Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Mego has arrived I Maine!! Went to Target in South Portland today...didn't see any thing on the shelves, but a helpful employee asked if he could help me find anything. So I handed him the DCPI code and he said "yup, we have them out back!" He ask what I wanted, so I told him the Star Trek 2-pack, Chekov, Sulu and Fonzie. He came with the-Trek 2 pack & Sulu, but no Chekov or Fonzie...but I was(am)still quite happy. He said he also had Action Jackson & Bela Dracula...but I'm not interested in owning them(more of a Christopher Lee Dracula fan). All in all...a good day. Gonna try the other Target in Biddeford tomorrow and try to get Chekov & Fonzie.
    sigpic

Comment

• SWCWorld
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by SWCWorld
      Yes, patience is a virtue. Just like Marty stated in his video message back on July 30; "wait about 10 days and all Target stores will have the Megos." After checking another local Target in Plano, Texas (Coit, north of Campbell), I checked tonight at the Target on Parker and US75 in Plano and paydirt! The complete encap was set up, minus the Mego sign at the top. They had four each of the 14" figures, so I purchased a General Zod. They also had 35 8" figures on the pegs with a good assortment of all figures. The only figure that they did not have was Dracula. They only had one Fonzie, but several of each of the female figures, Norm, Sulu, Chekov, and six Hedrix! They also had two I Dream of Jeannie two-packs and three of the Mirror-Mirror.

It's coming, guys, just be patient. Probably by tomorrow near you if not today.... Today was day 9 after Marty's video.
      Okay, as a further report, I went to the two Targets in Allen, TX this morning. Still no Megos, no endcap setup, nothing. I went back to the Target in Plano, TX at Parker and US 75 to find their endcap still set up (still no Mego signage). Looked like there had been some re-stocking, as they now had three Action Jacksons (they had one on Wednesday night), plus they had added a Dracula figure. everything else still about the same, so I purchased a 14" Batman figure. The 14" figures had the same quantity as Wednesday night, so I assume I am the only one that has purchased anything from that size (a Batman today and a General Zod on Wednesday). That will complete my Wave 1 purchases (5 different 8" figures and 2 different 14" figures). Will await for Wave 2. Hopefully these will move a little better, especially since here is "tax-free weekend" before school starts, so there was a lot of foot traffic at the Target.

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

2 more Targets in my area now have end caps full today so they are taking longer to
        make to the shelves, so hang in there and you should see them soon

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Went by the closest Target to me today in Chattanooga and they finally had the endcap display set up. I had already got all the figs I need from Target.com but I went ahead and got another ST Mirror set, Chekov, Sulu and CA Kelly. Out of the seven figures I wanted in this first wave I have had to buy all but the Fonz twice to upgrade them. Every figure I got from Target.com had either package damage of figure QC issues. Finally today I was able to upgrade the last of them with the encap find.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

went to two more targets by me Washington pa target had an endcap,jeannies and star trek and singles,the west Mifflin pa had zilch.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

I was at the Target in DeKalb IL. today. Dracula and Sulu are long sold out. Down to one or two of some. The ladies are moving the slowest. Doesn’t look like Alice, Peggy, Kelly, Tootie, or Piper have sold much, if any. So I bought a Tootie.

The Mirror Mirror two packs sold out once already. I bought the last one earlier in the week, but they had more out today. Didn’t appear as if anything else was restocked, so I assume they were just more from the back.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Target in Biddeford, Maine had the end cap display up with every figure except Sulu & I Dream of Jennie 2-Pack! Bought Chekov & Fonzie which completes ALL the figures I wanted from this 1st release. Will probably pick up a few extras down the road though...
                sigpic

Comment

• draconianguard
                  #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                  • Mar 12, 2004

I just hit my fourth Target in Connecticut and there is still no Mego figures on display. This is exactly why brick and mortar stores are losing customers.
                  Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by draconianguard
                    I just hit my fourth Target in Connecticut and there is still no Mego figures on display. This is exactly why brick and mortar stores are losing customers.
                    The Target in S. Portland, Maine didn't the display up...I had to give an employee the DCPI code and he went and got them from out back.
                    sigpic

Comment

• draconianguard
                      #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                      • Mar 12, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                      The Target in S. Portland, Maine didn't the display up...I had to give an employee the DCPI code and he went and got them from out back.
                      I can just order whatever I want and avoid wasting time and gas if that was why I went to the last two stores. I wanted to see the display set up in person and see if it was going to be rolled out in a timely manner since it's well past July 29th. As far as the DCPI numbers, none are in the first two stores I went in last week according to the clerks. If I like anything from the next two waves, I'll just order online since they obviously won't be stocked or displayed in a timely manner in my area. The casual collector won't even know that these exist if they aren't on the pegs.
                      Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• stubbylong
                        • Aug 7, 2018

These things are at every Target in Tulsa, OK and surrounding areas. And they have restocked the Two Double figure packs. Only ones sold out are Dracula & Batman. I just returned $260 worth of them because from reading other groups on FB and such and the fact everyone but Batman is available online. The math just doesn’t add up for a limited run of 10k. It is my feeling more were actually made. MEGO needs to do a better job at production and limit it if they are going to advertise the production as such. Buy what you like because they are cool figures and well made but no way should you buy them thinking it’s an investment like a true vintage Mego.

Comment

• k2
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 12, 2007

^^^why did you return them?

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Personally, I don't buy Megos because I think they're going to be worth money down the road…I buy them, because I love them.
                            sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

Just came back from a Target run, They had everything on the endcap except the Jeannie and Trek box sets.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by stubbylong
                                These things are at every Target in Tulsa, OK and surrounding areas. And they have restocked the Two Double figure packs. Only ones sold out are Dracula & Batman. I just returned $260 worth of them because from reading other groups on FB and such and the fact everyone but Batman is available online. The math just doesn’t add up for a limited run of 10k. It is my feeling more were actually made. MEGO needs to do a better job at production and limit it if they are going to advertise the production as such. Buy what you like because they are cool figures and well made but no way should you buy them thinking it’s an investment like a true vintage Mego.
                                if you are buying these because you think it is an investment, you are buying for the wrong reason

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎