Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

guys - I spent another hour on the phone with them today. If you list these items as Custom made 8" action figures in the title and list that it is a custom mego in the ad you will be ok.

If you have mego in the title and its not 100% mego and someone reports it - they will just close it down.
    It is a handful of people just reporting these items. so if its not reported it will stay up - if it gets reported they will shut it down.

In short list it an a 8" custom action figure and you will not have any problems.
    these idiots closing these auctions are not going away - it is not ctv, marvel, dc etc doing this.

It is a handful of ball busters reporting the items, and ebay could care less about it - so just do what I mentioned before - you will get less exposure but a lot less headaches.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Zemo
      I would just re list as Mego Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne bodies. You will get the same amount of attention.
      they will close it because the heads are not mego - trust me
      I'm was fighting for all of us today and the last week or so - I talked to a few people.

If someone reported a Mego repro cape they will close it.
      If you list that same cape as custom cape for 8" action figures - they will not close it.

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        Ebay goes throught this with customs. One month they allow them and when somebody complains they pull all customs done. In a few months they will be back up.
        yes and no
        they will only close the auction if reported - it is not ebay doing it on their own.
        they could care less - if no one complained they would leave them all up. As soon as it is reported they have to act on it.

So just list everything as custom 8" figure in the title, and in the description write custom mego 8" figure and you are good to go.

Comment

• Vinny0026
          Year Five!!
          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by B-Lister
          Wow. People list reproduction Arcade cast iron toys all the time. Where's the crackdown on that garbage? But a custom MEGO that is on a genuine MEGO body (there is nothing original about the repro Arcade garbage) gets pulled?
          if you reported that - they would close it.
          we should move this post to the other side... if you know what I mean

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by zkrom
            Great news. I finally talked with someone (in Charge)who I could reason with and they did agree that the items were Mego and Canceled the restrictions on them and asked if I would be as clear as I can about which items were reproductions and which were actually Mego as I will continue to do... V-I-C-T-O-R-Y after a lot of Phone time. Wife is pleased I can see her and the kids again.LOL
            wow! after my hour on the phone I did not get that out come - kudos for you
            please pm how you list it so I can follow your lead

Comment

• megozilla13
              Persistent Member
              • May 10, 2002

I reported a "Tiffany style lamp" auction (there are actually close to 4000 of them) just to see if ebay would remove it, and they didn't. These lamps were not made by Tiffany. I don't see any difference between that and using "Mego style". ebay=antimegoites

Mikej
              WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

There are many "Custom Marvel Legends" auctions running at the moment - and that's a current line by Hasbro. Why aren't those being shut down? No consistency.

Comment

• mvanis
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 5, 2013

I do love that they heavily restrict the Mego name, even though it's no longer an operable business- but like others pointed out the custom Marvel, Tiffany-like, etc. all go untouched.
                  Looking for:
                  • Lincoln Monsters (Any condition)
                  • Boxed Mego Monsters
                  • AHI Jigglers / Bendy Monsters (Carded and Loose)
                  • ANYTHING Monster related

Founder - The Toy Archives

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

I'm trying to use logic to figure out the riddle that exists here.

The best I can think of is that someone with "influence" is helping get the Mego auctions shut down... targeting them, when other similar scenarios don't get targeted.

But, would there be a major Ebay seller who had a petty vendetta against certain Mego semi-repro or Mego custom sellers? That doesn't seem to make any sense.

Then of course there's the possibility of it all just being a lot of anti-Megoesque sentiment bad luck coincidence at this point, I guess. Could it be we're just biased and that this does indeed happen to Tiffany and Marvel Legends or similar companies more often than we know at the moment?
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

It takes a few days for them to look into it - so give it a day or so and see if they remove it.

Originally posted by megozilla13
                      I reported a "Tiffany style lamp" auction (there are actually close to 4000 of them) just to see if ebay would remove it, and they didn't. These lamps were not made by Tiffany. I don't see any difference between that and using "Mego style". ebay=antimegoites

Mikej

Comment

• Vinny0026
                        Year Five!!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by warlock664
                        There are many "Custom Marvel Legends" auctions running at the moment - and that's a current line by Hasbro. Why aren't those being shut down? No consistency.
                        It is because there is not a scorned person closing them all down/ reporting them. If they were reported they would get closed down.
                        all the mego items being closed are due to someone who clearly has nothing to do all day but screw with peoples items. it is a real shame

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎