Not sure what's special about her yet.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by geoffdude
      Not sure what's special about her yet.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/newsimages...ots2/sdc13.jpg
      It's Ghoulia dressed up as her favorite super hero.

From the diary that comes with the regular Ghoulia doll:

"I started a new book today. Actually it is a graphic novel...okay comic book. It is all about a zombie boy who gets pecked by a radioactive humming bird and gains the power of super speed. I know it is just a made up story but a ghoul can dream can she not?"

Ghoulia is the nerdy girl monster and she is in cosplay for a convention. The doll even comes with a little doll sized comic book and shopping bag. You really could not get much more of a fitting convention exclusive.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 28, '11, 10:01 PM. Reason: Typos!! Wheeee!!!
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• geoffdude
        Banned
        • Apr 18, 2009

Ah... thanks for the what's what. I wondered what that book was in her hand.

Regards,

Geoff

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

I love Ghoulia.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

wish I could find that Frankenstein bed, looks useful for customs.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

That's cool, and I see Polly Pocket is doing the She-Ra thing this year.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

This is looking to easily become the best new toy line of the decade. Thanks for sharing the info!

Originally posted by Werewolf
                More new Monster High pics leaking. Looks to have been scanned from a Spanish toy fair catalog and uploaded to flickr. Not my pics.

Dolls with lockers. Ghoulia must be really getting popular!

loker | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gloom Beach Ghoulia

gloom | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Clawdeen's Bed

clawdenbed | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looks to be a new School Spirit dolls 3 pack

3 pack | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I believe this is the Dead Tired series.

pj | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

[Edit]

Looks to be fashion packs for Draculaura and Frankie

monster high clothes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Very large and clear pic of the Comic Con Ghoulia from AFI.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...DCC11MHDF1.jpg

So awesome.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Ghoulia is a great character...but I'm disappointed to see DotD Draculaura is not the sdcc exclusive. Hope she makes it out eventually to round out that subset.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I went Monster High shopping last night but didn't find anything new. However, I did come across some of the new 2011 Bratz dolls.

To give MGA credit they have toned down the umm...sleaze factor a great deal on these since I think starting with the fall 2010 series and some are actually kinda cute and sweet looking. After a quick glance of the official Bratz facebook it does look like MGA is noticing the change in the market and is considering toning down the dolls even futher with some updated head molds with out such extreme fish lips.

On to the doll. The quality of the doll is nice. But not quite Barbie nice. Especially in the hair. The Cloe I got is the basic level without the added articulation of the deluxe and more expensive dolls. I do find the removable feet over just swaping out shoes an odd but unique design choice.

Anyhoo, with that now out of the way, I can get to the point of all this. There's a point!? Yes, there is. Here is a height and style comparison to show the differences between various brands of popular fashion dolls.

Jem, My Scene, Barbie, Monster High and Bratz.

As you can see the Bratz doll is by far the shortest. The Bratz doll has a very over sized head with extremely large lips and stocky almost dwarf like proportions. Also people tend to forget Bratz was not the first fashion doll to have stylised proportions. Blythe and all those 80s Takara Barbies came first.

Besides, Monster High, my Scene has also been unfairly, in my opinion, compared to Bratz. They without a doubt aimed after the same market but My Scene is actually much closer to Jem in proportions.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; May 3, '11, 5:50 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

I just asked my 7yo daughter which of the above dolls she would pick to play with and she gave me this order. Barbie, Jem, Ghoulia, My Scene, then Bratz.

She told me the Bratz one looked rude and a bit crosseyed. She also told me the most beautiful one was Ghoulia and the one that looked most like a real person was the Jem. When I asked her why she would pick Barbie first she told me she just 'looks right'.

pretty interesting. We are not exactly a pink and purple Barbie household. My daughter is equally at home playing superheroes or jumping out of trees with lightsabers. Her first 12" doll type toy was a Kim Possible with a ginormous head and bendy wire body. Very interesting that she would say the Barbie is the number one pick. Mattel must know something.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
                          Very interesting that she would say the Barbie is the number one pick. Mattel must know something.
                          That was interesting and certainly helps explain why Barbie is still going strong for over 50 years now.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

I went Monster High shopping last night but didn't find anything new. However, I did come across some of the new 2011 Bratz dolls.

To give MGA credit they have toned down the umm...sleaze factor a great deal on these since I think starting with the fall 2010 series and some are actually kinda cute and sweet looking. After a quick glance of the official Bratz facebook it does look like MGA is noticing the change in the market and is considering toning down the dolls even futher with some updated head molds with out such extreme fish lips.

On to the doll. The quality of the doll is nice. But not quite Barbie nice. Especially in the hair. The Cloe I got is the basic level without the added articulation of the deluxe and more expensive dolls. I do find the removable feet over just swaping out shoes an odd but unique design choice.

Anyhoo, with that now out of the way, I can get to the point of all this. There's a point!? Yes, there is. Here is a height and style comparison to show the differences between various brands of popular fashion dolls.

Jem, My Scene, Barbie, Monster High and Bratz.

Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

As you can see the Bratz doll is by far the shortest. The Bratz doll has a very over sized head with extremely large lips and stocky almost dwarf like proportions. Also people tend to forget Bratz was not the first fashion doll to have stylised proportions. Blythe and all those 80s Takara Barbies came first.

Besides, Monster High, my Scene has also been unfairly, in my opinion, compared to Bratz. They without a doubt aimed after the same market but My Scene is actually much closer to Jem in proportions.
                            That Bratz doll look deformed bleh!!!! Love the first edition myscene It's a beautiful doll and my fav of the myscenes I have one saved for my daughter for when she's a little older.....

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                              That Bratz doll look deformed bleh!!!! Love the first edition myscene It's a beautiful doll and my fav of the myscenes
                              You really know your stuff and I agree the first edition My Scenes are fantastic. The Bratz went for an urban contemporary look that was popular at the time and the early My Scenes went with a retro 70s style right down to the bell bottoms, beaded purses and feathered back Farah hair. Awesome quality and absolutely beautiful dolls that totally put the Bratz to shame.
                              Last edited by Werewolf; May 3, '11, 8:49 PM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                                OH JES!!
                                • Jul 21, 2005

You really know your stuff and I agree the first edition My Scenes are fantastic. The Bratz went for an urban contemporary look that was popular at the time and the early My Scenes went with a retro 70s style right down to the bell bottoms, beaded purses and feathered back Farah hair. Awesome quality and absolutely beautiful dolls that totally put the Bratz to shame.
                                My Mom was a Barbie collector..... so I have a bit of knowledge of babs at times.

Agree Myscenes blew the Bratz away. The dolls are stunning. although i think they were discontinued here in America i could be wrong.

I did a few Kitbashes with them a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎