Topps Mego Monday Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palitoy
    replied
    Canadian friends, another alternative to the dreary Topps Shipping charges. My neighbour swears by this service and they ship it right to you:
    Shop US websites & ship internationally with reduced shipping rates. Ship packages from popular stores. Get a free 30-day Premium Membership today!

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Dang, wish I had been able to combine shipping on last weeks' Hammers with this set. I guess I could cancel and reorder and add the two new ones...but Topps site is a bit dodgy, and I'm not sure I trust it enough to cancel anything. I guess I can swallow another $12 for these. They look great!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    The Mummy is sort of hard to find on the site right now but here he is. You have to search, still a couple of hours to bundle all four Hammer figures together.

Leave a comment:

• Confessional
    replied
    Wow, Hammer run!… I'm resisting, but by all means this is supercoolness-O-rama. Halloween on!

Leave a comment:

• Brown Bear
    replied
    As I can't buy Topps if I wanted to because I'm Canadian, I hope they go deep into the Hammer characters as I know there are hardcore fans who'd love it and because I'm not a fan and can miss them all without care.

Leave a comment:

• Mego-Amigo
    replied
    Topps figures already up this morning. More Hammer awesomeness. Herbert Lom Phantom and Zombie from Plague of the Zombies.

Leave a comment:

• monitor_ep
    replied
    Well due to what happened last week I cannot afford to purchase the Hammer Figures so I will have to pick them up later down the line when (or if) they become available for second time around.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    I'm sure Mego will manufacture all the figures Topps has offered so far. I don't know why people are so worried. Mego has made a ton of figures so far and don't seem like they are going to slow down any time soon. They have the production process down pretty good and have been cranking out figures so that people were complaining that too many were being made too fast. I just don't understand the angst people are feeling.

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied
    I hate to say this, but because of the time span between ordering the figures from the Topps website and actually getting it, plus the fact, factory production is slower due to covid situations, I wouldn’t be surprised if some orders are canceled with an apology and your credit cards refunded because not enough figures were actually put into production or you will receive a note stating your order is taking longer than expected, we will keep you updated on your order please be patient.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I’m just saying you might want to keep it in mind.

Leave a comment:

• MRP
    replied
    Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
    Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take until we actually receive the figures?
    x+y+z+T+U=time until you get the figures.

Where x = manufacturing and production time with all the Covid related production backlogs, labor shortages, and over-commitment by factories in accepting orders factored in

y=shipping time from China to US via cargo vessels with all current port and customs delays related to Covid factored in

z=shipping time via trucks from port of arrival to Topps distribution center, again with all the Covid related delays due to labor shortages and such factored in

T=turnaround time at Topps distribution center from the time they receive the merchandise until they can have it packaged and ready to ship to end customers

and

U=time it takes the USPS to receive, process and deliver the package to the end customer. Since 2 day priority is now running 3-5 days and the holiday volume boom is coming as labor force is shrinking, this will get longer before it gets shorter, unless they go with UPS or Fed E, which also have holiday volume and workforce shortages to deal with

since the current situation of global shipping is a nightmare mess and none of those variables can be predicted with any degree of accuracy, any estimate you make/get is likely to be very wrong. This is the world we currently live in and expectations need to account for all of that. I would guess not soon is the best you can accurately estimate at this point.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Oct 14, '21, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
    I just shipped an envelope to Canada that weighed about 1 lb and it was $20 for economy. I understand Topps is a larger company but perhaps they didn't have a big deal in place before and now its too expensive to get a better one?

Shipping prices are out of control all around.
    I just shipped two Mego figures to someone else in America and it cost $14.55 for ground, which is the cheapest shipping. So Topps charging $12 for two figures is a bargain as far as I can tell.

Leave a comment:

• Jrfjr126rock
    replied
    I just shipped an envelope to Canada that weighed about 1 lb and it was $20 for economy. I understand Topps is a larger company but perhaps they didn't have a big deal in place before and now its too expensive to get a better one?

Shipping prices are out of control all around.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
    As much as it broke my bank account to do so, I had no choice but to order this week's Topps Mego offerings. I am a huge Hammer Horror fan and could not go without owning a Gorgon or a Hammer Mummy. It ended up costing me about $130 Canadian total for both figures (including the crazy shipping). This is the first time I have ordered figures from the Topps site. Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take until we actually receive the figures?
    Probably five months or so.

Leave a comment:

• TheVintageToyKid
    replied
    As much as it broke my bank account to do so, I had no choice but to order this week's Topps Mego offerings. I am a huge Hammer Horror fan and could not go without owning a Gorgon or a Hammer Mummy. It ended up costing me about $130 Canadian total for both figures (including the crazy shipping). This is the first time I have ordered figures from the Topps site. Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take until we actually receive the figures?

Leave a comment:

• tatsunokofan
    replied
    $55.28 with shipping and sales tax to CA for two figures. $12.00 for shipping, $3.30 for taxes.

James

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎