Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toy Timelord
    Banned
    • Aug 4, 2014

I like the new figures, but I understand how someone nostalgic for the vintage line might not.

The vintage line was not a success, though. The concept and gimmicks were outshone by the Transformers. Still, I like the charm, and design of the Robo Force, and think the license is in good hands.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I've finally added a Nakajima Astro Mu 5 figure to my collection. You can read about them here http://www.toyboxdx.com/library/un-nakajima.html. Mines missing his gloves, boots and really unfortunately his helmet, and his crotch is broken, and he was still expensive. Hopefully some items will come up in parts lots one day. Also got the yellow walder/Muton figure from Henshin Cyborg repro line. That one I got for a steal so they kind of balance out I think. I've put some other figures in for size comparisons sake.

10736203_10152576099999667_419928309_n.jpg10735780_10152576099924667_765577225_n.jpg10735922_10152576100309667_215775633_n.jpg10723494_10152576101789667_612341432_n.jpg

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Hot stuff and good read! Phrase of the day: pipe cleaner skeletons!

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Snagged this Yoda at a Toy Con NJ today. Kind of a consolation prize as it was kind of gut punch to see Mark Huckabone there and not have the available funds to pick up anything I needed from him.

Comment

• msenger76
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

thats a consolation prize i'll take any day!

Comment

• Toy Timelord
              Banned
              • Aug 4, 2014

Is it just a bad photo, or is the print on the card really that fuzzy?

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                Is it just a bad photo, or is the print on the card really that fuzzy?
                Just a bad pic. Couldn't see mt to get a good one for some reason.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                  Banned
                  • Aug 4, 2014

Nice. Yoda's a fan fave. Hope you got a good deal on it.

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                    I've finally added a Nakajima Astro Mu 5 figure to my collection. You can read about them here http://www.toyboxdx.com/library/un-nakajima.html. Mines missing his gloves, boots and really unfortunately his helmet, and his crotch is broken, and he was still expensive. Hopefully some items will come up in parts lots one day. Also got the yellow walder/Muton figure from Henshin Cyborg repro line. That one I got for a steal so they kind of balance out I think. I've put some other figures in for size comparisons sake.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12948[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12951[/ATTACH]
                    Nakajima of the Turtle mark. Any Astro Mu is a good Astro Mu. Congratulations! I have always wanted one of these figures. Great Classic Toy Line!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Golddragon71
                      Just got my Mego Comic Action Heroes in the Mail today.
                      Here he is with his straight limbed brother Pocket Heroes Aquaman and Big Daddy World's Greatest Super Heroes 8" Aquaman

last year, i had mentioned going for Batman and Robin and slowly building them up over the year but some of my other interests interfered and I was forced to put that project on hold
                      Welcome, Golddragon!

How did I miss this? Lovely stuff!

I have a nice PH Aquaman courtesy of a member here, but no CA version---yet.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by VintageMike
                        Snagged this Yoda at a Toy Con NJ today.
                        One of my all time favorite Kenners. Such a great little figure.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                          • Jan 22, 2008

Snagged a reasonably price Tomland Rot GID version. I'm slowly closing in on finishing the series, just needing the usual suspects now (Oov, Dral, Yick, Ah). Here's he is in comparison to the characters he's most often associated with being a knock off of Rom and a Cylon

10733493_10152590796089667_1543933069_n.jpg

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

nice family portrait!
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megomania
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                              nice family portrait!
                              Courtesy reply 😃

Comment

• megotastic
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Oct 18, 2012

i recentl;y got a captain action Dr Evil an original- the clothes are from the re-issue-but the figures original.
                                surely the best alien figure ever made-and the first supervillain figure EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎