X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by trekercollecter
    I have the USA OLyimpic team, first jordan, kareem, Magic from the late 80's. All you sports fan out there need to give me a shout if you would like to buy rookie cards or auto's of your faves! I have a huge collection of sports memorabilia that I would be interrested in selling or a cash/trade deal on mego stuff. Hey 2cool I have a mint Dam Marino rookie and you Frisco fans I have a few rookies and autos as well. LMK. TC
    The Dream team set was awesome
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BENDY
      Career Member
      • Jan 28, 2003

I Need A 89 Danny Noonan From The Cowboys To Finish My Dallas Set. Anybody Have A Loose One??

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
        The Dream team set was awesome
        that set was $50 when it first came out. always wanted one but didnt want to pay that price. finally found a set mib for $15 shipped last month. best deal ever!

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
          that set was $50 when it first came out. always wanted one but didnt want to pay that price. finally found a set mib for $15 shipped last month. best deal ever!
          wow that's awesome

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

I am chiming in a bit late here although better late than never I suppose. I seen this thread for the last couple of days and thought that it would have disappeared pretty fast. Nice to see that it is still here and members are still talking about the good old days of collecting SLU's. I remember those well to. I have Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Legends, golf and a few other misc. pieces like Stadium Stars and etc. I starting buying them up in 1995. I had and still have a lot of some of the big names mentioned in previous posts. (somewhere in my collection) No doubt on the very bottom of my collection of totes since SLU's fizzled out some time ago. The only real reason that I ever started collecting these was out of boredom when I was actually hunting for Hot Wheels and did not find any cool wheels. I just hate leaving a store empty handed. Seems like such a waste. A friend of mine that would go with me on some of my hunts actually told me about them or I probably would have never bothered with them in the first place. He told me about the Hockey goalies being real sought after and commanding a little dough reno at the time. He didn't have the bucks to shell out of his own pocket when it came to buying cases or lots of pieces at a time so we made a deal. While I checked out the Hot Wheel cases (when there was some) he would pick up the cases of SLU's and I was the money man. He would sell them at a good price at the flea market and we both made money on them. Some times he would just pick out the good pieces out of the cases when he could. That of course was back in the day when one could still open up the cases in stores and take what they wanted without the store clerks and managers throwing a hissy fit because they were not getting them first for their buddies. When I was by myself I really did not keep up with the who was who as far as what to grab in the SLU figures. Some I knew about others I did not so for the most part I just started buying them by the case when I found them. Kind of like shoot first ask questions later. We had so many of these darn things that he would blow the commons out for less than what we actually paid for them. I "think" these things were like $6.99 each in their prime. He sold the commons on a separate table at the flea market for like $5.00 each and they sold like hot cakes for a good while. We still ended up making money when he sold the good pieces for way more than what I paid for them. Then of course came the down turn in the market and it was like a light switch being turned off. I always kept at least one of everything for myself thinking like everyone else that they would still be worth a pretty good price later. NOT! Well not as of now anyway. That was then and this is now. We all know how that story ended. I ended up stuck with a bunch of pieces, but they were paid for by the others that sold so really there is no big loss here. I still think they are kinda neat pieces because it reminds me of the good old days of running around stores and collecting with friends, trading with people etc. It was amazing the amount of people that was collecting these at the time. We would run into different dealers, people from all over and of course they each had a story or two to tell. That was the fun of it. Kind of like Mego collecting. I just wish that it would have been Mego's instead of SLU's.

I have seen the McFarlane pieces which look very nice and much more detailed. I just did not want another repeat of the SLU's and Spawn figures (that is another story) so I steered clear of collecting them. The only one I have bought of the McFarlane pieces is a Dallas Cowboys - Tony Romo. The only reason that I bought it was that he was dating Jessica Simpson (who I adore BTW). I wanted to eventually do a diorama some day with Mego Klingon's surrounding him getting ready to fire their phasers at him for messing with my woman #2. Ahh the fun we have with toys!
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I think after '92 is when Hasbro caught on to the collectibility aspect and started short printing figures and variants. The one that comes to mind is Dennis Rodman. There was regular Dennis and then Dennis with blonde hair, Dennis with pink hair and maybe a few other colors.

Our local TRU used to let you put in a raincheck for the actual figure you wanted and they would actually honor it. After a while, it was so out of control, they stopped.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Adam West
                I think after '92 is when Hasbro caught on to the collectibility aspect and started short printing figures and variants. The one that comes to mind is Dennis Rodman. There was regular Dennis and then Dennis with blonde hair, Dennis with pink hair and maybe a few other colors.

Our local TRU used to let you put in a raincheck for the actual figure you wanted and they would actually honor it. After a while, it was so out of control, they stopped.
                I remember the Rodman's, it was hard enough to find him let alone the variant

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

I remember the Rodman's
                  I remember those as well. All the different hair colors. What a joke! I think I even have some of the head liners of him. They are like mini bobble heads. I am not sure if that was the correct name of them as it has been some time. All I know is that peeps that were collecting Rodman was wanting those to.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• goldenryan
                    coy member
                    • Jul 13, 2007

i like to get some of the early nba ones. the early jazz are damn near impossible. some of the 1989 and 89 nfl are still pricey too. althought probably half as much as they were in 2000.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by goldenryan
                      i like to get some of the early nba ones. the early jazz are damn near impossible. some of the 1989 and 89 nfl are still pricey too. althought probably half as much as they were in 2000.
                      the first Malone and Stockton are the rarest most valuable fig's in SLU's

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 9, 2008

I too collect these , but very Limited and mostly carded. I have managed to get all The Boston Bruins , Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics , and New England Patriots figures carded. I also have a few non Boston players , Like Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Mark Mcgwire. I also have some 12" inchers Bobby Orr, Gretzky, Cy Young, and Babe Ruth.
                        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jasonmego1277
                          I too collect these , but very Limited and mostly carded. I have managed to get all The Boston Bruins , Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics , and New England Patriots figures carded. I also have a few non Boston players , Like Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Mark Mcgwire. I also have some 12" inchers Bobby Orr, Gretzky, Cy Young, and Babe Ruth.
                          I have a Vikings Rookie Moss if you wanna trade ?

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 9, 2008

I have a Vikings Rookie Moss if you wanna trade ?
                            Thanks for the offer I actually just picked on of these up. Otherwise I would have definitely been all over this.
                            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎