Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRDouble
    replied
    Originally posted by sprytel
    They are killing me. I mean, awesome figures, but still...

Hopefully October will start a monster run and my wallet can get a rest.
    Same, but a I agree with the other Jrfjr126rock that Mego doesn't need monsters on Topps; we'll see them if Topps demands it though. I was hoping for a break, but Worf...

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
    I don't thinkt there will be many monsters. Monsters seem to sell the best at retail and they take up the most spots in a wave. There also isn't THAT many monsters that they have left to do. Star Trek and DC have endless amounts of characters for them to get into.

People are upset that Worf is an exclusive but Picard and Data were shelf-warmers for the most part so it makes sense that they are using Topps to get out these characters.
    That's a good point. And we haven't seen what Geordi and Riker will do at retail (the best argument for Worf being at retail is that those two are), but if Pickard is a peg warmer, I would not expect any other TNG to sell better. We shall see.

I'm not sure I am in for the Borg Queen, but ordering only on figure is such bad value with shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Goblin19
    replied
    Mego has really been producing great figures. So glad Star Trek isn’t my thing.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Worf looks smashing, I don't collect TNG but when I got the photos today I noticed how nice he was.

Leave a comment:

• danadoll
    replied
    I've been breathing a sigh of relief, with every Topps Monday, because they're nothing I want.. Whew!...LOL! I am glad I find monsters to my liking in the regular Mego waves, though (and they're not breaking my wallet).

Dana

Leave a comment:

• pmwasson
    replied
    Worf's uniform looks like its using yellow & black fabric stitched together instead of a printed suit, which I think is awesome! The printed black never seems to work well, so this would be a great improvement. I know its only a prototype and can change, but I hope this is the direction Mego is taking.

The Borg Queen's neck doesn't look like Mego. I'm guessing the final figure will look quite different from the prototype.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
    I'm actually getting a little nervous that October will be mostly, if not all monsters. My wallet my not survive lol.
    I don't thinkt there will be many monsters. Monsters seem to sell the best at retail and they take up the most spots in a wave. There also isn't THAT many monsters that they have left to do. Star Trek and DC have endless amounts of characters for them to get into.

People are upset that Worf is an exclusive but Picard and Data were shelf-warmers for the most part so it makes sense that they are using Topps to get out these characters.

Leave a comment:

• Mego Newbie14
    replied
    I'm actually getting a little nervous that October will be mostly, if not all monsters. My wallet my not survive lol.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
    Worf and the Borg Queen are up. Topps got me again.
    They are killing me. I mean, awesome figures, but still...

Hopefully October will start a monster run and my wallet can get a rest.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    I want both but only ended up getting Borg Queen today. I have been needing a White body for a while for a custom of mine and I am hoping she will be on the new body.

Depending on who will be next week I may also get Worf. I told myself I was done Star Trek collecting but I do love TNG.

Leave a comment:

• Mego Newbie14
    replied
    Worf and the Borg Queen are up. Topps got me again.

Leave a comment:

• Mego-Amigo
    replied
    I collect both FTC and Mego. Both companies are making stuff I enjoy collecting. I agree that FTC is making some of the more obscure characters from DC that Mego probably won't. I don't see why people can't just enjoy both. I know FTC is more expensive because of their business model but if you find it too expensive then just don't buy it.

Leave a comment:

• wise guy
    replied
    I collect both Mego and FTC, and there is a lot of FTC bashing on this site just like FB. Collectors here love one, and hate the other, but for some of us FTC is making figures that Mego might not get to in the DCU.Haters are here too, just look at some of the posts.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryWho
    replied
    I am haunted by the ghost of Zica's SMDM second wave. But I am happy with what we got too. A little constructive criticism is good, but the anger is unnecessary. People just need a little perspective, which is easy to lose when you are collecting stuff.
    Originally posted by sprytel
    I feel the same regret when I look at my Zica Buck Rogers figures.

Leave a comment:

• Retro76
    replied
    The Mego-Topps agreement is very reminiscent to me of MattyCollector.com the Mattel website that launched in 2008 and offered Masters of The Universe figures with upgraded scale and modern articulation aka “Masters of the Universe Classics”. At some point the figures were selling out in just a few minutes after being available. These sellouts appeared to drive up higher demand for the figures and if you missed out eBay sellers were waiting to $$$“help you”$$$ complete your collection. During the websites existence they also launched what could be one of the first major toy companies “crowd funding project” for Castle Grayskull. I don’t think Mattel was the first to offer recurring exclusives or crowd finding preorders but they certainly thrived on it. Nowadays advance limited availability collectibles preorders are commonplace. That being said I believe the Mego-Topps exclusives deal is the most aggressive I’ve seen with the 2 figures per week/ 7 day window limited availability. At this point in time it is safe to assume that the powers that be have seen all the criticisms and complaints and aside from increasing the max order quantity no other changes have been made. I wish they would modify the agreement to increase the availability window, allow combined shipping for multiple orders and/or lower shipping fees including to Canada but it is what it is. Time will tell how profitable and successful this agreement will be.

Leave a comment:

• sprytel
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Kickstarter isn't a panacea. Case in point: Sectaurs Wave 2 by Zica. Those were beautiful prototypes, superior to wave one and they completed the line. I'm still haunted that it went unfunded, makes me enjoy wave one less. Which I know is on me and perhaps odd.
    I feel the same regret when I look at my Zica Buck Rogers figures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎