X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
    I'm no expert, but I think vintage Lionel's are always top dollar.

If your really interested, find out what it is and do some research...

It could be a biggie
    It really depends on what it is. My parents had a lionel locomotive/tender box plus a few odds and ends from the 1940's.

About 15 years ago, I took it into a train shop to see how much it would cost to repair it to working order. The person took a look at it and told me the train was a mass production model and the cost to repair would be more than just buying one in working order. It wasn't a sales tactic or anything as he wasn't trying to sell me anything. I still have it but it's just a display item.

I do have a working Lionel that my brother-in-law gave me about 13 years ago that he purchased from a hobby shop where he worked. We pull it out at Christmas Time and get it going around the Christmas tree.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I still have a Lionel set with extra cars I got around '73 and a Tyco size set as well. I also have 3 of the 4 Tyco hero box cars (missing Superman). I'm torn between seliing them since I have no room to put them out or just keeping them.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

My Grandfather was engrossed in Marklin when he died, he discovered my father's set from the forties and built around it. His unfinished diorama still sits in the basement, I tried to complete it but I never had his talent.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I used to play with my HO scale train ALL the time in the basement...I still have it and tried to set it up a few years back but all of the magic was gone as the engines no longer worked properly and many of the buildings looked like Kong or Godzilla had trampled through...ahhh, Plasticville....such memories!
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎