The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel to make movie likeness Ghostbusters toys!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel to make movie likeness Ghostbusters toys!

Goodnews everybody, finally Ghostbusters figures that actually look like the actors.

Mattel Set to Launch Collectible Line for Classic Comedy Blockbuster “Ghostbusters” - Mattel - ToyNewsI.com
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

that's pretty cool,i wonder in the Bill Murray will have the craters in his face

I always wondered why they only released the cartoon ones and not the movie ones
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
      GL of Mego Sector
      • Oct 8, 2007

I am so excited for this! and I think it was mostly Bill Murray who was holding up on letting them use his likeness for any figures or products and one one wanted to produce just three of the four. But I think with him doing this new game he must have lifted the restrictions. All I can say is "Who ya gonna call?... He-man!"
      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Awesome !!!! Awesome !!! Awesome !!! I am looking forward to these.
        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

Cool.

Now i'll be able to get a Winston head to Mego size, i've already got the other 3.
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

Anyone has the link to Matty Mattel???? As the 12" figures will only be available there.
            Ray

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by captact
              Anyone has the link to Matty Mattel???? As the 12" figures will only be available there.
              Ray
              Link

MattyCollector.com Online Store Welcome

But the only thing Ghostbusters there right now is the press release.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Great line for me to collect.

Bad scale for me to collect.

I wonder...if there are real great 12 inch representations of
                the "guys" will they be easily utilized for 8 inch scale shrinks?

Haven't seen an influx of customizers here going at INDY JONES
                in 8 inch scale since the intro of new INDY 12 inch and 4 inch toys
                ----so I'm not too hopeful.

Either way----good news for GB fans.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by huedell

Bad scale for me to collect.
                  Yeah, the only bad thing about the new figures is the scale makes a Ecto-1 and a Firehouse playset pretty much out of the question. Maybe the Real Ghostbusters figures will be smaller? We should see some pics by this weekend during the Comic Con.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Yeah, the only bad thing about the new figures is the scale makes a Ecto-1 and a Firehouse playset pretty much out of the question. Maybe the Real Ghostbusters figures will be smaller? We should see some pics by this weekend during the Comic Con.
                    I was thinking the exact same thing...

1) Maybe those Real Ghostbusters figures will "fill the GB collecting void"
                    even IF they are "cartoony"

2) Let's see some pics of the stuff---cause:
                    a) The Real Ghostbusters figures might be cooler than we expect
                    and...
                    b) the 12 inch stuff might be so dang fine---that they are "must haves"
                    regardless of the size (altho' I'd still try to see if I could convert them
                    to 8 inch eventually!)
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Pics from the NYCC.

Good news: They look great.

Bad news: Matty Collector only.

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 9, 2008

Those look good . I wanty . I didnt read anything but any dates on when available through matty Collector . Com yet ?
                        In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Okay Werewolf---help me out here

I looked at the pic selection

What I see are INCREDIBLE looking figures and accessories

I also see unpainted gray thingamigigs

Are the incredible (colorful) figures/accessories clothed 12 inch dolls
                          and the gray things, unpainted smaller figures?

Curious over here.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                            Okay Werewolf---help me out here

I looked at the pic selection

What I see are INCREDIBLE looking figures and accessories

I also see unpainted gray thingamigigs

Are the incredible (colorful) figures/accessories clothed 12 inch dolls
                            and the gray things, unpainted smaller figures?

Curious over here.
                            The 12 inch painted ones are the "two ups" of the 6 inch scale grey ones. The 12 inch clothed dolls and the 6 inch figures will be exclusive to Matty Collector.

I still have hopes that the Real Ghostbusters figures will be mass market toys.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              The 12 inch painted ones are the "two ups" of the 6 inch scale grey ones. The 12 inch clothed dolls and the 6 inch figures will be exclusive to Matty Collector.

I still have hopes that the Real Ghostbusters figures will be mass market toys.
                              Oh---at first glance I thought the colorful ones were clothed 12 inchers---
                              you're saying they are just VERY detailed beautifully painted 12 inchers
                              AND clothed ones.(?) I'll just have to study the available pics again.
                              No biggie.

That's cool...as they look great (regardless of the intimidating large scale size).

The 6 inch gray ones are just prototype whatevers (i.e. nothing to be
                              concerned about as a collector of "regular toys").(?)

And the Real Ghostbusters have yet to be unveiled(?)

Alrighty.

One more time I'll say those figures look smashing...and thanks for the info Werewolf

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎