X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageJoe70
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Neutron X
    Congrats on Sea Wolf and Trapper finds. The Sea Wolf is an all time favorite of mine with many happy memories.
    Thanks Neutron X....Funny, the Sea Wolf was not a big favorite of mine as a kid, but it sure seems popular among collectors today...Especially MIB...In fact, alot of the more prized sets came from that last year or two of the Joe run....The Big Trapper holds a fond memory in that it was the only Joe item my older brother ever bought me for Christmas...But I do hate how they got cheap with it with the cardboard seats and all....But great box art...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Here are my October Pickups. I've been on a buying tear. The Lakeside Green Hornet wasn't in on my wish list but $35 seemed like a great deal IMG_20161031_123212890.jpg

Comment

• Golddragon71
        • Nov 22, 2010

I've been on a Planet of the Apes tear lately so after getting various NECA and Medicom figures I decided I needed the Original.
        Today I Just got an original MEGO Cornelius from Planet of the Apes in the mail from Ebay

Here he is with my full collection so far

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

MSV 1.jpg

Picked up my grail today. Found an Adventure team Mobile Support Vehicle. To my mind possibly the coolest toy ever to grace a store shelf. ( yes even cooler than the little guys USS Flagg). So stoked to finally own this, I've wanted it since I was bout seven. I had the Big Trapper, or as I like to call it, the Big Disappointment, but never owned an MSV.

Allow me to explain:
          Imagine being a seven year old boy during the hey day of the Adventure Team. You've got the HQ, the helicopter, the training center( the Sears exclusive with the huge vinyl play mat), pretty much all you could want. The one hole in your collection, a land vehicle for your Joes. You visit your cousins who have a plethora of great 70's toys, Megos including heros, Apes and Trek; Big Jim and his camper, Safari Jeep and tent; Evel Knievel with his Scramble Van, Trail bike, and Stunt and Crash Car. And of course AT Joes. And with those Joe's, the best part, the Mobile Support Vehicle, possibly the best vehicle made in the era.

Imagine asking for the MSV for birthdays and Christmas for years and never getting it. Then finally on your 12th birthday, when it's time for gifts, a HUGE box is brought out, you can hardly contain yourself, "FINALLY" you think, the toy of your dreams. You tear open the paper and discover...

the Big Trapper.

Ok, you think, lets get it out maybe it's cooler than the MSV. But alas once assembled. It pales in comparison. Cardboard seats, no detachable front, no light, a cage with elastic bars?!?!?!no real good play features in comparison. I was crushed.

So know after 40 plus years, it's finally mine. I'm down right giddy.
          Last edited by Ninersphan1; Nov 19, '16, 5:02 PM.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]19806[/ATTACH]

Picked up my grail today. Found an Adventure team Mobile Support Vehicle. To my mind possibly the coolest toy ever to grace a store shelf. ( yes even cooler than the little guys USS Flagg). So stoked to finally own this, I've wanted it since I was bout seven. I had the Big Trapper, or as I like to call it, the Big Disappointment, but never owned an MSV.

Allow me to explain:
            Imagine being a seven year old boy during the hey day of the Adventure Team. You've got the HQ, the helicopter, the training center( the Sears exclusive with the huge vinyl play mat), pretty much all you could want. The one hole in your collection, a land vehicle for your Joes. You visit your cousins who have a plethora of great 70's toys, Megos including heros, Apes and Trek; Big Jim and his camper, Safari Jeep and tent; Evel Knievel with his Scramble Van, Trail bike, and Stunt and Crash Car. And of course AT Joes. And with those Joe's, the best part, the Mobile Support Vehicle, possibly the best vehicle made in the era.

Imagine asking for the MSV for birthdays and Christmas for years and never getting it. Then finally on your 12th birthday, when it's time for gifts, a HUGE box is brought out, you can hardly contain yourself, "FINALLY" you think, the toy of your dreams. You tear open the paper and discover...

the Big Trapper.

Ok, you think, lets get it out maybe it's cooler than the MSV. But alas once assembled. It pales in comparison. Cardboard seats, no detachable front, no light, a cage with elastic bars?!?!?!no real good play features in comparison. I was crushed.

Being a big AT Joe collector, I agree the MSV is probably the best vehicle set from that era...or maybe right behind the mummy's tomb set...to this day, I would love to find a MSV brand new in the box still...as for the big trapper, yeah they really cheapened it with all the cardboard, but it is still a very cool vehicle...and great box art....getting a boxed one was a grail of mine and finally got one a few months ago....but glad you were able to finally get your MSV...enjoy it......

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Picked up a vintage carded Bossk to go along with my IG-88 at the last ToyCon NJ show. While it's not my preferred ESB cardback, I don't come across many figures I need anymore without hitting Ebay, or an accoasional private sale so I picked it up. Also love the Woolco price sticker.

image hosting

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]19806[/ATTACH]

Allow me to explain:

the Big Trapper.

Glad you finally got one! When I started collecting old Joes again hardcore in 1990 this was the first Joe thing I found. I was very happy finding it. I never had any Joe vehicles as a kid but did have the Big Jim Rescue Rig and it had amazing play value.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I'd love to own a nice Sea Wolf and MSV. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Neutron X
                    Glad you finally got one! When I started collecting old Joes again hardcore in 1990 this was the first Joe thing I found. I was very happy finding it. I never had any Joe vehicles as a kid but did have the Big Jim Rescue Rig and it had amazing play value.
                    I actually started collecting GI Joe in 1990 myself...After losing all the stuff I had as a kid, and then going through the ARAH joe series...The first mint in package joe I found in 1990 was actually Atomic Man...And, like you, I also was a big jim fan...But I was more into the PACK series...Thought about collecting those again, but GI Joe gets enough of my money as it is....lol...

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 3, 2009

Was at a big toy show this weekend and picked up a loose Secret Wars Cap and Iron Man, no shields, just the figures. No paint loss. $5 for the pair.
                      I've always had a small interest in this line and have a few of the loose ones. Not paying crazy money for carded ones though.
                      I always found it interesting that this line was the super hero follow up to Mego.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

I got a GiJoe footlocker in recently. I haven't bought any new Joe stuff in a while so it was cool opening the box up. There's two Joes, both talkers. One painted hair, the other a talking commander, early issue with painted rivets. Both talk boxes are rough, I can make out the talking commander, the other one, after repeated pulls sounds like a Marine. There were several complete and near complete sets, Astronaut, Crash Crew and others. Among the near complete is this set: Flying Space Adventure.

Anyone have a wand they want to sell or trade or complete circle for the camera?

Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by drquest
                          I got a GiJoe footlocker in recently. I haven't bought any new Joe stuff in a while so it was cool opening the box up. There's two Joes, both talkers. One painted hair, the other a talking commander, early issue with painted rivets. Both talk boxes are rough, I can make out the talking commander, the other one, after repeated pulls sounds like a Marine. There were several complete and near complete sets, Astronaut, Crash Crew and others. Among the near complete is this set: Flying Space Adventure.

Anyone have a wand they want to sell or trade or complete circle for the camera?

Dang, thats a nice loose FSA...Actually the whole collection sounds nice....Congrats on the pick up...

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Also went to a local toy show on Sunday. Came home with this Remco Hamilton Invaders helmet. It's in really nice condition, and has the original bubble eyes and chin strap.

Now all I need is the gun that goes with it. Anyone have one for sale?

Here's the gun I'm looking for.

Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

That Hamilton's Invaders stuff is crazy fun. I like the items you have better than the bugs themselves. Nice condition.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• justzeg18
                                Career Member
                                • May 5, 2003

Brought these guys home today from an antique store I'd never stopped through before.
                                Surprised to find them in the wild.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎