Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

We got a couple of these for the neighbors girls, 10 bucks at Target

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Say;

Did they ever explain the infestation of Cthulhus beneath the school?

Don C.

Comment

• timb
        Will Draw for Toys
        • May 1, 2009

have you guys ever seen this guy's MOnster High custom repaints? Holy mackeral these are beautiful: OOAK Custom Repaint Monster High Toralei Daugter of Werecat Doll by Freddy Tan | eBay

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

cool and what a price

Comment

• jimsmegos
            Mego Dork
            • Nov 9, 2008

For Christmas I got Alicia and Kaitlynn the Create a Monster starter kit and a couple of the doll starters (or whatever you call them). They've had a blast with them and boy oh boy is the collection growing! Customizing playtime for Momma and Baby!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Cute pic Jim! I can identify every toy in that photo. That could be my living room!!!

How do the Monster High dolls hold up to child play? Dani (our 4-year old daughter) has Barbies, but Cindy was concerned the nimble body style of the MH dolls would be a bit too fragile for her. She does play a bit rough. She did get a stuffed Frankie Stein for Christmas, though.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

So far they've done okay. Kaitlynn's playtime with them is supervised though. The only casualty to speak of would be one of Gloom Beach Draculaura's arms. Snapped at the elbow. Deuce also has issues with his forearms staying in.

Overall I'd venture to say that they would hold up okay but too much body part swapping could see them wearing out quickly. The plush one's are perfect for the little one's though. With the only drama being seen is that Kaitlynn has now made Deuce and Abbey a couple. Cleo is sad.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Found Cupid and the Create a Monster Dragon set tonight.

Cupid is very gothic looking. Her wings are actually bone. They look like ribs with a spine shaped into a heart. The Create a Monster sets are way cool. Kids are going to have a blast making their own monsters.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

just saw the create a monster thing tonight and picked up the skeleton. Very cool muerta. Not sure where you are supposed to get the bodies from?? I suppose those come with the two character kits? I figure they will work on one of the regular figures as well. If you have any spares, that is.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
                      just saw the create a monster thing tonight and picked up the skeleton. Very cool muerta. Not sure where you are supposed to get the bodies from?? I suppose those come with the two character kits? I figure they will work on one of the regular figures as well. If you have any spares, that is.
                      The Create a Monster accessory packs won't work with the regular dolls. They are assembled differently. Their legs and heads aren't meant to come off. You have to use the Create a Monster Starter kits.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Is anyone finding these dolls in thrift stores?

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Still wondering if anyone is finding these at secondhand stores yet. I saw one in a bin at one of the Goodwill clearinghouse sort of places about a month ago. Draculaura and she was missing her forearms and hands.

Also wanting to know if anyone with the build a monster kits can show a comparison picture of how the bodies differ.

thanks

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The bodies are a different design.

The hips on the regular Monster High dolls are strung. Cut the elastic, the legs fall off and you will never get them back on. The hips on the Create a Monster dolls snap on to pegs. The regular MH doll's heads are attached like Barbie heads and are not meant to come off. If you try to pull it off you will more than likely damage the head and break the stalk the head is a attached to. The CAM heads snaps onto a round peg on the top of the neck.

[edit]

Forgot to mention, the shoulders of the standard MH dolls are not removable.
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 3, '12, 1:22 PM.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

I understand they are different designs. Just wanted to see if anyone had done a comparison picture.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Found Cupid and the Create a Monster Dragon set tonight.

Cupid is very gothic looking. Her wings are actually bone. They look like ribs with a spine shaped into a heart. The Create a Monster sets are way cool. Kids are going to have a blast making their own monsters.
                                Great find, wolf. No sign of Cupid here yet, but Wal-Marts in my area are generally a disaster. No sign of Toralei or the other new basics either, though the Sweet 1600, Create-A-Monster and Skull Shores sets are hitting with all the resets. Those Sweet 1600 dolls are pricey at aprox. $25 each at Target, while Draculaura's car is only 19.99 (a price I expect to see increase shortly as the car is as much as $35 elsewhere).

I picked up the Skull Shores set today against my better judgment. Gil is a must, and they look great sitting next to Target's Gloom Beach 5-pack. The case breakdown seems to be 1 x Gil, 1 x Lagoona, 2 x Abbey, 2 x Ghoulia. Not sure why Draculaura is absent from these cases so far (or what exactly the deal is with that 'silver screen' Skull Shores Frankie popping up), but I hope it isn't another case of Mattel soliciting more dolls than retailers actually see, then said doll winding up as the lone exclusive in a retailer multipack. Speaking of, a Dead Tired Abbey appeared in the newest webisode...can't wait to see her in a DT multipack! Anyway, one of my Gil's stands is teal, the other's is orange. I hear there are variations in stand colors with this wave, for anyone who cares about that sort of thing...

Also, previously unrevealed 2012 basics have popped up on walmart.com...Jackson Jekyll (basic finally), Robecca Steam (clockwork/steampunk girl), Rochelle Goyle (gargoyle), and Venus McFlyTrap (wild guess).
                                Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jan 5, '12, 9:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎