X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Corp Reveals from MegoMeet/Powercon

From the Mego Meet panel at Power-Con, we have the exclusive first look at the upcoming Mego World’s Greatest Superheroes, Star Trek, and other lines, including Firestorm, Deadman, Bizarro, Two-Face, Ted Lasso, Willy Wonka Oompa Loompa, Krampus, Creepshow Creep Christmas Edition, Star Trek Talosian, Star Trek Andorian, Dr.Fate, Clarke Griswold from Christmas Vacation, Annabelle, Brainiac,…
    The post Mego Corp Reveals from MegoMeet/Powercon appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • greensavage2000
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for the video. Actually thanks for all your videos. I don't say that enough. They're well loved. The biggest disappointment in this video: No Isaac.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Nice recap and pics! Thanks for bringing these here.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I guess I'm just gonna be happy with my four Ultraman figures.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Much-appreciated video, some figs are a pleasant surprise.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! Kind of wish Brainiac was in pink, and Bizarro was more red than magenta, but I'm not complaining too hard, just minor niggles. These look great.
            sigpic

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks for the clear video

Comment

• greensavage2000
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 9, 2013

I completely agree. Brainiac should be in the pink and white. Where's that costume from anyway?
                Bizarro should be in the classic red and blue. Well I do have an extra 50th anniversary Superman I got cheap at Walmart because it had a damaged box. Might have to do a head swap and swap or make a new S.
                Don't get me wrong about Bizarro and Brainiac. I still like what they're putting out. Just would prefer...
                They did the thing I don't like that gets done to Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel every so often: Some of the costume is yellow and some of it's gold. I much prefer if they go with all one or the all the other. They being said here it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe because it looks so nicely done.
                I'm very much looking forward to these.
                Last edited by greensavage2000; Aug 16, '23, 12:00 AM. Reason: Didn't finish

Comment

• Count_Popula
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 28, 2018

It was interesting being in the room when this video played. Dr. Fate & Brainiac drew 'oohs' and 'aahs'. The Talosian got straight up applause. Other figures ... the room was quiet on.

I trust the Mego crew were reading the room. We're an, ahem, mature fanbase. The more classic something is, the more we like it. We can't get enough of Silver Age superheroes and Star Trek TOS.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

I forgot to mention how good that Brainiac head sculpt looks. I think the only ones I wouldn't have oohed and aahed were Anabelle, Creep, Krampus, Daemon, Rhenyra, Lasso and Griswold.

I'm hoping the actual Deadman they produce looks better than this photo. I still would've made some noise for him though.

Red Tornado and Firestorm might be my favorites but pretty much loved all the DC and Star Trek.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

Brainiac’s head sculpt is fantastic. I will be switching out his outfit with the one from FTC and he will be perfect.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Great video, I agree on the excellent Brainiac sculpt. I have my own cool custom of the Talosian, but I can’t wait to get my hands on the released mego version along with the Andorian Ambassador.

Comment

• hizzy
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 1, 2023

Dr Fate looks great!! Thanks for the video!!

Comment

• Figure8
                            Museum Patron
                            • May 18, 2016

Wow. I can't wait for this wave to materialize. I really wasn't sure if Mego would do characters like Firestorm or RT and now this is another dream coming true! Like most people here (I guess) I favor a vintage look, but Nightwing looks so cool, he's a must-buy - just like this whole wave.

Comment

• Xavion2004
                              • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                              They did the thing I don't like that gets done to Dr. Fate and Captain Marvel every so often: Some of the costume is yellow and some of it's gold. I much prefer if they go with all one or the all the other. They being said here it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe because it looks so nicely done.
                              I’m not sure I can get past that. Putting my own yellow > gold bias aside, as a 50th anniversary figure, the idea is to get as close as possible to what Mego would have actually released circa 1973-1976, and they would have never gone with gold over yellow in the mid 70s.

I agree that the figure itself is very well done. I’m just a real stickler when it comes to what falls under the 50th Anniversary umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎