Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figure8
    Museum Patron
    • May 18, 2016

Batman just always sells, doesn't he? I know, because I'm definitely going to get this one, too. I loved the black/gray version Mego did, but I might like this Batman even better.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Another Batman… yawn!… I will take two please

I’ve been waiting for this Batman. It might even replace my cherished FTC Super Friends Batman.

Comment

• KnightDetective
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 31, 2012

I am very happy right now. (Woo-Hoo!)

This is the "blue cowl/black mask" style Batman I've been hoping for since Mego came back. Loving both the fuller cape and the great Covalt sculpt!

Hope this sculpt gets a lot of use. There are always new kids coming along that need their first Batman!

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

So Cyborg is another Mego/FTC redo

Mego
          Cyborg Mego.jpg
          FTC
          Cyborg FTC.jpg
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Xavion2004
            • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            So Cyborg is another Mego/FTC redo
            I almost said in another post that Mego’s 50th Anniversary line is quickly becoming FTC 2.0. As I said in that post, I’m in this for the nostalgia. I want faithful reproductions of the original releases with some obvious omissions sprinkled in. When it comes to the latter, Flash and Green Lantern are perfect examples of what I’m looking for. Most of us wanted Flash and Green Lantern in the worst way back in the day.

There was no Cyborg, Nightwing, or Sinestro Corps in the mid 70s. Firestorm didn’t debut until 1978 when the torch had been passed from Mego’s WGSH to Kenner’s Star Wars.

Some characters that did exist like the Demon simply weren’t on most kids’ radar. Kirby preceded the Mego era, and while those books and characters are highly regarded today, they were pretty much a commercial failure at the time. In terms of what my friends and I were actually reading back in 1974, you had the Justice League of America book, the Batman books, the Superman books, the Wonder Woman book, the Flash book, the rebooted Green Lantern/Green Arrow book, and that was pretty much it aside from fun, but short lived, oddities like the Joker, the Secret Society of Super Villains, Freedom Fighters, etc.

I remember the Justice Society being extremely popular with my friends and I from their annual JLA crossovers, so I can see characters like Dr. Fate or Spectre being in the 50th Anniversary line. Deadman and Martian Manhunter I can see even though the Martian Manhunter was pretty much out of sight and out of mind in the mid 70s. Red Tornado, Hawkman, and Luthor definitely belong in the 50th Anniversary line.

i would prefer to see characters like Sinestro Corps Sinestro, Nightwing, Cyborg, the Demon, etc in the main line with the modern Mego aesthetic and leave the 50th Anniversary line and classic Mego looks to the characters that Mego might have been reasonably expected to release in the mid 70s.

Please understand that this is not a commentary on the characters or figures themselves. It’s just one crotchety fan’s opinion on what the 50th Anniversary line should be.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That's a pretty nice looking Batman. I hope they don't use paper stickers.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Batman does look really nice and I love the 12 inch custom Peter Parker with box.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

WHOA!
                  https://mailchi.mp/9f2ad06095ab/whoa...-newsletter?e=[UNIQID]

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Another great newsletter! The McCoy bit made my day!

I love that Mego is doing Matrix figures. That is a franchise where you could easily mine several great figures out of. Neo could use a slightly longer coat (and guns... lots of guns...) but otherwise, he looks perfect.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Mego and The Matrix were meant to be. So many custom fodder in the making
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

3D-printed glow Mego Museum for Super-Collector?! How do I get one!!?? Is it a LM creation?

Lots of fun stuff this week; that Reb Cap with cycle is wonderful. Crushing hard back then lol.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 30, '24, 3:17 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

Very good sculpt for Keanu Reeves.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

And here's our first fall Newsletter with zero back-to-school savings!

https://mailchi.mp/0c2d29c5738d/feel...museum-news?e=[UNIQID]

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Can't agree with Steve's sentiments on the NECA Ben Cooper line more. Nice to get a bit of history on the concept of the Halloween costume customs, too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Can't agree with Steve's sentiments on the NECA Ben Cooper line more. Nice to get a bit of history on the concept of the Halloween costume customs, too.
                                I actually had forgotten about some of that. I knew it happened but Steve is better with names than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎