Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Monster High Ghoul Spirit video game for Nintendo Wii and DS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0KuTFM3KQ

Nefera

Nefera!!! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 23, '11, 8:20 PM. Reason: added link
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Found a case of DotD2 just put out at K-Mart today! Still no sightings of GB 5-Pack at Targets here, though I here most Targets are resetting on the 30th.

Comment

• Anarchy
        Career Member
        • May 26, 2009

saw a bunch of the 5 packs at my target last night in manahawkin NJ
        Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up the Gloom Beach boxed set today (52.99 @ Target) and the 'Killer Style' duo...

I understand the GB set is controversial, but it's a must for MIB collectors (not to mention Ghoulia fans - check out that brain bag)! Beautiful set which really sells the GB line much better than the previously shipped assortment (which I passed on til now). The size alone makes it a cool piece. There's even a handle up top to carry it by.

The 'Killer Style' dolls are an interesting pair. Much like the 'School's Out' assortment, these are not labeled as such on the package, but were apparently solicited to retailers under this moniker, thus the name has stuck. So far they only appear to be popping up at smaller mom & pop shops and discount chains, not surprising considering the price-point and lack of new tooling. Cases consist of Frankie and Draculaura: you're basically looking at GB Draculaura in the Day at the Maul fashion pack outfit & GB Frankie (w/DT Frankie's hair) in the DatM fashion pack outfit (sans shopping bags & other accessories, PLUS new keychains). For casual collectors, there's really no reason to get these AND the DatM fashion pack. But as these two don't seem to be shipping to the big retailers, they could become rarer pieces down the road.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

So why is the GB set controversial?
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Harbingerboy
              Career Member
              • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
              The set is comprised of 4 reissued/re-packaged dolls with 1 brand new doll (Ghoulia) exclusive to this set, which is apparently a Target exclusive (though it isn't labeled as such).

While repacking old items with new certainly isn't a new practice for Mattel (or other toy companies), forcing consumers to buy product they already own for one new item is never popular, especially with moms.
              Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 27, '11, 8:47 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
                Probably more frustrating the controversial because it's the only way to get Gloom Beach Ghoulia so far. It kinda sucks for everyone that already bought the GB set last year. Because yout have to pay $52.99 for one figure you need and get a whole set of extras. The GB set is my least favorite series so I'm going to wait until GB Ghoulia is released as a single.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  ...I'm going to wait until GB Ghoulia is released as a single.
                  I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen at this point.

Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jul 27, '11, 9:02 PM.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Something I forgot to mention earlier...I also spotted about 3 cases of the Classroom assortment today. The box tops on all these were solid matte black, as MH box tops normally are. The ones I purchased a few days ago, however, had the dolls' names printed on the box tops in glossy black. Small thing to notice, but apparently the Classroom asst. is moving toward a slight packaging change.

And speaking of variations, I didn't realize until recently that S1 Clawdeen had a running change on the hands...standard on the originals, claws on the reissues.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 18, 2007

I was afraid of this...A Dawn of the Dance 3-pack has popped up in Fort Worth Texas, now on eBay, including reissues of DotD Frankie & Clawdeen with an all-new, EXCLUSIVE DotD Draculaura.

I think I'll be holding off on buying any new single releases for a while...

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                        I was afraid of this...A Dawn of the Dance 3-pack has popped up in Fort Worth Texas, now on eBay, including reissues of DotD Frankie & Clawdeen with an all-new, EXCLUSIVE DotD Draculaura.
                        Aww, man, that's weak. I already bought all the other ones. Hopefully these exclusives will get single releases eventually. Otherwise I'm gonna pass on them.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 18, 2007

Picked up Clawdeen's Room to Howl playset today...nice bookend to the Hydration Station for the Dead Tired series!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

What's the deal with the Jeckle and Hyde boys? Are they related?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

I actually only just saw these at my local Wal-Mart the other day and did think they were kinda cool. I may have to pick them up. I'll just tell the cashier I'm getting them for my daughter!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                                What's the deal with the Jeckle and Hyde boys? Are they related?
                                Same person.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎