Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You're in luck, eight new characters were solicited.

I just wonder what style they'll be. After all, they already have a "modern" DC line, and "50th" is right on the box which to me means a retro/vintage homage.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 6, '23, 8:19 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheXFactor
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by B-Lister
      I disagree that vintage characters should get priority over never made characters.

I wanna see some new faces on my shelves. Tired of looking at the same 50 year old sculpts. They have the license, let's get some use out of it!
      Your previous post stating disinterest in the new wave of figures would suggest the opposite. More to the point, what's the purpose of a 50th Anniversary rerelease of the WGSH line if you don't have as many of the originals as possible? Weaving new figures in is fine of course- especially when it's more of the Filmation characters that inspired the line to begin with (Green Lantern and The Flash, in this instance). To make that complete however, we'd need both Hawkman and The Atom- neither of which are in this newest batch.

Comment

• TheXFactor
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        You're in luck, eight new characters were solicited.
        None of which he was interested in ("Happy for fans of those properties, but very little for me here").

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I may be an outlier, but my interest is primarily in characters that have not been produced before. I have all the originals, and while I am enjoying the remakes, I am far more interested in seeing new characters released.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I'm interested in both re-dos and new additions. I have the original figures, but not in their original forms, so the re-makes would be worth it to me just for the costumes. But I definitely want more of the "should have been made back in the day but weren't" figures, which is what this wave of 50th additions seems to be all about (with the possible exception of Nightwing).

Comment

• hizzy
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 1, 2023

I want them all - The remakes, the new ones, as long as the knees work and the faces are simple and not modern

Comment

• Xavion2004
                • Dec 15, 2022

I’m very late to the discussion. I was just looking for updates on when the 50th Anniversary Super Gals would be released, and was stunned to see just home much news I had missed during the last month.

So, my thoughts on original characters vs new characters in the 50th Anniversary line? I’m down for both, but as a general rule of thumb, if they didn’t have a 7-11 Slurpee cup, they probably don’t belong there!

https://gobacktothepast.com/wp-conte...check-list.jpg

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎