it for Christmas.

I still have not actually seen one in the stores around here yet. Of course I have not been desperately searching too hard either though.

That Jabba's Palace Diorama Shelf Display is totally awesome!
                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
                  I emailed Hasbro with a complaint regarding their packing.

On the stupid form you fill out with your address, etc, it asks if the item is for a child, a parent sending away for a kid or an adult collector. You'd think if they gave that choice they would KNOW adult collectors expect a certain condition.

It doesn't have to be minty mint, but it's sure as heck ain't supposed to be crushed into a pancake.

While they may not be responsible for treatment by the USPS, Hasbro IS responsible for the lack of care in packing. Would it kill them to pack it in sturdy cardboard instead of toilet paper thin cardboard?

The item is not free. You have to spend a minimum of $50 on figures to get the UPCs and then pay an additional $6.99 for shipping. I'm not fond of a $57 toy being shipped to me packed WITHOUT so much as a handful of peanuts or tissue paper in the box.

If enough people email Hasbro with a complaint, at the very least you can hope it will cause them to reevaluate their current practices.

I included pics with my complaint, but it was not necessary.
                  I do not blame you. I would be hot to after jumping through all of the hoops and over the hurdles to finally get the darn thing.

I do hope that Hasbro responds to your complaint and changes the way that they ship all future mail in figures. That type of packaging is just totally inexcusable.

I can see it if you only sent in a couple of bucks or something or if it was really truly indeed FREE, but that is not the case here. Spending close to $60.00 for a FREE figure does not seem very FREE to me.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    The box was smashed too. Looked like somebody stepped on it several times.
                    Every time I read a story like this it always reminds me of that movie where Jim Carey was delivering a package working for a company like UPS.

They showed him kicking it, shaking it, throwing it and what have you. By the time he actually handed it to the guy it was going to you could hear the contents of the package rattling inside from being broken.

While that seems funny to watch in a movie made in Hollywood the humor just is no where near the same when it actually happens in real life.

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                      I have ordered many Hasbro "free" figures over the years and they all had the same packaging as he RFBF, so far none have arrived damaged. I hope mine don't as well, we'll see.

When did you order your's Ladyzod???
                      Lynn
                      This first one was mailed in maybe a week after Celebration V. The second one which we haven't received yet was mailed away for last week.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

I was just wondering if they sent these out in order received or just in a hog pog batch of figures, I ordered my July 16th check cashed on July 28th. I'm sure nothing is wrong, but.... Hhmmmmmm...

Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 10, 2007

I got my RFBF today, the package was wide opened and the bubble has a slight crunch down too it.
                          I guess I'll make a complaint to Hasbro well.
                          Lynn

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Hearing so much about the bad packaging arriving I think I am just going to wait and buy one off of someone later. At least I know it will stand a much better chance of being shipped damage free by another collector.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              • Oct 23, 2007

I stopped by a Wally's today to check out the HW's and new vintage Star Wars figures. It looked like someone had already beat me to them. They had put some out, but naturally the real good stuff was already gone on the Star Wars figures.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

Looks like to be rampant issue with regards to the smashed Fetts.
                                Some guy ordered 10 and ALL 10 were smashed to the point they were coming out of the blister.
                                I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro just won't replace the figure and offer a coupon for a free figure of your choice. I can't see them making more to appease collectors.
                                So I think the mint in box are going to be worth more. Very fishy about all this.
                                Last edited by SeattleEd; Sep 13, '10, 7:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎