Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

Just posted these in the classic toy boards. Monster High is looking good and my daughter is proof of that!!!

Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Apr 19, '11, 5:30 PM.
    If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
      Career Member
      • Nov 27, 2009

Fun stuff to see her in action!
      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
        Fun stuff to see her in action!
        It so cool seeing a little one still enjoy toys over video games. Quite the snazzy little dresser you have there, she herself is a doll!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
          Just posted these in the classic toy boards. Monster High is looking good and my daughter is proof of that!!!
          That is so cool! She has great taste in toys.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

cool stuff. I notice that TRu has good stock of these now. they had a ton of the coffin bed and Frankie Steins bed when I took my little one shopping on Sunday

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

New playset with new Lagoona doll and pet included.

Lagoona's Hydration Station

Monster High Lagoonas Hydration Station - Smyths Toys
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

OK, so there is a coffin for Draculaura, a lab table for Frankie, and a bacta tank for Lagoona. I want to what they come up with for the zombies to sleep in. Uh, do zombies sleep?

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

My daughter got into these late 2010. she likes to dress like draculara. she got a draculara doll and played with it ALOT!

Wolfie - I hear your love of the characters and I get the height difference but these are very much Bratish and are looking for the same buyer.

She was using the monster high website a bunch but often wile she was on it my browser would crash - sometimes the mac would even stall. now that we don't use the site we don't have problems. it may have been wriiten for specific browsers or more likely it wants to dump adware into PC platforms. since my mac doesn't know what to do with the exe files it locks up. (just guessin)

She has a MH journat taht is wonderful - it encourageds her writing and she carried it with her for 2 months. Now she has a a 99¢ journal with blank pages that she wrote monster high on the cover.

She checked out the novel from the library and I read it to her.

It is a bit racy for a 6/7 year old. I took sone literary liberties while reading to tone it down. The novel wanders for the first half but has lots of fun cultural references form the past 4 decades. the second half they try to make a point of not hiding who you are. it is kinda the current social issue of whether to come out of the closet or not and can we al live together knowing we are different but the author fumbles around and never really gets her message across. It gets lost in the caddiness and need to be popular and have the boy. I don't think it is a bad book but I am not sure who I would recommend it to. Prob middle school girls but even that audience needs pared down.

for Lily's Bday last week she got a couple of the light up pets.

anyhoo my kids love the dolls and we'll get some more.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

PS Lily wrote and directed this monster high video

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue

Wolfie - I hear your love of the characters and I get the height difference but these are very much Bratish and are looking for the same buyer.
                      I agree that they are after the same tween market. But I'll have to respectfully disagree on the other point. Bratz were influenced by the modern urban style that was so popular in the early 2000s and, in my opinion, Monster High has more of a retro flair in looks and style. The Dawn of the Dance outfits could easily pass as Jem outfits from the 80s.

She checked out the novel from the library and I read it to her.

It is a bit racy for a 6/7 year old. I took sone literary liberties while reading to tone it down. The novel wanders for the first half but has lots of fun cultural references form the past 4 decades.
                      I've read it too. There's nothing really bad in it but definitely better suited for a little bit old kids. I haven't got it yet but I've heard the second one is better. I will say though, I do way prefer the cartoon continuity.

anyhoo my kids love the dolls and we'll get some more.
                      I checked your video. It's great to see kids actually playing with and having fun with toys just like we did.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

Just surprised my wife with the Gloom Beach Clawdeen for Easter. Yes... I rock

These really are fun and I could care less who the target market is supposed to be, my 26 year old wife loves it and that's all the market I care to please

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                          Just surprised my wife with the Gloom Beach Clawdeen for Easter. Yes... I rock
                          That is so cool and sweet. You do rock.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

More new Monster High pics leaking. Looks to have been scanned from a Spanish toy fair catalog and uploaded to flickr. Not my pics.

Dolls with lockers. Ghoulia must be really getting popular!

loker | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gloom Beach Ghoulia

gloom | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Clawdeen's Bed

clawdenbed | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looks to be a new School Spirit dolls 3 pack

3 pack | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I believe this is the Dead Tired series.

pj | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

[Edit]

Looks to be fashion packs for Draculaura and Frankie

monster high clothes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 27, '11, 2:36 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

mmmmrrrrruhhhhhh -

*(go Ghoulia!!!)

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

G4's Attack of the Show tonight had a segment on Mattel's Comic Con exclusives for this year and the camera panned by a Ghoulia figure dressed as MH Zombie super hero Dead Fast. Hopefully the MH exclusive will be sold on Matty Collector this year. Last years figure was a pain to hunt down.
                                Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 28, '11, 7:05 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎