Clear All
  • Red Hulk
    Career Member
    • Dec 19, 2012

A close race between Thor and Falcon.

Comment

• toywizzard
      • Nov 4, 2012

For me the first two I got as a kid,Solid Box Superman and Batman and Green Arrow would have to be my third pick.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

My favorite Mego figures are NOT the WGSH, but your thread says "the best 8" WGSH figure...," soooooooooooo..... hmmmmm..... Its pretty hard to pick just one;
        Right now, I have all the guys with lots of accessories in the front row, middle shelf of my cabinet: Conan, Thor, Green Arrow, Green Goblin, etc..... Since all those guys have cool accessories, they are who I sort of gravitate to sooner than other figures. But then, there's something about Mego Spiderman's colors that make me say to myself, "he's as good as any of them," and he has NO accessories....Then I start to think about how Human Torch and Spidey are kinda similar figures, (with no accessories) and then I love The Thing's orange, Hulk's green, Mr. Fantastic's blue- and then I think to myself, "wait a minute.... Batman and Robin have GREAT accessories AND great color, with blue & green gloves & boots, & yellow belts- OH-then I say to myself, "well, Batgirl has GREAT yellow gloves, belt and boots and has probably more accessories than ANY figure..... the GALS are the best figures of ALL, cause they have great accessories"... accessories.....accessories.... that reminds me of the accessories of Conan, Thor, Green Arrow & green Goblin again, and the whole thought process starts over again & I go insane & want to acquire more Megos...... It's impossible to choose....
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          "We" did?

I apologize if I've started a redundant thread.
          Sorry if I was too subtle- I'm kidding. The subject is way too subjective for one "right" choice.

Besides, it's pretty clear that Iron Man is the best
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• mvanis
            Career Member
            • Feb 5, 2013

Really tough decision for sure, I'd have to echo in the Thor and Conan sentiment, but I think all of the figures have an equally impressive vibe to them in their own way. I don't know what it is about Robin, but a very clean mint Robin is always impressive to me- I think it's just the color variation on him Also very much love a clean RC Batman
            Looking for:
            • Lincoln Monsters (Any condition)
            • Boxed Mego Monsters
            • AHI Jigglers / Bendy Monsters (Carded and Loose)
            • ANYTHING Monster related

Founder - The Toy Archives

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

This was a hard one to decide! I would say Green Goblin, or The THING. I would have a tough choice if both were staring me in the face at the store right now.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Hmm? Favorite or best are not quite the same question. I would say it is a toss up between Thor and Green Arrow for detail, with Green Goblin just outside of those two. My favorite is RC Batman, a removable mask is thee fun aspect for a Superhero figures.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

Green Arrow is probably the best WGS Mego made. If you look at the Mattel Retros all these years later Green Arrow still holds up as one of the best with only a few minor improvements, I think that speaks volumes about how good the original design was.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I love the Shazam and Isis growing up. I guess it was because the Shazam/Isis show was one. The next favs were Batman, Robin and Batgirl. I played so hard with them I keep breaking them. Many a Batman and Robin had casts made of tape.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡