Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff you are sooooo sorry you sold (or lost or gave away)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I though I was a financial genius when I sold all of my boxed WGSH to Joe Northrup and Nathan Leventhal for $10 a pop. That's two to three times what I... well, what my mom paid for them. We were moving from Philly to Lake Havasu City, AZ, and I had to get rid of most of my belongings. That would include selling my room-covering lot of KISS posters at the Roosevelt Flea Market for 50-cents a piece. I even managed to sell my colored-in color-by-numbers KISS posters!

Years later, I tracked down Nathan knowing his mother was a pack rat and my original Megos might be buried in his old bedroom, probably under even more stuff his mother would've loaded in there. I even offered to help clean out his mom's house! He said he wasn't going to tackle that task until she passes away. Now, I'm not one to wish for anyone's will health, but... KIDDING, kidding!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• tay666
      Career Member
      • Dec 27, 2008

My biggest regret is selling off the original Star Wars figure stand.
      Back around 2001-2002 I sold off my vintage Star Wars collection. Carded figures, loose figures, playsets, posters, games, everything.
      Since I didn't have a digital camera, I had to sell on ebay with no pictures (which was actually a thing back then). So I didn't get top dollar, but I did pretty good.
      Cleared a bunch of space and had a nice pile of cash.

Fast forward about 10-12 years and I see someones nice display of the figure stand and all the loose figures on it. And I realize how nice it looks, and how little space it really occupies. Ever since then I have kicked myself for letting that go. Especially since I think I got like $20 for the stand with cardboard backdrop.
      I know I didn't get a lot for the loose figures either. Matter of fact, I never did sell Luke or Leia. No one wanted them, so I gave them to the kids to play with, and eventually I am sure the wife tossed them when cleaning out the kids toys.

I've let go of other things that I kind of regret, but that is the one that really hurts now.

Comment

• publiusr
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 23, 2015

The big Eagle.

Just shoot me,

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎