X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brannon86
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 20, 2007

Space 1999

Anybody got any Space 1999 toys? If so, what you got?
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I just sold some recently........

Coolest item was a Grand Toys "Hawk" --- actually an Eagle MOC

About the size of a Matchbox --- and it even had wheels

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

In the 80's I literally had hundreds of 1999 toys, it's the thing that got me into Mego collecting. Now I'm down to the palitoy figures, Konami Eagles, comics, magazines and about 30 paperbacks.

I miss some of the items like the Comlocks, chest radio and the Remco belt. Not to mention the Mattel Eagle and Moonbase playset.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by type1kirk
        I just sold some recently........

Coolest item was a Grand Toys "Hawk" --- actually an Eagle MOC

About the size of a Matchbox --- and it even had wheels
        That was by AHI, Grand just distributed it into Canada. They also made Captain Zantor's ship!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
          That was by AHI, Grand just distributed it into Canada. They also made Captain Zantor's ship!
          I didn't know that ...

I never seen or even heard of Zantor's ship as a Roadstars ....

Pretty cool

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

I've got the Palitoy figures, Dinky Eagles, Amsco carboard cut out set, Mattel figures and Eagle, Mattel Whirlibird Eagle and some cool AHI stuff as well. I went a bit crazy over the last year but I'm glad I did.

Comment

• Action Martin
              Apeonaut
              • Dec 30, 2007

Back in the 70s I had the Mattel figures of Landau, Bain, and the old man. I also had the vinyl playset. I forget if the figures came with it or not. I also had the Eagle with the three orange jumpsuit action figures. One of them was in a seated position so you couldn't use him for anything.

And I never saw an episode of Space: 1999.
              Scott

Comment

• Seeker
                Neptunians RULE!
                • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by Action Martin
                Back in the 70s I had the Mattel figures of Landau, Bain, and the old man. I also had the vinyl playset. I forget if the figures came with it or not. I also had the Eagle with the three orange jumpsuit action figures. One of them was in a seated position so you couldn't use him for anything.

And I never saw an episode of Space: 1999.
                I had the same figures and sets you had. That Mattel Eagle was something. I never knew mego had space 1999 figures till much later. The Mattel versions were pretty lame with not much articulation and no aliens.

Sigh* here it is 2008 and no Moon bases yet.
                Lo there do I see my Father.
                Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                Lo they do call me.
                They bid me take my place among them.
                In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by dogman67
                  Anybody got any Space 1999 toys? If so, what you got?
                  I loved Space 1999 as a kid and still enjoy it today. I used to watch it all of the time as a kid. I must have seen every episode as a kid. I originally had The Mattel figures of Commander Koenig, Dr. Russell and Prof. Bergman (sp?) and the Moon base Alpha play set. I had and still have an original record from Space 1999. "Some day" when I feel like it I will transfer the record over to CD and listen to it again. It is still in great shape. I always wanted the Space 1999 Eagle one, but for some reason did not ever get it as a kid. I can remember seeing the boxes lining a shelf in a store my parents used to take me to years ago. Since that time I do not remember what had happened to my original Space 1999 figures so I bought them again a little while back. I also bought up some of the CTVT Space 1999 figures. This time around I bought a Space 1999 Eagle one in the box. Some how I ended up with a DINKY Space 1999 Eagle One also. I don't remember how that came about. I am not complaining though.

p.s. I also have an original Space 1999 wax box.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• censy
                    thread killer
                    • Sep 26, 2007

partying like its 1999

Hello,

I have the three mattel Space 1999 figures. Though they are inferior to the mego/palitoy ones, I really dig them. The likenesses are good.

I have been toying with getting the CTVTs figures, but other than getting Maya, have resisted so far. I think it kind of bothers me that there is no Koenig or Russell in the bunch, since they were the two leads.

Chris

Comment

• Seeker
                      Neptunians RULE!
                      • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by censy
                      Hello,

I have the three mattel Space 1999 figures. Though they are inferior to the mego/palitoy ones, I really dig them. The likenesses are good.

I have been toying with getting the CTVTs figures, but other than getting Maya, have resisted so far. I think it kind of bothers me that there is no Koenig or Russell in the bunch, since they were the two leads.

Chris
                      I recently saw a magazine add for CTVTs and wondered about that myself. An the other hand I loved the space suit versions of the different pilots ,Allen Carter, etc. I also like the aliens. Too bad they didnt hit America. (At least I never saw them here) They would have gone great with the other Star Trek figures.
                      Lo they do call me.

Comment

• censy
                        thread killer
                        • Sep 26, 2007

Originally posted by Seeker
                        I recently saw a magazine add for CTVTs and wondered about that myself. An the other hand I loved the space suit versions of the different pilots ,Allen Carter, etc. I also like the aliens. Too bad they didnt hit America. (At least I never saw them here) They would have gone great with the other Star Trek figures.
                        Sorry...do you mean the Palitoy Space: 1999 figures? Agreed, would love to have 'em.

If you mean the CTVT versions, they are available in the states. Online and in some comic/collectible shops. In the Boston area, the Newbury Comics chain is carrying them.

Chris

Comment

• Seeker
                          Neptunians RULE!
                          • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by censy
                          Sorry...do you mean the Palitoy Space: 1999 figures? Agreed, would love to have 'em.

If you mean the CTVT versions, they are available in the states. Online and in some comic/collectible shops. In the Boston area, the Newbury Comics chain is carrying them.

Chris
                          I'm sorry I'm talking about the add in ToyShop magazine April 2007. The one that had the breaking story about the repro trek Megos.

The add was for a company called MJVAR. The had alot of mego looking stuff. The Space 1999 was like 20 figures for $99. I'm not sure of the difference between CTVT and Palitoy. I know Ive never seen most of those 1999 figures before. I thought they came from the same UK company.

Are the ones your talking about in Boston New or from the 70s?
                          Lo they do call me.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

I'm not sure of the difference between CTVT and Palitoy

For the novice

Quick way to tell if your figure is Palitoy or CTVT's.......

If your figure is broken in the package ... It's CTVT's

If your figure has 2 left (or right) arms --- or legs .... It's CTVT's
                            Last edited by Mikey; Mar 12, '08, 6:31 PM.

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Apeonaut
                              • Dec 30, 2007

LOL!
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎