X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Xavion2004
    I’m not sure I can get past that. Putting my own yellow > gold bias aside, as a 50th anniversary figure, the idea is to get as close as possible to what Mego would have actually released circa 1973-1976, and they would have never gone with gold over yellow in the mid 70s.

I agree that the figure itself is very well done. I’m just a real stickler when it comes to what falls under the 50th Anniversary umbrella.
    I personally would have preferred Mego made one gold and one in yellow...in equal quantity....no dang "chase" figure, like ToyBiz did with Marvel Legends. The one shown does seem a little odd with a gold helmet and yellow Amulet of Anubis. I wished Mego would make both the same color. Regardless, I already ordered two....even before the pics were up. Now where is the Spectre and the rest of the All-StarSquadron

Comment

• Jase
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 22, 2021

Count me in the Yellow > Gold camp. I may end up painting the Fate head. I’ve always preferred the yellow over gold when it comes to Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Flash, and Wonder Woman.
      Last edited by Jase; Aug 21, '23, 9:48 AM.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I think it is probably the DC style guide to blame. The recent Funko figure is very similar with the gold helmet and yellow costume:

41jLM1GB6yL._AC_.jpg

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by sprytel
          I think it is probably the DC style guide to blame. The recent Funko figure is very similar with the gold helmet and yellow costume:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36043[/ATTACH]
          I am ok with this color scheme too: The helmet and amulet match. On the shown pic, Fate has a gold helmet and yellow Amulet. Kinda' odd in my opinion but I pre-ordered 2 of 'em....and I do not have any regrets.

Comment

• Xavion2004
            • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by sprytel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36043[/ATTACH]
            That’s a great point. I keep forgetting about the style guide and how rigid DC can be about their licensors adhering to it. Mego might not have had much say in the matter.

Please don’t get me wrong. It’s a great looking figure, and I think those who have preordered will be very happy with him. I’m sure I’ll end up with one myself given how big a fan I am of the character and how much I wanted one when I was a kid. The yellow/gold thing has just been a thorn in my side since I became an adult collector 25 years ago. This certainly isn’t the first time, and it certainly won’t be the last.

Comment

• blastphemey
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 11, 2008

Never seen Ted Lasso but that is an absolutely perfect Jason Sudeikis sculpt

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎