Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I remember waiting for that mail-in figure from the Kenner 3 3/4 inch line. I also loved Kenner's 12" Indy!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• megonaught
      Career Member
      • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
      Umm...then collect less of it?

Okay, okay...this is getting hammered into the ground--as it came up
      on another thread about collecting---but why complain if a line is too big
      if you're still getting a choice of every other character in the SW/IJ universe.

The answer?

Because such person feels compelled to "collect them all"...even
      when they don't want to---that's not a fun hobby---that's an unhealthy
      obssessive thing going on.

The reason this bothers me is because as far as Hasbro is concerned
      all those ANH Han Solo variations are helping to keep the line alive
      and desirable to extend and extend---I say they've earned the right to
      behave this way---as long as TARKIN---ADMR. OZZEL, ICE CREAM GUY
      etc. etc. exist.

I say, bring on 40 Han Solo variations if it make's em feel better about their line.
      dude i am not tring to start a debate or argument and for the record the star wars movies are my favorite movies.
      i just think hasbro has over did it on some figures.
      if they want them just keep producing more to cover demand like they did the vintage line.

and i dont think hasbro is in danger of running out of figures to produce.
      theres still plenty to make and with the clone wars cartoons and the tv series in the works they will have even more.
      Action Jackson is his name.
      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

I agree with you totally they do need to sort out the package and diffrent versions, why not go into the expanded universe more, and indy has the comics and books to do the same
        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megonaught
          dude i am not tring to start a debate or argument and for the record the star wars movies are my favorite movies.
          i just think hasbro has over did it on some figures.
          if they want them just keep producing more to cover demand like they did the vintage line.

and i dont think hasbro is in danger of running out of figures to produce.
          theres still plenty to make and with the clone wars cartoons and the tv series in the works they will have even more.
          I have no doubt that STAR WARS movies are your favorite movies (or at least
          one of your top) as anyone that DIDN'T feel that way about STAR WARS
          wouldn't be so set on having such a complete collection...its just common
          sense.

Moving on...

You mentioned that you "dont think hasbro is in danger of running out of
          figures to produce" That's great but, it looks like you missed my point---
          which was that HASBRO releases all those variations and redos of the same
          characters because they believe it helps sales...helps the line... and if THAT
          is what it takes to have them happily continue on for years with
          their rights to make the line (and introduce entirely new characters),
          then I think its silly to complain about having too many character variations to
          collect....I mean, why collect them all if you don't WANT too?

You also mention: "if they want them... just keep producing more to cover
          demand like they did the vintage line." The reason they do not do things the way
          that you've described is that the vintage line existed three decades ago and
          technology and the toy business and how it produces toys has changed
          drastically.

Even with those changes...they STILL had figure/packaging changes and variations
          back in the day...and the reason they had those things is because THAT'S how the
          toy business works----constant re-evaluation of the toy to help it sell better---to help
          make a profit....and keep the line going....which is what every fan should want in the end.
          Shouldn't they?

Finally, if you do not want to discuss this, I understand. Just reacting
          to what I see as a bizarre collecting trait shared by quite a few on these
          boards and not just yourself....a trait that is more about obsessive behavior
          than merely enjoying the parts of the line that are up your alley.
          Last edited by huedell; Mar 26, '08, 11:52 AM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megonaught
            Career Member
            • Jan 29, 2008

i agree with the points and you make sense, hasbro when they make say a new han anh they r always making the newer one better than the prevous one.
            i am one who in the past tried to get everything they made but just from the sheer size of the collection unless you stayed on top of it from the start you just cant do it.
            and then theres all the exclusives.

i am like alot of collectors i just get the ones i like now rather than go nuts tring to collect them all.
            Action Jackson is his name.
            Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

monkeyman - marion

hiya Megonaught,

Do you still need the IJ figures. Send me a PM, I may be able to help you out.

rche

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎