Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Mattel's bodies did them in. I have had to replace all my Retro-Action figures because of there silly bodies. Other than that it there waves were great. I like the idea of Hero vs Villain. This really adds more villains besides Bat-Villains.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

I have never heard anyone mention Alfred the butler in their list of favorite DC characters. Maybe I am wrong but it would be hard for me to believe that a lot of collectors would want an Alfred or Jim Gordon. Alfred the butler or Jim Gordon would not even make my top 100 DC characters list. Now that's just my opinion. I know we all have our favorites. I just don't want to see this line tank before we get the rest of the original Mego DC characters reproduced and at least a few new additions that are worthy of being Megoized.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

If you don't like it, don't buy...simple as that. All this *****in' and kibitzing with every move a toy company makes gets old...Just sayin'
        (I can't wait to hear the moans and groans when we get to Aunt Harriet in the '66 line)
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• VinMan
          Career Member Mego Maniac
          • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by The Toyroom
          (I can't wait to hear the moans and groans when we get to Aunt Harriet in the '66 line)
          Hardest I have laughed in weeks. Thanks Anthony!!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

If you don't like it, don't buy...simple as that. All this *****in' and kibitzing with every move a toy company makes gets old...Just sayin'

better than wolf whistles and cat calls but still not great.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Now we need to know when wave 3 will be coming out and when we can order them on FTC. Also I want to see the actually figure.

Alfred has been a long time member of the Batman Family so I am glad to see him getting Mego.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

If you don't like it, don't buy...simple as that.
                Is it really "simple as that"?

What if I DO like it and don't buy it because I'm waiting for characters I like better? What if the line ultimately fails because many consumers feel like that?
                What if I DO like it and DO buy it... but others still feel the same way as the aforementioned scenario or WORSE, they don't like civilian characters at all? THAT is what I fear.
                I'm looking out for the line ... it's as simple as that.

That I don't like... and won't buy. But I wouldn't begrudge others for liking the character.

Originally posted by palitoy
                [IMG]http:/bullseye.jpg[/IMG]
                See above. I don't think it could be LESS of a bullseye... in my case, anyways.

I've always wanted an Alfred Mego custom, but put him off because I had other characters that seemed more interesting (and now, since I calmed down on Mego customs, I finally DO own an Alfred... a 6 inch scale "DC Direct HUSH" Alfred in an identical outfit to the one posted for Figures INC to display with my DCUC figures).

Just discussing what I see to be a poor choice. If that conversation is not approved of here, just lmk and I'll STOP immediately.
                Last edited by huedell; Jul 13, '13, 11:03 PM.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  Mattel's bodies did them in. I have had to replace all my Retro-Action figures because of there silly bodies. Other than that it there waves were great. I like the idea of Hero vs Villain. This really adds more villains besides Bat-Villains.
                  Their waves WERE great. But notice how we only got a few of them?

It ain't because Mattel made good decisions marketing the line.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

OK. Maybe I missed something and Alfred the butler is a really cool DC character that a lot of people love and want an action figure of. I am not begrudging anyone for liking him or any other character. The forum is here is for us to discuss what we like or don't like about the toys we collect.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by huedell
                      Is it really "simple as that"?

What if I DO like it and don't buy it because I'm waiting for characters I like better? What if the line ultimately fails because many consumers feel like that?
                      What if I DO like it and DO buy it... but others still feel the same way as the aforementioned scenario or WORSE, they don't like civilian characters at all? THAT is what I fear.
                      I'm looking out for the line ... it's as simple as that.
                      Yes it is as simple as that. You don't like, don't buy. You need to learn to walk off the stage sometimes Hugh...But I can see you dragging this Alfred thing on and on, page after page, over-analyzing every freakin' sentence I and others write. Not that you aren't entitled to an opinion on the matter, or voicing that opinion. But you've stated that opinion, it's been duly-noted and I'm pretty sure Figures Inc. is going to put out the Alfred figure regardless. By voting with your dollar, or not as the case may be, that's what really is going to count at this point.

If an Alfred figure tanks the line in the 3rd wave in, then so be it. Personally I think it's pie-in-the-sky dreams to assume that this line is going to last long enough for people to get those Hawk and Dove, Fisherman and Brother Power the Geek figures that everyone is dying for. So whatever we get, I'm grateful that Figures Inc. is taking a chance on something that's sorta already failed in multiple formats in the modern era for one reason or another ...8"/9" clothed super-hero action figures. And if the line dies before we get to Lana Lang as Insect Queen....Well there's always customs.

As Brian has said before, this era is quite often an embarrassment of riches....And quite frankly it's quite embarrassing to hear people whine over figures being included or not included in any given assortment like they themselves have been personally maligned by the toy company in question.

I personally would love it if Figures Inc would eventually get to a Brainiac figure but I'm not going to hold it against them (or Alfred) if we don't.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• rodkeith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2008

I'm up for an Alfred. I don't think one possible peg-warmer is going to tank the line. It's friggin' Batman. More people know who Alfred is than most of the Justice League.

Besides, the removable cowl Bats alone will do well enough for the entire wave. And if they shoot out wave 4 fairly soon after with some more apparently popular characters (such as Scarecrow, Freeze, etc.) Mr. Pennyworth's just going to be one more figure among many.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Yes it is as simple as that. You don't like, don't buy. You need to learn to walk off the stage sometimes Hugh...But I can see you dragging this Alfred thing on and on, page after page, over-analyzing every freakin' sentence I and others write. Not that you aren't entitled to an opinion on the matter, or voicing that opinion. But you've stated that opinion, it's been duly-noted and I'm pretty sure Figures Inc. is going to put out the Alfred figure regardless. By voting with your dollar, or not as the case may be, that's what really is going to count at this point.

Well there's always customs.

As Brian has said before, this era is quite often an embarrassment of riches....And quite frankly it's quite embarrassing to hear people whine over figures

Best Post Written ..., Like Ever.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Mike77
                            • Mar 7, 2009

In every toy line there are going to be strong and weak characters. When Star Wars came out in the late 70's I wasn't too familiar with Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and Star Destroyer Commander, but I bought and received these figures as gifts because of my love for the movie. The same will happen here. I'm a huge Batman fan, so I can't wait for the Alfred figure to come out. I also can't wait for a Commissioner Gordon figure to come out. There will always be weaker characters, and they may not sell as well, but the line as a whole should not sink because of them.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Mike77
                              In every toy line there are going to be strong and weak characters. When Star Wars came out in the late 70's I wasn't too familiar with Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and Star Destroyer Commander, but I bought and received these figures as gifts because of my love for the movie. The same will happen here. I'm a huge Batman fan, so I can't wait for the Alfred figure to come out. I also can't wait for a Commissioner Gordon figure to come out. There will always be weaker characters, and they may not sell as well, but the line as a whole should not sink because of them.
                              I disagree. I also think your Star Wars analogy is apples and oranges.... different era, different target audience, different scenario almost altogether. Star Wars was an earthshaking phenomenon... this line is going to be a more challenging beast to keep afloat.

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              Best Post Written ..., Like Ever.
                              If only it addressed my actual posts.

I'm not "whining over figures". I'm whining over what I see as stupid choices by the manufacturer that, if I'm correct, will kill this line faster.

I'm looking out for your best interests and you're slamming me. Nice.
                              Last edited by huedell; Jul 14, '13, 3:08 AM.

Comment

• DaBillmann
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 16, 2011

Originally posted by Mike77
                                agreed, though Snaggletooth quickly became one of my favorites.

but, I must say

No Aunt Harriet! Ever! this line, the Batman 66 line, not even if Figures Inc does a special old biddie line. No aunt Harriet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No disrespect to Madge Blake, jsut never cared for the character, comic book or TV show)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎