X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
    I finally saw these at retail and judging by the display I grabbed a Draculaura so I'm not SOL at Christmas time.
    I was just going to suggest this. MH is selling really fast and I think it is going to be one the hot toys this Christmas and the parents here might want to grab a few now before they are gone. The stores around me are already really picked over.

Got Dawn of the Dance Frankie today. Got tired of not finding her locally and ordered her off of Shop Mattel. I will post some pictures tonight.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Dawn of the Dance Frankie

"We are the Mistfits our songs are better..."

I'm getting a real Jem vibe from these outfits.

It's all the little extra details that makes these so cool. Frankie has bolts, stitches and one blue and one green eye. In MH it's all their little quirks and imperfections which make them beautiful. I think that's kind of neat for kids.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 29, '10, 6:58 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• neogelion
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 11, 2009

My daughter is going to be Frankie Stein for halloween. Although I dont think she realizes dad is going to put her in full makeup and try to make her look like the picture on the costume bag.
        Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Ghoulia and Holt just started hitting ebay. I didn't expect them this soon. Ghoulia looks great but I am surprised they left Holt that blue color. I guess I'm going to have to go toy hunting this weekend.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Got Ghoulia and Holt today!! Found them at Kmart of all places. Can't remember the last time I found anything there. Ghoulia and Holt are one per case and replace the extra Frankie and Draculaura in the assortment.

Ghoulia is awesome!

I will have some more pics up later.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I cannot say enough good things about these toys. They have a quality, attention to detail and style not often found in modern mass market toys.

I'm also really digging the diaries each doll is packed with.

Holt's diary mentions a new character Operetta (the Phantom of the Opera's daughter) and his admiration of his friends old school monster parents. "Count Dracula- This ain't no mopey "Please give me a hug 'cause I'm a Vampire" crybaby. This is the original old school dark as midnight, bad to the fang Nosferatu." Very fun and very cool.

Ghoulia's diary mentions a boy zombie from the Casketball team she has a crush on. I'm not sure how it's spelled but he is called "Slow Moe" or "Slo-Mo" in the web toon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Target has them on sale this week for 15 bucks.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Operetta? Fantastic!!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Pic of Jackson Jekyll and the Gloom Beach dolls. These are MH basic level dolls and will retail for $12.99.

Monster High Dolls: Gloom Beach Spring Dolls! - Monster High Dolls

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Just read on the official Monster High facebook page that MH is supposed to have a TV special on Nickelodeon this Halloween.

[edit]

Monsterhigh.com added a trailer and a count down clock for the Halloween special.

Dawn Of Dance | Monster High
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 23, '10, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Looks like the School Spirit Scream dolls are actually fashion packs. Amazon.com has pics up.

Amazon.com: Monster High School Spirit Scream Uniforms Frankie Stein Doll: Toys Games

New lab and coffin mini playsets too!

Amazon.com: Monster High Draculaura Jewelry Box Coffin: Toys Games

Amazon.com: Monster High Frankie Stein Mirror Bed: Toys Games

Electronic pets

Amazon.com: Monster High Electrocuties Pet Count Fabulous: Toys more
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 26, '10, 2:24 AM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Wow Werewolf, you're really into these! I'm waiting for your own holiday special on YouTube!
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy finally gave in and ordered the initial set from Entertainment Earth. These are NOWHERE to be found around here. All the dolls are GONE. If you want these for yourself or your kids, I suggest you buy them when you see them.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

They're turning up in mall record stores here.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrueDave
                                Toy Maker
                                • Jan 12, 2008

Really cool looking toys !!!! ( and I'm very picky!)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎