X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Favorite Building Toy?

Out of Lincoln Logs, Legos, Tinkertoys, Erector Sets I'd have to go with Legos. It seemed like every kid had Legos and Tinkertoys and you could make so much out of them. Lincoln Logs seemed too limited and the Erector Set always was intimidating to me as a youngster.

Lincoln Logs
    0%
    Legos
    0%
    Tinkertoys
    0%
    Erector Set
    0%
    Other (Cardboard, Your Own Imagination, Etc.)
    0%

The poll is expired.

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • Johnny
    Salty
    • Oct 1, 2003

I loved my Tinker Toys. I have bought several vintage sets on Ebay in the last few years and bought a few sets at Thrift Stores.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

I went with other because I had a can of Playskool Bricks, which were like Legos but had red, white and clear plastic bricks along with doors and windows that could actually swing open. I loved making spaceships with them and I would use the blue and yellow one by one bricks as people.

I had Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys but the Playskool Bricks were my favorite toy.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Tinker Toys. I was always making some kind of laser gun with them. They seemed perfect for making a home-made version of the guns they had in Black Hole.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Despite their lawyer, I have to vote Lego.

Comment

• Lora
            Museum Patron
            • Dec 30, 2006

Legos of course

Comment

• Merlyn1976
              Fist of Khonshu
              • Mar 29, 2005

Legos...I still have a 55 gallon drum filled to the brim with them....my older two kids LOVE to play with them....
              "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• English Paul
                Archive cased.
                • Aug 17, 2005

Call me a naive European but there is only Lego that I recognise from that list. Erector looks very similar to what we know as Meccano.
                It`s Lego all the way for me. I hated Meccano because most constructions involved bending the metal plates and the next build meant bending it back, metal fatigue set in and it snapped.
                My son got some Meccano for christmas and it`s horrible stuff. The bending bit has been resolved using different materials but the tiny nuts and bolts are horrible for kids. It`s so badly thought out that the spanner provided is too big to fit in the gaps - hardly the way to keep kids attention.

Lego is still very popular in our house, especially with the Star Wars and other licenced sets.
                The Space and Technic Lego was my favourite as a kid. I still have my Technic car chassis - the biggest Lego set I ever owned.
                "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

Gotta go with legos, although I loved playing with lincoln logs too.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Legos were all I ever had so it's hard to compare. Had many a enjoyable afternoon playing with them!

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

I was a leg man...er...lego man back then

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Legos for me
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                          Pat Troughton in disguise
                          • Nov 21, 2007

Lego is still tops for me....except one thing...now I have kids of my own and they've all had Lego at some point inevitably at some point in the dark of night you WILL tred on a Lego block in bare feet....IT IS THE WORST KIND OF PAIN PEOPLE!!!!...I mean nails, tacks, plugs...NOTHING compared to standing on a Lego brick.
                          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• ramsey37
                            • Jun 18, 2001

Yep!

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                            Lego is still tops for me....except one thing...now I have kids of my own and they've all had Lego at some point inevitably at some point in the dark of night you WILL tred on a Lego block in bare feet....IT IS THE WORST KIND OF PAIN PEOPLE!!!!...I mean nails, tacks, plugs...NOTHING compared to standing on a Lego brick.
                            Especially when you catch it right on the arch of your foot, where it's nice and tender. Nothin' like the ol' Lego dance in the wee hours, when you've got a full bladder and a block stuck in your foot!
                            George

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                              Pat Troughton in disguise
                              • Nov 21, 2007

You speak with the wisdom of one that has shared my pain ramsey......maybe we should start a "I survived a Lego attack" thread.
                              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎