Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    Originally posted by enyawd72
    Brian, as a thank you for running this asylum, I will send you one of my Gorgon figures. You've earned it.
    that's awesome of you Dwayne.

another pass for me this week but I am glad for the people who have been waiting on these

Leave a comment:

• rykerw1701
    replied
    Nothing here for me this week again, but I'm glad others are excited about it. There's all this fantastic amount of choice now. Oh and my wallet is thanking me for a few weeks off, so that's something.

Leave a comment:

• Spectator
    replied
    Brian, as a thank you for running this asylum, I will send you one of my Gorgon figures. You've earned it.
    To add a function this forum doesn't have...

That's the way to do it, enyawd72!

Leave a comment:

• enyawd72
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    Here it is, my Topps conundrum. I'm on a budget of no more than two figures a month.

In August, I had to cheat because I ordered the TOS figures and Taylor showed up a week later. I had to pass on Zira which sucked but I'll live. In September, Brent and Mutant were a no-brainer.

If I order both of these, I could potentially miss more Apes. There is no way I'm passing on that Mummy but the Gorgon is a tough one for me because it will break my streak of Hammer. If I pass on her and nothing I'm interested in is offered for the month, I would have done it for nothing.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of riches, I just hate making this kind of decision.

Leave a comment:

• Liu Bei
    replied
    Here it is, my Topps conundrum. I'm on a budget of no more than two figures a month.

In August, I had to cheat because I ordered the TOS figures and Taylor showed up a week later. I had to pass on Zira which sucked but I'll live. In September, Brent and Mutant were a no-brainer.

If I order both of these, I could potentially miss more Apes. There is no way I'm passing on that Mummy but the Gorgon is a tough one for me because it will break my streak of Hammer. If I pass on her and nothing I'm interested in is offered for the month, I would have done it for nothing.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of riches, I just hate making this kind of decision.
    The shipping is the killer. If Topps got a smidge closer to the retail prices of Mego figures, and got their shipping prices down to a more reasonable cost, I think they’d see better sales.

$50 or more for two figures 4 times a month is going to severely limit how much of this niche product they can sell to a fairly limited consumer base.

I like the idea behind what Mego and Topps are doing, but the execution so far really hasn’t panned out as well as I’m sure they were hoping. Hopefully as time goes on, they’ll find a sweet spot for collectors.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I have been very picky with Trek, and I'm not an Apes guy, so I've only gone in for the Topps DC offerings so far. Any Hammer offerings will get my money.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this or anything, it's an embarrassment of richs but it's a total gamble.
    Similar situation here. I really only want the Mummy, but it just ends up crossing the line price wise of what I'd budget out for these sorts of things. In this instance, I actually wish I did want both figures, because that would soften the blow a bit.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Well, they got me. No friggin way I'm not getting both of those.

Just ordered four of each. I'm so weak.
    So, are you officially back in?

Leave a comment:

• Liu Bei
    replied

LOL. Yeah. They keep hammering out those Trek, Apes, and Horror, and I’ll keep buying.

Leave a comment:

• enyawd72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goblin19
    replied
    I’ll get them both. The Gorgon looks pretty good, though I always thought the look was the worst part of the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Well, I have to get those two!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• ODBJBG
    replied
    Hmm, the Mummy is tempting. But the price, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• monitor_ep
    replied
    I will get the Hammer Mummy. That is a lot of work to make it done right. Hammer Gorgan I need to think about. That head I need to see on a bigger screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎