Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paladin
    • Oct 26, 2015

Dreadful Dracula question....

Hey guys, sorry for all the rapid fire posts...but I've decided to move forward with a few ideas I've had but need some advice to do so.

Ive had an idea for a custom vampire figure pretty much since I was a kid. I was hesitant to do it because of the unevenness of his eyes. Recently while searching eBay for options I discovered some of them had eyes that seemed more level.
    I'd like to grab one of these, but I'm not sure if this is a varient, or something to do with age or other reasons. If anyone could help me out with an answer so I can post up my wanted parts list in the marketplace, I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks all,
    M
  • Paladin
    • Oct 26, 2015

Here's a pic I found as an example of the eyes...very different from the images in the gallery.
    s-l400.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't quite understand your post, are you talking about his arched left eyebrow? I looked at your picture and reviewed the gallery pix of sculpted-hair Dracs and the paint masking seems pretty consistent. The expression is also included on the package's painted art.

I've owned 4-5 sculpted-hair Draculas and don't recall any significant variation--sometimes the application is fainter but is the same shape/style.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mego
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 16, 2012

Looks like your standard issue Drac.

Comment

• Paladin
          • Oct 26, 2015

The arched eyebrow isn't it...to me..it looks like most of them that eye is higher up, or at an angle.
          Not having held one since I was a kid...I can't tell if that's true...or if it just appeared that way.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. Sometimes the eye openings are trimmed asymmetrically, or the eyeliner is off. Too, it may be that the molding is warped.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Paladin
              • Oct 26, 2015

So.. generally speaking, the eyes are even, physically, but the eyeliner may be worn off to give it an off kilter look then?

Maybe I should try And locate an inexpensive head and toy with it to see what I can do.
              Thanks for the help so far all.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome, I'm not sure I've helped much. I've had a couple of every monster where the eyes were a little wonky and it was due to the eye openings, not the deco. I think it has to do with how the sockets are trimmed and the glow eyeballs are seated into the head.

Comment

• Paladin
                  • Oct 26, 2015

Every bit helps PNG..I'm hoping if I find one on the cheap I can experiment with trimming the opening and painting the the eyeliner to make it look even....I've always loved the monsters series and the FTC versions won't be an option for me. Especially for the custom I have in mind...

Comment

• generic
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 25, 2009

Do you mean how one eye is higher up on the face than the other eye like on these guys pictured below?

DSCN3068.JPG
                    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Paladin
                      • Oct 26, 2015

Exactly...the left eye looks much higher...but on the pic I posted earlier, they look almost level.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

The head is turned very slightly to the right making the left eye look slightly lower paladin. I think so anyway.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 12, 2004

The eyes in these figures can sometimes look wonky due to melting. This happens when a hard plastic {the eyes) comes in contact with a softer plastic (the head). This causes a chemical reaction that can melt the softer plastic surrounding the eyes and cause the harder plastic eyes to reposition.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

Oh yes. Its a delightful chemical reaction. The plasticizer separates from the vinyl..the abs plastic tries to absorb it...

Comment

• Paladin
                              • Oct 26, 2015

Ahhh.....the eye melt I've read about....
                              Ok, so in essence, if I'm patient and or lucky I can find one that has both eyes kinda level...
                              Thanks for the help all...and if anyone has one of these, please hit me up with what you'd be asking for the head...I'd buy the whole figure as well if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎