Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I contacted Mattel to see if they would be selling the torso part of the body at some point so you can build all of the build a monsters....this was what they replied with

Our design and engineering teams put a lot of thought and energy into creating the perfect toy, and your disappointment concerns us.

The Monster High Create a Monster sets are not intended to allow the child to create multiple dolls using one Starter Set. The concept of the Create a Monster sets is to allow girls to follow their imagination in developing their own Monster High Doll and to be able to change their creation as their ideas of a new Monster High doll develop.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us. Our team has passed along your comments to our product development group.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      I contacted Mattel to see if they would be selling the torso part of the body at some point so you can build all of the build a monsters....this was what they replied with

Our design and engineering teams put a lot of thought and energy into creating the perfect toy, and your disappointment concerns us.

The Monster High Create a Monster sets are not intended to allow the child to create multiple dolls using one Starter Set. The concept of the Create a Monster sets is to allow girls to follow their imagination in developing their own Monster High Doll and to be able to change their creation as their ideas of a new Monster High doll develop.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us. Our team has passed along your comments to our product development group.
      For what its worth, there is a seller on the bay who has cast and sells the CaM torsos in multiple colors. Except that it is just the torso (ie: no upper arms or upper legs). When asked, he said he hadn't had time to do the upper arms or legs yet...? I haven't purchased anything from him and cannot recommend his services, but it is enlightening that more colorful options may be available in the future.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Not exactly sure what the new expansions packs are going to look like, but it does seem that Matty will give a few more bodies out and in some different colors. I don't think they will ever try to match the number of torsos to the selection of body parts. Sort of the same way with outfits; you can customize your doll with a new outfit or combo of outfits, but you do not necessarily get a new doll with each set.

some pics of the toy fair booth from Cool Toy Review
        http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2012TF/...er/image31.asp

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        was in target today and they had operetta and nefari, 1 of each. it's a start
        was also in TRU and found the two smaller build a monster expansion packs. picked those up for my daughter.

so rche, by body pack did you mean you will be able to buy a couple torsos? this was something i have been wondering about since the build a monster startede only has one torso and 2 of everything else and the expansion packs have no torso at all

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Is anyone out there finding the new Sweet 1600 Clawd Wolf? Is he one per case/absent from some cases? Every time I see new Sweet 1600 just stocked on shelves at TRU and Target there's never any Clawd...? I've managed to find every other character and a couple Wal-Mart exclusive Cupids, still no Clawd.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

If you had posted that about Clawd a week ago, I could have helped you out. Our local grocery store has these in stock and Clawd was there until this last weekend when somebody came in and wiped the stock out.

He is one per case with the 1600 set.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy never managed to find a Cupid. They were NOWHERE to be found around here. Our local Wal-mart even had a retraction posted in the doll aisle about how Cupid would not be available, despite that week's Wal-Mart flyer.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Chris,

You can reserve one online if they store is supposed to get stock in. You may have to check the website a couple of times, but if you can hit it when their shipping dept shows a case coming in, you can just purchase it online and then pick it up at your local store.

good luck

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by rche
                  If you had posted that about Clawd a week ago, I could have helped you out. Our local grocery store has these in stock and Clawd was there until this last weekend when somebody came in and wiped the stock out.

He is one per case with the 1600 set.
                  Thanks for the thought, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm still convinced he's not shipping in some cases...I just can't wrap my brain around looking at literally 10 Clawdeens on a shelf and not a single Clawd.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Cindy never managed to find a Cupid. They were NOWHERE to be found around here. Our local Wal-mart even had a retraction posted in the doll aisle about how Cupid would not be available, despite that week's Wal-Mart flyer.

Chris
                  Apparently that happened at many Wal-mart stores. Gotta love Matty distribution!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Surprise at Target on my way home tonight...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ I didn't know the Draculara Skulls shores was Hard to get ..., I saw her the other day.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                        ^^^ I didn't know the Draculara Skulls shores was Hard to get ..., I saw her the other day.
                        She was absent from early cases but is shipping now.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Found Operetta today at Wallyworld! Nice gift for the kids Easter basket next month. Must have been one somebody had hidden somewhere as it was the only MH doll on the shelf of any type.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Looks like eBay sellers have stepped up to provide torso parts.
                            monster high Hand made doll torso, will fit monster high limbs | eBay
                            monster high Hand made doll torso, will fit monster high limbs | eBay

Interesting to see where custom culture goes with these.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

GOWN LOT #4 Clothes Clothing Handmade 4 MONSTER HIGH DOLL Custom Fashion NEW | eBay

Wizard of Oz!

monster high OOAK custom Wizard of OZ Dorthy "Dott" 1 of 4 | eBay

monster high OOAK custom Wizard of OZ Scare Crow "Sheryl Crow" 2 of 4 | eBay

monster high OOAK custom Wizard of OZ Tin Man/Girl "Tina Tin" 3 of 4 | eBay

monster high OOAK custom Wizard of OZ Cowardly lion "Courage Lion" 4 of 4 | eBay
                              Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 18, '12, 3:01 PM.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Anybody see the Walmart Frankie Stein Black & White Skull Shores Limited Edition dolls yet. I saw them out in a couple Wallys today, grabbed one for my kid's Easter basket (shhh...don't tell!!!).
                                They're only $4.13, an odd price...they had lots of 'em too, so don't believe the "rare" tag on Ebay. but I still wouldn't dawdle if you want one. That's cheap enough for the scalpers to buy the lot.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎